We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Will you buy the battle pass? (rift pass, premium track)

Options
Heroiq
Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

since the update is releasing today (11am est). it would be nice to know if you're going to buy it. or not.

Will you buy the battle pass? (rift pass, premium track) 144 votes

Yes
44%
myers_obsessionMc_HartyGamingZebra88mistar_zItzSoulzPandomDigwiidYamiTheFurryPeasantCetrenbrowalker15daddyoSpartagone45MiriamGAcesthetiicCallMeBaconarslaNNoFaceElegantTheLegendDyl4n1 64 votes
No
22%
twistedmonkeyLuigifan64RattmanWINTERSChocolate_CosmosbeatddbRing_RingInnCognitoDolphin9192Captain_SpauldingCymerNicholasBlazelski[Deleted User]PeenutsButt3rAceonfireABannedCatrd_dexQwrtyMan213Nescau_Fernando 32 votes
Maybe
33%
BossJnnsMuFibijeanZagridZarStocherHeroLivesMegDensonMistikusSpacingLlamasRWoodrowPureSabaccPumpaloafFabianian318indieeden7HatCreatureJacoby2041RainbowPatooieExerlinse05239Weepeme 48 votes

Comments

• Herman_CMH
    Herman_CMH Member Posts: 181
    Options
    Maybe

Depends on my achievement in the event

If I can complete most of the tasks, yes, I will go for it.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes

As long as it doesn't make me play clown

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    Options
    Yes

I play a lot. I don't normally pay for skins. But since I'd be making my money back and get a few weeks of costumes from each pass I'd say its a worthy trade. along with the 2.5m bp bonus.;

I'm mainly interested in doing the challenges because it was something that I've always asked for, even if it didn't had ay rewards. I'd still do it.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options
    Yes

Yes. I play this game on a daily basis.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options
    Maybe

I'm still a bit sceptical about how easy it will be to complete. I fully intend to buy the premium pass, if I start moving along the free track and find that the grind is manageable.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options
    Maybe

I don't like The Rift, I don't like it at all to be honest as it is just one tool in a multitude of scheming monetization tools that are all purposely designed to manipulate players into spending money, whether the intentions are honest and positive or not.

With that being said I will only buy the pass after I see just how far I can get as I am quite curious. If I get nowhere then hell no screw that, I'd rather pay $10 for 1 full cosmetic in the shop than just trash. If I get pretty far or a decent way through with some nice rewards by the end of the Rift then I'll buy it as it is a lot of cosmetics that would cost a lot more than $10 all together if they were in the store so i'd be saving money; sure most of it will probably be trash but if you get far enough there will still be some stuff down the line that classifies as saving money. This Rift however it does look like most of the good stuff would be Charms as most of the cosmetics in this Rift are pretty bland, yes every Killer cosmetic in the current Rift is bland and since I don't play Nurse, I'm not interested.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    No

Basicly what @Cymer said

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
    Yes

I bought it in Paladins, so I’ll buy it in dbd.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options
    Maybe

If I complete the free track, maybe, since it'd be free.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443
    Options
    Yes

Absolutely. It's a form of progression and I've been looking for progression in DBD for a long time. I have nothing against battl passes and I think they are a great way to add cool cosmetics and reward people who play a lot at the same time

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Yes

Looks like it.

But the problem is life is pretty busy...as much as I would like to sit, drink beer and play DBD...I have responsibilities.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,292
    Options
    Yes

Yes, I like to play and get stuff for playing.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options
    Maybe

Depends on how much I'll play initially. I already have 1k auric cells in reserve, I might get it if I got far enough in a decent amount of time.

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 977
    edited October 2019
    Options
    No

No. The game already has pay-to-win elements, an in-game shop and lots of expensive DLC. Adding a premium battlepass on top of everything else is just ridiculous.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options
    Yes

The premium track created more reasons for me to play this game and for people to play different characters

Well, that applies to the rift

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843
    Options
    No

I've already paid for a good handful of skins.

