We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

A look to the past. Wouldn't you love to be able to choose between new and old Freddy?

Options
Carlosylu
Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
edited October 2019 in Polls

I mean, I loved old Freddy, it took brain to use him. Could it be possible that the Devs make it an option to switch between the old and new abilities for Freddy?

I mean, it would sell that DLC even more right?

EDIT: I'm not saying to take the new Freddy out, but to add the option of being the new or the old one at the killer's choosing menu. He could even be added again as another killer with old movies Freddy skin. The new Freddy is here to stay, but how about ADDING the old one too

A look to the past. Wouldn't you love to be able to choose between new and old Freddy? 124 votes

Yes, I want to be able to choose between the old and new Freddy
43%
FoggyDownpourSnakeSound222PhantomMask20763PandomAlphaphaltkatoptrisPeasantCetrenNickSpartagone45EstruperKarltastiskakasantinoMiniPixelsJammyJewelsGoodBoyKaruInnCognitoAshleyWBBBQnDemogorgonJacoby2041 54 votes
No, the new Freddy is all I want
54%
PeanitsTwenties20kaWeederickMc_HartyMikeadatrixBossJesya245_TrioxinKebekRattmanPigNRunMister_xDFrenziedRoachNo_Cluie_LouisJetTheWaffleCat0h_DoctorStormhaven13_LCindieeden7brokedownpalace 67 votes
I don't even have Freddy, but I would buy the DLC if this was added to him
2%
KnayterNescau_FernandoNoOneEscapesNancy 3 votes
Post edited by Carlosylu on

Comments

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Options

Removing old Freddy feels like something very special just got taken away. He wasn't the strongest, but he was so much fun to play, juggling between multiple survivors putting them into sleep etc.

I really wish both Freddy would be available. Would also spice it up for survivors.

• Carlosylu
    edited October 2019
    Options

This change would just add content, and the main complaints were that he was too WEAK, which came from noob killers... The new Freddy is amazing, but the old Freddy was really fun to play as. I'm not saying "take Freddy to where he was", I'm saying "I want that TOO"

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,046
    Options

Old Freddy had the ultimate wallhack. Even the little faces he had in his hand when he put a survivor to asleep was good. He had no collision plus was invisible which was the whole point of Freddy's concept in the movies. Only time he was visible was to sleep survivors which to me was what made it more creepy especially when your own teammates couldn't help you without being put to sleep.

• dfrenchiee
    dfrenchiee Member Posts: 334
    Options

I miss old Freddy. New Freddy is great but the old one was more fun in my opinion. Being able to choose which one you wanted to play would be cool

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

For new Survivors, he was too hard to counter, NOT ONLY to add to that, if you did have an add on to make him like old Freddy, none of the add ons currently would make sense to apply to him, cause none of the add ons are part of his power and not needed as an ability in his old power per say.

He was changed because he was considered bs and not balanced at all, now he is.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Something different as well. I want to play old DBD version in KYF

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Despite how weak he was, old Freddy was not fun to face. I'd rather not see him come back.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

No, old Freddy is gone and good riddance.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 610
    Options

I miss Old Freddy. I actually preferred Old Freddy. New Freddy is just too much.

• Alphaphalt
    Alphaphalt Member Posts: 259
    Options

Where's the "ditch new freddy because hes unfun to play and face and is uninteractive and boring and give me my main back" option?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,638
    Options

I'm putting a caveat on my vote. I only want to be able to choose between new and old on custom games.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options

Old Freddy was not fun to play as or against imo

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

I prefer old Freddy. He has more of an individuality to him. He had some clear weak points but he had so much more variety with him so that you could still play while posing valid threat.

• Alphaphalt
    Alphaphalt Member Posts: 259
    Options

Should probably elaborate - I think Old Freddy needed changes, as does Spirit and current Freddy for the sake of fun, but at least I felt like I was playing the game over spam snares and bloodlust.

• TheALIEN
    TheALIEN Member Posts: 327
    edited October 2019
    Options

Misinterpreted the vote- thought it meant old Fred and remake Fred x3

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

Old Freddy is a killer purely designed to make you not wanna face him as all he did was tunnel pretty much

New Freddy has so much design to him that now he is pretty powerful and not the worst killer in the game

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,752
    Options

Giving an option would defeat the entire purpose of creating new Freddy. It's time to accept that old Freddy is gone.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Honestly there was little funnier than faking a window vault and seeing old freddy inside.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

Imagine if people started to ask for other broken killers like old Legion. Even if old freddy wasn't too hard to play aginst I hated him since he was the most anti stealth looping encouraging killer in the game.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

I'm all for more options

• Karltastisk
    Karltastisk Member Posts: 529
    Options

The changes was not changed for the killers. It was purely survivor feedback and/or killers that enjoyed tunneling that got him reworked. Old Freddy players like myself only wanted the dream transition to cancel out any current actions being done. And his rework even tho it is really good. I and i think many other former Freddy mains find it to be a major nerf to Freddy's top potential.

And not to say the least the fun factor that he had for me is completely gone. Since i enjoy the hit and run tactics alot and that was the ONLY killer that rewarded that type of playstyle heavily.

And personally i found it to be very exciting to get out of dream world as a survivor because i knew how crucial it was to my survival. Now i never bother to wake up since it isn't really needed anymore.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

I was one of the people who didn't mind facing the old freddie. Indeed, I found him fun.

But... I like the new one better. He's easier to use and has a viable defense. If they brought back the old one, they'd still have to tweak him because his lack of defense made him weak as hell.

So it's a big fat NO from me. He's a good killer now - leave him the F alone.

• Carlosylu
    Options

You DIDN'T read, it's not to change him back, it's to bring an option to play as any of them both, you could pick to use the old one OR the new one, a FREDDY abilities pick option.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,382
    Options

The changes were for everyone. A lot of killers did not like him before and he was widely regarded at the worst killer. Of course there's going to be a few people out there that did like him, but the vast majority of people were not happy with him.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,752
    Options

Plenty of killers thought Freddy was bad. The ones who loved old Freddy were a vocal minority.

He's not coming back. You're wasting your breath.

• Carlosylu
    Options

Was there a poll? Or was this just based on comments and perception of the comunity?

I'm politely asking, don't get me wrong

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,382
    Options

No poll, but general feedback combined with the incredibly low usage rate. Basically a lot of people saying they didn't like it and the stats showing that not a lot of people wanted to play him either.

• Carlosylu
    Options

I LOVE STATISTICS! When are you guys releasing the next ones? I've seen the ones from may, but I'd love to see more! Thanks for your work BTW

• Karltastisk
    Karltastisk Member Posts: 529
    Options

Oof... i stopped reading when you said old Freddy single handedly taught you to tunnel and camp...

no wonder you taught he was bad when you played towards his weakness instead of his strenghts.

old freddy was a beast. And anyone claiming otherwise simply didn’t know How to play him.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

I guess the option to switch would be okay, but good luck with that: They deemed him unfun to play as and against, and since he's replaced, it means there's no more changes happening to him, and no more changes in turn means no opinions will change either.