We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

The how do YOU feel series episode 3 decisive strike

Options
joshuashep22
joshuashep22 Member Posts: 236

So entering a more hot topic this time how do YOU feel about decisive strike in it's current state?

The how do YOU feel series episode 3 decisive strike 43 votes

Too strong
6%
GibberishDolphin9192gaydavidking 3 votes
Strong but deserved
11%
rhafly_172ZackAndCodyDarootLeafstormsentryfile 5 votes
Niche perk
0%
Never used it
6%
StevoOMagic_ManODreski 3 votes
I dislike it
2%
dfrenchiee 1 vote
Needs tweaking
30%
SnakeSound222Spartagone45DermottJacoby2041MilkymalkTragicSolitudeHoodiedTAGFearstrikeRin_is_my_waifuKeelahCloudydreamingS_Panda 13 votes
Can we have old Decisive back?
2%
TheLegendDyl4n1 1 vote
Remove it
0%
It is perfectly fine
34%
Darkside84danielbird11Mert_MKKarl_ChildersKillermainBTWm8rd_dexsensualsatanAngryFluffyPigsterAwakeyAhoyWolfRadan42PGJSFasdi_vasdiRatedRCriddler 15 votes
Custom response ( add a comment with your opinion)
4%
AshleyWBKenshiro84 2 votes

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Needs tweaking

I think it needs some tweaking. Currently it still rewards Survivors for making bad plays. It should deactivate upon interacting with something, when the gates are powered, or if the Killer downs another Survivor before the timer is up.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,868
    Options
    Needs tweaking

IMO, it's close to a good spot (though still quite strong). The only thing it really needs IMO is something to combat those cases where the Killer has already avoided tunneling the DS person and hooked a different person but ends up triggering DS anyways.

• gaydavidking
    gaydavidking Member Posts: 158
    Options
    Too strong

It's not as bad as the old DS but as it is, it's still a 60 second immunity from the Killer and encourages slugging, which isn't fun for either killer or survivor. Adjusting the timer or making it so that it deactivates upon being fully healed would make it still viable, but not as oppressive to killers as it is now.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options
    It is perfectly fine

Never had a problem.

I'll just eat the stun and down them again 10 seconds later.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

Not accessible to less skilled players like me because we're bad at skill checks. I want developer skill checks. Why should I suffer from tunneling from hook when I miss ds because I am bad at skill checks.

Surely you want to discourage actual tunnelling so how about you do it where it's stone wall tunnelling.

• Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Too strong

It was given a 5 second stun time to deal with enduing, but when enduing was nerfed DS was untouched.

• Fearstrike
    Fearstrike Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Needs tweaking

Needs some tuning, personally I think that the perk should become deactivated upon entering a locker. That tech is dirty and annoying because it's forcing the killer to leave them (to potentially full heal due to Nancy's perk) and leaving no risk for survivors.

Also, with enduring being nerfed, DS remained untouched like the user above me said, which is scuffed.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options
    Never used it

I like perks that help my team, not myself, I only use one perk to help me, Lithe.

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674
    Options
    It is perfectly fine

Actually, it does help your team since you can buy them time to do gens while you're getting tunneled.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options
    Never used it

No need for Decisive Strike for me because:

1) Person who unhooks me in front of Killer has Borrowed Time

2) An intelligent person won't unhook you in front of the Killer without BT and wait until you can be unhooked.

My friends use it, I don't.

I don't like the perk.

• Kenshiro84
    Kenshiro84 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 26
    Options

For what it is, it's actually a bad perk.

It's overpowered in a sense, but only if the killer tunnels, but if they don't then it's a waste of a slot.

I feel like it's just better, self applied borrowed time, but if everyone is already running B.T than it's useless.

• Keelah
    Keelah Member Posts: 18
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Needs tweaking

It's mostly fine, I like the idea of antitunnel perk. However, I think it should deactivate when killer hooks other survivor and when survivor touch the generator. Now survivors can do generators basically in killer's face because they have decisive and it's so damn stupid.