The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should BHVR give something for the delay, would you?

2»

Comments

• TooKoolFoU
    TooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378

I’d say just extended the event by an extra few days and the tome/rift due it’s delayed so no one is behind or rushed to finish anything once the release is out. Even if not, it doesn’t matter to much. I mean there’s not much they can do about it so it’s fine

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited October 2019

On Halloween week/Halloween? The weekend/days before Halloween? A spooky game with killers, many of which are centered and had movie releases on Halloween? Expecting them to actually do something because their event got delayed? Uh, surely you must be joking, the double BP button isn't just a switch you can flip. The real gift is the gift of being given a Q&A doofus, it's not their fault their major update made for release for a Halloween event was delayed.

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257

They should give everyone about tree fiddy

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

No, they don't owe us anything just because it got delayed. They're already giving us an event and the archives, plus more stuff in the future, is that not enough? They're a game making company, stuff happens. Sure it got delayed, but we're still going to get the mid-chapter patch and everything, just be patient.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

If you read between the lines, he's secretly saying they're giving out all the Legacy Skins to everyone to make up for it. ;)

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Honestly?

Getting a 3rd set would be nice or at least 1.5 BP until it's ready?

This has been crazily disappointing

• NoMitherPlayer
    NoMitherPlayer Member Posts: 174

Simple answer. Fortnite, the most famous game of all time. They always gave us something when a similar problem happened. For business reasons that means it's the best option + everyone is happy. They should? Yes, for themselves especially :)

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

everyone that's comparing scenarios where a client pays for something, that something is delayed so a compensation is expected is missing one important point:

no one paid anything, here.

We paid for the game, not for update 3.3.0 being on the 22nd of October. That's what @Peanits is talking about, the difference between downtime and delay.

...and now, give me back my 7000 iridescent shards for when I bought Legion before you destroyed them!! 😡

• Alonzo
    Alonzo Member Posts: 151

Would be nice to get some BPs or make a double bp event.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I’m curious who’s fault it is? I still enjoy the game, and look forward to what the company does going forward. But to blindly support them and say, “nothing thy could do,” when you see how long some bugs have gone on is stupid.

They could hire more people or get outside support fixing their coding that causes delays, healing bugs, random DCs, resetting progress, disappearing cosmetics... should I go on

• johnmwarner

I love how many people didn’t really even seemingly read the actually question, or choose which part to answer.

I stated they don’t owe us anything, but if it was you would you do something just for good PR after all the bugs, etc of the last couple months

• Sziosis
    Sziosis Member Posts: 198

I don't blindly support them. I support them because they try hard to fix the game regardless of what everyone on the forums says. The game years ago was far from what it is now and they do fix bugs, but some are harder to code than others, so they remain longer. As for the loss of progress they experienced, have you ever played a game for hours and the power went out before you saved? Think of that, but on a development level where coding can be lost completely. They would have to assess the loss, adjust their schedule to fix what was lost and continue with all other changes that they hadn't even got to yet. Fault should not be the focus. We should have patience when it comes to matters like these and not think about ourselves when the developers are already having a hard time. Is it really so bad that the event and changes are postponed? At least they are not canceled.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452

There's a big difference between a company refunding one customer and a company providing something of value (yes, BP are a commodity in this game) free to millions of customers.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

There's a difference though in your example.

UberEats is a service you paid for to get the food. And food should be served hot and warm (unless it's ice cream or something). You are not only entitled to a refund or some other token, you deserve it, because you paid for something and didn't get what you paid for.

In the case of the event, it isn't something you we paid for. We paid for the game to play it. And other DLC we bought. We are 100% entitled to get those in their full capacity as promised. The Ash refund people are talking about, I actually agree with that, because a lot of people only bought Ash for MOM, and they nerfed it to the ground. That is unfair. The MoM fiasco was handled really poorly by BHVR, I bet a lot of players who got burned their didn't feel like dishing out for Ghost Face or Stranger Things.

But the Halloween Event is a nice bonus, something the devs are doing to support the game they put their hearts behind. Nobody paid for it, and the Devs never had to give it, they just did because they thought doing so would increase the value of their game.

Nobody is entitled to anything for the Halloween Event. So if it is delayed -- and not even ruined or destroyed. Just delayed -- I don't think it's reasonable to expect BHVR to give handouts to assuage people's butthurt feelings.

That's just feeding bad entitlement.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019

It feeds the growing feelings of ridiculous entitlement the community has. That's not good.

As they say, "You give a hand they take the whole arm."

In the same way a parent doesn't spoil a child because they grow up rotten, a company shouldn't spoil its consumers in this way. It creates a rotten community.

The fact that a lot of people here are thinking they're entitled to something, already shows how rotten the community is. That's what happens when you spoil people.

The only apology we need is for the event to come to us eventually in good shape, without a hitch, and give us all a fun experience. That's the only compensation I need for this. Now if the actual event is a bust... well now that something to remember. And people will eventually leave the game and turn their backs on BHVR if they keep screwing up. But that is another matter.

• TheAntiSanta
    TheAntiSanta Member Posts: 128

Oh boy, we drinking that Kool-Aid so hard, that even suggesting some free imaginary nonsense money that costs the studio literally nothing to hand out to people, is just the Biggest Entitled Cry Baby Thing a person could do.

It wasn't all that long ago, that we used to laugh at people who were overjoyed to get fifty cents worth of compensation in in-game cash, when things went something went wrong, but those people seem almost miserly compared to this thread.

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235

They will do what they have done in the past and hook a long Blood Hunt into the event. The thing that sucks the most is that we haven't really had an event in almost a year. No Summer BBQ and the 3 year Anniversary was a joke. So many people complained about the 3 year that they did extend the Blood Hunt on it when it was going on. They haven't done much in a long time event-wise, and this event doesn't have much of an event to it besides using the rift to unlock cosmetic pieces. Don't expect much from Dead by Delays

• johnmwarner

So you feel you’re getting to play the game at 100%??? Let’s leave this event/rift whatever out of it. The game itself is BADLY BUGGED. Games where I can’t heal someone, wake a sleeping survivor, a streamer had a survivor glitch being carried and got stuck unable to do anything at all, and the list goes on.

What actually may be more upsetting than the rift delay, is the fact that they didn’t delay the rift a long time ago to fix major bugs that affect basic parts of the game that we have paid for.