If you hate the game so much why are you playing?

Options

I love this game. I don't always win and I still love this game. There are so many posts with people completely trashing every aspect of this game and being incredibly rude and insulting to the devs. My question to all of those people. . . If you hate this game so much why are you still playing it?

I want to say thank you to the devs for the hard work they do. Are they perfect? Is every addition or change perfect? Of course not, they're human! I am in no way saying people shouldn't play this game just wondering why people have to be so nasty on these forums.

Comments

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 659
    Options

because the addiction is strong in this one! :'Dc

real talk, though, i definitely agree with the both of you, @ocafghanistan and @Lost_in_the_Fog.

• TwistrBlitz
    TwistrBlitz Member Posts: 91
    Options

Love/hate relationship.

It’s a really good game so the flaws stand out more.

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 659
    Options

though it would be safe to mention that there are some people that choose to stick around only for the sake of bashing on whatever they can as a form of entertainment. that is a real thing in this community, as unfortunate as it is.

but i agree! negative feedback can be good as long as it's reasonable negative feedback and not for the sake of trying to make everything look bad for the meme. :0

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 892
    Options

I been playing since early 2017 when there was still ALOT of unbalanced issues and man...even then I did not complain too much 😂 as a killer though I will admit, it was quite difficult.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    Options

I have a huge Love & Hate relationship with this game.

• nickoli2233
    nickoli2233 Member Posts: 91
    Options

I think part of the reason people complain so much is that they see a lot of potential in the game but there are so many unenjoyable moments that make it hard to not what to get some sort of relief of frustration. I've got 1k plus hours and everytime I boot up the game I get a bunch of nervous energy because you truly don't know if you're going to have a good time or just have bad game after bad game that sends you spiraling. People should definitely think about doing/playing something else if it starts making you miserable and toxic in-game. I'm guilty as such and been taking longer and longer breaks from the game, it's not worth stressing yourself out over a game where the allure is that it's truly random in outcomes of matches. I really love the game and want it to thrive but the beauty of the game is marred by the technical issues and stubbornness of the devs to make perks, other than the always used ones, actually have an impact on what you do as killer and survivor. I'm going to start ranting if I keep going but I hope you understand what I'm trying to convey.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    Options

I have a feeling many people have a love/hate relationship with this game.

That’s why goodbye threads crack me up, they claim to leave but you see them back within a week. 😂

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

To paraphrase Anton Ego...

I don't like dead by daylight, I LOVE it.

If I didn't LOVE it, I wouldn't tell you what's wrong with it.

The people who "hate" this game and still play are what you would call dedicated players. They know the ins and outs of the game on a deeper level than the devs do and as a whole, might have better solutions to the various problems that plague the game.

The devs make questionable decisions at every chance they get and the players who are still in the honeymoon phase don't see them for what they really are... bad design choices.

Some are good, and they've made good progress on some issues. But many remain unresolved, even after many years.

Frustrations remain and are the driving force behind much of the discontent on the forums.

• TwistrBlitz
    Options

Adding to that, there are nasty players who attack the developers when they don’t get their way but they’re far from the majority.

Most of us try to be constructive with our criticism, but too often I see it confused for hate.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

They don't hate it. They're just more passionate about the game (maybe a little too passionate ) and want to see it improve.

They love this game they just don't like admitting it ;)

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Pretty much exactly where I'm coming from here, whenever I'm complaining about the stupid oppressive grind, or whatever annoying mechanic. I love the game enough to care, and I continue to enjoy playing it even if I have issues with this and that.

• SpookyJeff
    SpookyJeff Member Posts: 108
    Options

I hate this sort of fan gatekeeping I see going on across ALL types of fandom. You can support a game, sports team, etc. and critique them and want better from them BECAUSE you care. The "if you don't like it, leave" crap is how you get people calling your bluff and quitting, leaving you with garbage long queue times and a bad experience.

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382
    Options

Thoroughly enjoy this game, also thoroughly hate its exploits and toxic gimmicks.

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415
    Options

This game has potential, Im sure all of us here can agree with that. However, we all have ideas on how that potential isnt being reached. To imply the game is perfect or fine the way it is is ignorance. Like @Peanits said, its passion that drives us, not hatred. We may not like the game as is, but we like the game it could become.

• TwistrBlitz
    Options

Ah that was the term I was looking for, gatekeeping.

Yeah if you do this, stop. There’s no reason for it.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Addiction ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597
    Options

I like to torture myself.

• hinoutoumei
    hinoutoumei Member Posts: 294
    Options

You are confusing hatred with passion. We don't hate the game, we are bothered by the way it may be, because it could be better in certain parts. Voicing our opinion about what is bad about the game does not mean we don't enjoy playing it. We would very much like to play it in a better state. Also, some of us are just over emotional. We hate everything, complain about everything, but at the end of the day we are actually grateful lol.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    edited October 2019
    Options

Honestly, this game is very annoying and frustrating a lot of the time, can be super unfair at times, but the good moments make it all worth it at the end.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

It's a love/hate relationship. DbD and it's core idea is fun and still full of unused potential. But that makes it also frustrating in so many ways possible.

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712
    Options

I agree that passion is very likely part of it, but also I believe some people just want attention, hence why we constantly see "goodbye, I'm quitting DBD" threads.