• ZarStocher
    ZarStocher Member Posts: 59
    Options
    Maybe

Yes, if I manage to complete most of the rift, otherwise not. I will therefore decide in ten weeks.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,340
    Options
    Maybe

Depends on how far I can get in a reasonable amount of time. If I get far enough, then I will buy it, otherwise no. Some of the ptb challenges were a little ridiculous and I don't have fun playing survivor so I probably won't do most of their challenges. Unless BHVR changed how it works on some fundamental levels I doubt it, but we'll see.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options
    Yes

I'd like to say I'd show some restraint, but I'm not going to lie to myself.

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    edited October 2019
    Options
    No

I'm not against it or anything like that, for me it's more I don't really care about any of the cosmetics you can get since there is none for my mains Spirit and Kate. Charms literally useless.

• teegyl
    teegyl Member Posts: 16
    Options
    No

I am disgusted by the amount of brain dead people here buying this garbage!

• DeKillerKiller
    Options
    Maybe

Whoa whoa, calm down there.

We're not braindead, people can do whatever they like with their money. If it's what they enjoy then let them have it. As long as it isn't actaully gambling it should be fine.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options
    Yes

So if it had Spirit and/or Kate would you have consider it more? Just wondering based on what you wrote. I'm still getting it, but if it was Feng based, instant buy. So if it was about Kate or Spirit, would you? Sorry if this annoyed ya.

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    Options
    No

Like I said I'm not against a battlepass just don't like what I could get from this one, if there was a cute Kate charm like the Claudette one or sick Spirit cosmetic I would definitely buy it.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options
    No

Doesn't interest me one bit. Cosmetics isn't something I will generally spend any money on in any game unless the cost is extremely low and I know what I'm getting for my money.

The charity case was a rare exception for myself as it helped a good cause at the same time.

• DeKillerKiller
    Options
    Maybe

Can I change my answer to a hard [No]?

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options
    Yes

the comparison is flawed. you dont have to pay for extra content, just for cosmetics which werent a thing back then when obv online gaming was much smaller in playerbase.

you can decide not to buy it and its fine, but refrain from senseless comparisons.

• JnnsMu
    JnnsMu Member Posts: 249
    Options
    Maybe

I plan to buy it if I get every Auric Cell reward before it expires.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options
    Maybe

I won't at first to find out how far I can get and then, if I find it fair, I will pick it up near the end of either the rewards or the rift closing.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
    Options
    Yes

I'll gladly pay the $10 to earn some exclusive cosmetics. Even if I don't earn them all it's a good deal considering the pass costs slightly less than a single new outfit. And that Nurse blight cosmetic is dope!

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options
    No

I’ll only buy it if I fully complete it, a game that costs $118 on top of a cosmetic shop doesn’t need a battlepass.

• GamingZebra88
    GamingZebra88 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Yes

I see no reason not to, if you make it to the end it's all of your money made back in auric cells AND free cosmetics/charms!

For a pretty decent price as well. I didn't expect myself to like the idea of it so much but now that it's here I'm kinda into it.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Options
    No

Unlock cosmetics was a thing back then. You may not remember. But before all the monetization you could unlock, combine and even design your own cosmetics in games. I don't see how the comparison is flawed?

The rift offers cosmetics, lore and unique charms. Even if you can buy cosmetics in the store, I consider lore still a form of content. And the limited time availability if the charms will push some people into spending money, only to get them.

That's not something I like or wish to promote.

• Creepingcam1070
    Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 330
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Yes

Bruh, yes

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    Options
    Maybe

If I can make it to/near level 70, then yes. I want to be able to get my cells back.

• Allhel1
    Allhel1 Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Maybe

Most of the rewards don’t really peak my interest

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    Options
    Maybe

Not yet.

I probably will buy it when I reach enough rewards that make it worth it.

• Drybones
    Drybones Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Maybe

It depends on if I am satisfied with how many tiers I unlock

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Options
    No

Not a chance in hell will I support the devs for this blatant scheme.

• Bigbootiejudy666
    Bigbootiejudy666 Member Posts: 407
    Options
    Maybe

I would like it more if they added more rewards in the free track of rift

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Maybe

once I complete the rift, maybe.