We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Playing XB1 after 500 hours on PC. Any advice?

Options
No_Mither_No_Problem
No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

For those wondering I switched because I’m tired of my laptop breaking.

Comments

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You're gonna have fun.

Edit : Let me elaborate it for you. Firstly, less toxicity, atleast in chat. Secondly, you'll never have anyone hacking like using speed hacks, wall hacks, etc. Then also, it feels like a complete different game on a controller. You can play by relaxing on your couch, without turning your back to others around you.

PS : I played for a thousand hours on PC, and I have switched to console. I'm enjoying Dead By Daylight more than ever. 
  • Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    Options

Lol, don't bother playing Killer. Just play Survivor. Playing Killer on a controller is literal aids.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Options

@Khalednazari said:
    You're gonna have fun.

Edit : Let me elaborate it for you. Firstly, less toxicity, atleast in chat. Secondly, you'll never have anyone hacking like using speed hacks, wall hacks, etc. Then also, it feels like a complete different game on a controller. You can play by relaxing on your couch, without turning your back to others around you.

PS : I played for a thousand hours on PC, and I have switched to console. I'm enjoying Dead By Daylight more than ever. 

@Doom_Punk said:
    Lol, don't bother playing Killer. Just play Survivor. Playing Killer on a controller is literal aids.

Okay, so I’ve played a few games as both Surv and Killer. My thoughts?

The people who made DBD for the console were probably just randoms Mathieu pulled off the street.

Clunky controls with awkward button layout, ridiculous queue times, ugly UI, ceaseless lag, and, probably it’s biggest flaw, an ICONCEIVABLY terrible framerate.

Every single action in the game causes a ridiculous frame drop. Swinging your weapon. Vaulting. Getting hit. Hooking. Failing a skill check. Passing a skill check. Picking up an item. Using your power.

It’s ridiculous. How are you supposed to play when 99.99% of the game is a still image?

• Doom_Punk
    Options

Considering I have to play with N64 graphics and still hit terrible framerates on some maps (11 FPS on Shelter Woods), and yet I still have played for 2200 hours over 2 years, I think you could manage.

Though I feel your pain, I hate playing on console since most games are very choppy and clunky to play.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Options

@Doom_Punk said:

Considering I have to play with N64 graphics and still hit terrible framerates on some maps (11 FPS on Shelter Woods), and yet I still have played for 2200 hours over 2 years, I think you could manage.

Though I feel your pain, I hate playing on console since most games are very choppy and clunky to play.

Homie if you have 2000 hours on console DBD you have a severe self-hatred problem and should seek help immediately.

• Doom_Punk
    Options

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:

@Doom_Punk said:

Homie if you have 2000 hours on console DBD you have a severe self-hatred problem and should seek help immediately.

Lol, I honestly don't mind it. I grew up with the N64 so bad graphics never were a problem, I just want good framerate so I can actually play.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Options

@Doom_Punk said:

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:

@Doom_Punk said:

Lol, I honestly don't mind it. I grew up with the N64 so bad graphics never were a problem, I just want good framerate so I can actually play.

I’m in the same boat fam.

If I wanted good graphics I wouldn’t want a SNES. But that framerate+lag is just atrocious.