We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Would You Buff The Pig and How?

Options
Rezblaze
Rezblaze Member Posts: 843

Here is an idea on how I would buff the Pig. This is a poll to see how people respond to the idea of a Pig buff.

Here is what I would do:

Make Rule Set #2 base kit. I think a lot of other Pig mains would agree with this sentiment, at least this is the consensus I've heard in regards to the Pig. She's gotten a ton of nerfs it seems. I still love playing her, but she could use a much stronger buff.

So, alongside making Rule Set #2, I suggest replacing it with two new addons (I've suggested this in another thread):

[Very Rare] Partially Filled Syringe

A syringe a quarter filled with a sedative, enough to put one favored victim asleep in preparation for the game.

• Match selects an obsession.
  • Obsession begins the trial with an inactive reverse bear trap on their head.

[Ultra Rare] Filled Syringe

A syringe completely filled with a sedative, enough to put multiple victims asleep in preparation for the game.

• All survivors start the trial with inactive reverse bear traps on their head.
  • Slightly increases the reverse bear trap death timer.

Would You Buff The Pig and How? 42 votes

Adjust base stats (speed buff, cooldown buff, terror radius, etc.)
9%
Ark_the_BonsaiAdelooNoFaceDoofy_G 4 votes
Make Rule Set #2 base kit, replace with new Addons.
26%
OnryosTapeRentalsGamer00prygelknabeHatCreatureCashelP14BlazelskiMedicSpirit7BruhMomentWTBaconKenshiro84Rezblaze 11 votes
Make Rule Set #2 base kit AND adjust base stats.
35%
GibberishJetTheWaffleCatLarczMiriamGAcesthetiicarslaNTheLegendDyl4n1OMagic_ManOBenZ0Boosted_DwightNescau_FernandoAwakeyDr_LoomisRaven014Forceful_Spork 15 votes
Other Buff
7%
anarchy753Miss_BritanniaZackAndCody 3 votes
Pig doesn't need buffs.
14%
RizzoLuigifan64PandomJoelux1GrootDudeCarlosylu 6 votes
Nerf the Pig again.
7%
Slaughterhouse3dfrenchieeYung_Slug 3 votes

Comments

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

I honestly have no clue why Rule Set No. 2 isn't base kit. It just doesn't make sense to me as a 50/50 player. It makes RBTs near worthless.

I'd rather have boxes be unable to be interacted with when the survivor in question's RBT isn't going yet. Only survivors with timers going can get a RBT off, in other words. That'd be a nice buff.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

I voted for Rules #2 and add-on changes because in my opinion Pig needs more add-ons for her Ambush and crouch rather than her traps. Most of Pig's add-ons are worthless because of how the traps work and how easy they are to take off. Then you got Ghostface twerking in the distance with his superior crouch speed and laughing, Pig needs to move faster when she is crouched and since she is one of the few killers who are not add-on dependent she can sacrifice one slot for faster movement speed while crouched. This will also allow Pig players the ability to play her the way they want, I enjoy being a sneaky piggy but others might enjoy a more trap based piggy; better add-ons can do this.

• Rezblaze
    Options

I dont mind less ambush addons.

Her traps are far from useless. Though I think they need a bit more lethality. Maybe, after certain period of time, the trap timer starts ticking regardless of gen progress?

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Pig doesn't need buffs.

I dunno, I don’t think she is as bad as everyone thinks.

*edit: basically I’m undecided.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options

I just want some small tweaks to her power. I'll make certain add ons base kit, rework a few add-ons, and make rule No 2 base kit

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

I think she's underrated, but still in desperate need of some serious buffs.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options
    Nerf the Pig again.

Bacon bits! Bacon bits!

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

I guess useless was a bit of an overstatement, very few of her add-ons are actually worth using but things that make more skill checks just help Survivors take it off faster, at least when I'm a Survivor anyway. The status effect add-ons are probably the best of all the Killers since they are permanent until the mask is taken off though, but things like increased regression penalty is just laughable and anyone who dies because of that add-on is a low rank.

Some stats do need to be changed like the bear trap timer and make Huntress Lullaby work on boxes but I think that can come after the add-ons or even with it.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Do you eat them whole?

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options
    Nerf the Pig again.

I throw them in the trash where they belong! :D

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

You have poor tastes.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Pig doesn't need buffs.

But the point of RBT isn't supposed to be that it kills survivors, the point is to waste the survivor's time. If someone dies by a RBT, cool, but actively wanted a buff for the traps isn't needed on Pig. Before you ask, yes, I am a Pig main, but I'd rather see a lot of her addons retooled to affect her crouch and dash rather than her RBT.

• Rezblaze
    Options

The bear traps as they function now doesn't mean it can't be how they function in the future, or that it's 'supposed to' function that way.

Rule Set #2 increases lethality by preventing them to see all traps until it's active, but also greatly increases time wasting.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Pig doesn't need buffs.

But she doesn't need that, and that's even before you add perks like Ruin and Pop Goes the Braincell (which I don't use), so how her traps are now are just fine.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

I know. This wouldn't be an inherent buff to traps since 2 mins is more than enough time to get it off. I just think that they shouldn't be able to get it off when inactive. I think that alone would be enough to counter the loss of endgame pig. However, I do agree that she'd still be weaker than quite a few killers.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Other Buff

Yes.

Pig doesn't really need a buff to her base power, but her add ons are absolute garbage that really need to be completely overhauled.

• Miss_Britannia
    Miss_Britannia Member Posts: 165
    Options
    Other Buff

In my opinion, you should not be able to leave the match with the trap on at all. Either through exit gate or hatch. You either get that trap off your head or you are dead. No excuses or substitutions. Make having the trap on your head a danger mad not an inconvenience.

• Blazelski
    Blazelski Member Posts: 351
    Options

I agree with some of the others here. Her traps shouldn't be more lethal. It sucks as a survivor when you die from a trap due to absolutely no fault of your own, and increased lethality would just make that more common. This coming from someone who has been maining her for a couple weeks. Not to mention that the Pig would actually suffer from less bloodpoints if people died faster.

What she needs is the Rule Set #2 base kit buff, and a massive reworking of her addons so that more than 4(ish) of them are useful. She should get the next pass after Nurse.

• Rezblaze
    Options

I agree the goal of her traps isn't to be lethal, but honestly I think her recent nerfs made her traps a little TOO non-lethal, to the point where its not threatening to have it on, more as a minor inconvenience.

I think we should find a point where having a hat on is a desperate situation but not a death sentence. Right now is neither a desperate situation nor a death sentence.