Killer tactics

Options
grtf47
grtf47 Member Posts: 371

So I main survivor and haven't played killer consistently for a few months so I decided to hop on yesterday and got ran around like never before. The last time I made it to rank 1 as killer was by using leather face and wraith. I like to use freddy, ghost face, and spirit. I went against multiple SWF teams, or just really optimal solo survivors, mostly all escaping. i even went against a 3 man swf, two names of which were obvious troll names and they all escaped as well and then proceeded to message me in attempt to get me to rage against them. I am not a bad killer although I do make mistakes but it seems that the only way to win against a good SWF is to proxy camp, tunnel, etc. My question to all red rank killers is do you have to "tunnel" and camp and so on in order to 3k/4k? I feel that if I dont do these tactics, one chase is enough time to get a gen or two done, especially with all the pallets on many maps. How do you deal with SWF teams that are optimal?

Comments

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674
    Options

Mind games to make the chases and loops end quicker.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

I avoid camping/tunneling i hate being a tunneler or camper.

I will though if i feel like i'm out of options though like if all 4 are alive with 1 gen left you gotta get someone out asap if you want 2 kills at least.

• grtf47
    Options

I am on PS4 btw

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337
    Options

I just try my best to avoid going against SWFs. It’s just pure unfun and frustrating to go against them..

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749
    Options

With legion, no.

With most other killers, yes.

If the SWF your going against is optimal really all you can do is play, you have to be pretty skilled as the killer you are playing as to defeat optimal survivors.

• grtf47
    Options

@Kycer I agree but I try to use the challenge as a way to get better. Mostly ends in me wishing I brought a mori...

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

As killer, I respond based on how sweaty the survivors are playing. If the survivors play sweaty, then I play sweaty.

Now if the survivors are chill (or not that good), then I'll be very nice. I might even let one or two escape.

That's usually how I play killer.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

How did you make it to red ranks with Bubba and Wraith. . .

• grtf47
    Options

@Mister_Holdout I agree

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options
    • Creating Synergie with your Perks and maybe Add-Ons.
    • Try to juggle alot between all Survivor, don't focus on one Survivor unless you don't care about winning.
    • Be unpredictable with your Mindgames, because if Survivors catch on what you're doint, they can dodge your Mindgames. Do unusual routes and then usual routes.
    • Hide your red stain, this will make Survivor's having a harder time at looping because they can not see where you're going.
    • Understand spawn locations so you don't have to rely on Whispers or Luck.
  • grtf47
    Options

Honestly, I think I went against survivors with less skill. I would double pip multiple times from green rank to red.

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337
    Options

If you really wanna destroy SWFs then get really good at playing the spirit.. When I used to be a spirit main I never struggled against them.. thing is, playing spirit all the time got quite boring so I started using normal killers and it only took me a little while to realize that there’s nothing really that can handle SWFs on the ps4 other than the Spirit. Even Hillbilly is kinda trash on the ps4 because they can easily 360 you no matter how good you are.

• grtf47
    Options

Thanks for the tips. maybe I was just unlucky with my games because ruin spawned in obvious spots multiple times, like by a gen.

• LordCyphre
    LordCyphre Member Posts: 195
    Options

Agitation+Mad Grit

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

you certainly dont have to camp / tunnel in order to win games, though getting rid of one early on is, i'll have to admit that, the easiest way to go.

in the end its all about how fast you can end chases.

mindgames are a huge factor of the game in high ranks and you wont be able to win without those.

the most basic one would be the double back, where you pretend to go in one direction and then moonwalk in the other. with this you can sometimes get them to vault a pallet / window right into you / run head on into your blade.

there are many more, though in the end its just adapting to how the survivors play and then getting inside their head, predicting their next steps to cut them off.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,130
    Options

In another thread I was told survivors were nerfed too many times and killers buffed too often. How is it possible for you to have these issues?

🙃

• grtf47
    Options

@Mister_xD I know how to mind game, the issue is the survivors are so good they usually don’t fall for them and pop goes the gens or two by the time I get them downed. Especially on cold wind maps.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,045
    Options

Alot of simple mind games regarding how you move around jungle gyms and which direction you're facing can score you plenty of hits. OhTofu just released a video to show off use of I'm All Ears. I recommend watching it, not only for the perk, but also so you can see his movements around basic obstacles and the mindgaming going on for scoring M1 hits.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

I stopped running Ruin like 3 months ago. It's boring, to luck depended and can be gone in literally 20 seconds into the match. I tried Corrupt Intervention recently cuz Pop goes the Weasel forces you to go out of your way to kick gens