We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Whatcha Think Of Diversion? 🗣️

Options
Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,613

Y'all like your polls simple, i'll keep 'em simple!

Diversion

Activate-able Perk.

Standing within the Killer's Terror Radius while not in a Chase for 45 seconds activates Diversion.

• Once Diversion is activated, press the Active Ability button while crouched and motionless to throw a pebble, which creates a loud noise notification for the Killer at a distance of 10/15/20 meters.
  • Diversion deactivates once it has been used.

Whatcha Think Of Diversion? 🗣️ 53 votes

Perfect as is!
20%
Slaughterhouse3TheLegendDyl4n1anarchy753GrootDudeKillermainBTWm8Boosted_DwightdfrenchieeAwakeyCarlosyluForceful_SporkCreepingcam1070 11 votes
The effect is too strong!
0%
The effect is too weak!
5%
BlazelskiPandiferAhoyWolf 3 votes
The effect is too Situational!
11%
Miss_BritanniaNuclearBurritoMedicSpirit7jasonq500WTBaconQuol 6 votes
The requirements are too strict!
45%
BossSteveyTheExEeveeArk_the_BonsaiLuigifan64GibberishStevoCamoRangerPandomMister_xDCakeDutySblitcherJacoby2041AxX7891CJsDBDyobuddddoitagain_Rocketlauncher22Dr_Loomisanonymous31337DarootLeafstorm 24 votes
The requirements are too loose!
0%
It's bad entirely, it needs a complete rework!
5%
xEapleasedontbetoxic117Slayer192845 3 votes
Multiple of the above!
11%
AcesthetiicarslaNElkAzurlynxRaven014DeKillerKiller 6 votes
Other!
0%

Comments

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I find it takes too long to load up.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
    Perfect as is!

I love this perk!

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options
    Perfect as is!

It was really tempting to say the perk is too strong. But this is my actual opinion.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 993
    Options

I love the perk but staying in the terror radius for 45 seconds is too strict imo. I'm glad it charges while you're on a killers shoulder and when you're on hook otherwise it'd be almost impossible to get, unless you go out of your way to ignore gens to get it.

Devs said that the reason it's 45 seconds is so SWF can't abuse it. I've never understood that. SWF can literally find a vault or pallet if they wanna annoy killer with notifications, buffing the perk to be 25 seconds wouldn't make it better than fast vaulting, if survs really wanna spam notifications.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

I love the effect. But I wish it was easier to use.

Buffing the requirements down, QoL buff with an aiming indicator ect.

The effect itself is great. No need to touch that.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options
    Multiple of the above!

I never understood why it was 45 seconds long. And why you needed to be in the Killer's Terror Radius for it to start counting down to zero.

It just sounds too situational for me to use it effectively. If I'm not doing Gens, I will be running away from the killer. If I am hiding, it's because I made my build specifically to play stealth. And usually I don't bring Diversion as a needed perk. Spine Chill, Lightweight, Sprint Burst and Quick and Quiet works well enough for me.

I also think the perk is a little too weak for the requirement. Most of the time the killer will be chasing someone already and won't be too fussed about another notification. And if you're hiding and you're using it to divert the attention of the killer away from you, most of the time it doesn't work. For me at least, since when I'm levelling up Adam, I was also trying to get his Adept achievement at the same time. Never found a good time to use it at all, and it never actually diverted the attention of the killer for a long period of time, enough time for me to escape at least.

• Creepingcam1070
    Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 330
    Options
    Perfect as is!

TBH its a meta for me

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options
    Perfect as is!

Not supposed to be strong and that's okay. It's more of a meme like Head On.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

It needs to be a regular cooldown perk that isn't tied to TR or the cooldown needs to be SIGNIFICANTLY lower (like 20 seconds at most). I also with that the perk would react to walls instead of just phasing through them, but I know that probably won't happen because that might be hard to do.

• Forceful_Spork
    Forceful_Spork Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Perfect as is!

I think it's fine.

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723
    Options

Except Head On is actually useful.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

a great gimmicky perk for fun times!

however, i would like the perk to be recharging faster, the closer you are to the killer while unseen (only while in the TR ofcourse, so it wont charge when an invisible wraith is passing by), similar to the doctors madness that increases faster, the closer you are to him.

• Miss_Britannia
    Miss_Britannia Member Posts: 165
    Options

It’s a joke perk. You mostly up throwing the rock at the killer when at exit gate and then proceed to tbag before to finally leaving the game.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

45 seconds is a bit too long for it, even just reducing it to 30 seconds would be a great change.

Other than that, its fine.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options

The time it takes to use it and the time when its useful to use make it too situational.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

Love the perk, but takes a bit too long. Would love to see it charge faster and get multiple stacks, maybe up to 3. Throw them pebbles!

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Multiple of the above!

I'm unsure of what to say about it. It's not a very good perk now, but if buffed incorrectly, would be very powerful against certain killers... (mainly the weaker ones as well as maybe spirit)

Then again, I haven't played with it much. The timer is excessive, but the effect is strong... idk.

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    edited October 2019
    Options

I don't mind 45 seconds cool-down but it should have additional ways to charge. Examples:

• It innately charges but at a slower rate (90 seconds)
    • Helping a Survivor (healing/unhooking/etc) charges the perk
    • You begin the trial with a full charge

Anything like the above which helps encourage more frequent use of the perk to create distractions and not simply as a tool for extremely desperate situations.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

It would be nice if teammates could see the noise bubble it creates. It would help them to not inadvertently run strait to that area moments after you throw it! (This happens all too often!)

This might make it a bit harder to throw pebbles at Meg’s locker though..... 😈

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options
    Multiple of the above!

I do think it is very good, but it wouldn't hurt to have it activated a little faster. Maybe 30 seconds? I don't know.