The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Anyone notice a bunch of keys lately?

GrootDude
GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’ve had tons of other survivors bringing keys today, I actually got slugged to death because my teammates used a key. :/

I don’t get why I’m suddenly seeing so many, are people using them up now?

Comments

• madds
    madds Member Posts: 70

Oh thank heavens, I'm not the only one seeing them. I thought I was just getting terrible luck.

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of keys lately. I'm just seeing a lot of people run the things that killer players hate the most recently. Object of Obsession, Instaheals, Keys...

I don't play survivor often, but maybe killers have been using Ebony Moris a lot more recently and the survivors are fighting back. 😅

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    edited October 2019

I was messing with Michael with tombstone and I got a 2k since the team I went against had 2 keys

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,954

I have like 50 of them on my Jake why not

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019

I have been using tons of keys since EGC, it'st he best counter to the EGC patch.

I also use Plunder key fishing builds all the time, because again it's a great way to counter EGC. It's also a great way to counter Ebony Moris, and I am going up against a ton of those.

• Opekyn
    Opekyn Member Posts: 83

I know Otz just did a video outlining pretty much the most efficient/toxic swf comp you can make, and adding a key to that just takes it to the next level. The day after the video came out - I went from rarely seeing Unbreakable or OoO to having at least one survivor run either of them every other game.

Also, with insta-heals being nerfed, the next obvious target after would be keys and their stronger add-ons. Best to use them while they are at full power.

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

With the amount of potato's at red rank doesn't surprise me tbh

• InfinyMage
    InfinyMage Member Posts: 236

Keys? What keys? Im surprised you can squint your eyes that many times to even see keys bro. Bonus points for you.

But as killer i have had bunch of key latch escapes. 2 out of every 4 or 5 games involve keys. And i only ever notice a key in lobby 2 ouf of maybe 8 times they are actually carrying them.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Yes i have seen a lot in the past couple days... I horde all mine though. It's mine! However, if a teammate dies and leaves a key behind i bring it with me.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I have seen so many in most of my matches. Gotten pretty annoying especially since I'm not playing to sweat

• WINTERS
    WINTERS Member Posts: 127

Yes. I have as well. If it's not keys then it's an instaheal. So every game it's either or lol

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I too have seen a rise in them. Dunno what could cause it. Unless more keys are popping up in Blood webs somehow or something. Who knows.

• Mochan

I can assure you keys are not any more common in the bloodwebs.

People are probably just busting them out for some reason. Maybe they've been following my builds? LOL.

I actually hoard my keys and don't really use them that much. I think I have 60 keys on Feng and a smattering more on other survivors. But I use key-fishing builds.

Perhaps the reason for the rise is the buff to Left Behind. I know that my Plunder Build now uses Left Behind as a staple.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I also like hoarding things, but no one is using left behind with them.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
  • Mochan
  • Lambda
    Lambda Member Posts: 105

Probably because with all of the survivors bringing the Insta-heals to every game now that they're gonna be nerfed they probably figured "Eh, frick it." and go the extra mile to be annoying.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I feel like every other match there has been a key. And I keep my eyes sharp for them in the lobby and I swear they weren’t there before the endscreen. I think keys should have a bright tassel for killers to better see them, or survivors should no longer be able to instaswitch after a certain point.

• EnteWurzel
    EnteWurzel Member Posts: 25

why wouldn't you use a key now?

i really do not understand.

killer closes hatch...Surv can still escape. because opening an exit gate takes too long.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Recently, everyone got extra toxic.

Constant keys, insta heal, and Object. (object needs a big fat nerf it's way too powerful especially with swf but that's another topic.)

Killers are bringing lots of Noed, Mori, and other #########. It sucks.

• Mochan

I actually agree, things feel a little more toxic lately. I think everyone's on edge because of the upcoming Nurse and Medkit nerfs, and are getting antsy with the Dedicated Servers.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

I horde flashlights until prestige Bc I never use them, then start dumping them in chests in game Bc like maybe someone else will use it?

• HeroLives

I’ve said before on here like 6 months ago that ooo needed a nerf/rework Bc it was way too strong. Everyone jumped down my throat about it.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

With the EGC its not surprising.

• Mochan

I do this too when I run Santa Claus builds. I usually start the gme with a flashlight then dump it at a gen or in a pathway people are likely to pass over.

I kind of learn to play like Trapper hahah.

• HeroLives

Survivor Santa has a lot of free ######### come get it boys and girls! You get a toolbox! You get a medkit! You get a flashlight. And you , you’ve been naughty here’s a broken key with no add ons😈