We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

As killer, if someone DC's EARLY in the game what do you do?

Options
Carlosylu
Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Yesterday, XBOX, red ranks, solo, a guy DC'ed cause he "was downed first" (he literally sent a message to me saying so...) and the killer (red ranks Freddy) with no gens done, with Ebony memento mori, camped and tunneled the last 3 of us and Moried as soon as he could.

I politely asked if he didn't care for pips or BP and he answered "I just want survivors to have a bad time" (I'm gessing cause of his childhood traumas, lol) So... When you get an early DC in the game, 1 or 0 gens done what do you USUALLY do? I know it depends on toxicity of the team, etc., but most of the times, what do you do?

As killer, if someone DC's EARLY in the game what do you do? 121 votes

I don't care, I'm getting my kills, it's not my fault the survivor DC'ed
28%
Hail_to_the_KingStevoBigyo369KhroalthemadbomberTapeKnotInnCognitograyon444Financial_Stabilityanarchy753RaptorrotasKralleChewy102MedicSpirit7musstang62WhattheHeckMrPenguinDr_LoomisPibs420oTechnicLost_in_the_Fog 34 votes
I'm getting a 4k (1DC) but I'm not gonna play as hardcore as I usually do
14%
WeederickSpartagone45tonycuup7michaelkhjse05239peacedeathMilkymalkShirakawaBenZ0MysticAdvisorAhoyWolfCarlosyluTodgeweihtSebaOutbreakSoloQue101Nyaren_ChanHex_BoopTheSnoot 17 votes
I'm gonna farm with them
16%
PuggyMohawkindieeden7TheLegendDyl4n1YamaokaAven_FallenAxX7891TheRockstarKnightnot_QueefxEaEJmurdermainbomb1720Wolfgamer0402anonymous31337joker7997MrJack20252WSNLVallathefallenloserDeKillerKillerCloserhenry 20 votes
I'm gonna give them a chance (another free gen fixed, no camping, no tunneling, etc.)
27%
MandyWhite_OwlMister_xDDaddyTrappersGirlJetTheWaffleCatTheRealHansGruberdaddyo0h_DoctorarslaNbrokedownpalaceprygelknabeFog_KingHorror_GamingCJsDBDProfessorDunwichkonchokRocketlauncher22AngryFluffydfrenchieetoxicmegg 33 votes
I'm changing my gameplay, I need those Blood Points, that's all that matters
4%
Joker_777CreatorTHTheRoyalOwlNemmy_Wemmyfly_172TheGhostFaceMain 6 votes
None of the above (write yours in comments)
9%
BossFoggyDownpourPeasantJacoby2041OmegaXIIAwakeyThraxSeltas0208pichumudkipFriendlyGuySkeletonWitch 11 votes

Comments

• Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 217
    Options

Depends on whether it was a lost connection/bug early in the game, or whether that player DC'd after I downed him. If I downed him, he could just as well just suicided on the hook and I earned my kill by catching him, he already bought his team some time. But I won't play hardcore. If it is someone I didn't encounter yet and I have the impression I am dominating them, I hook them and leave, giving them an easy unhook, and avoid deathhooking them, instead leaving them on the floor one or two times. Essentially, I am a mouse playing with my food, which is the way this game should be able to be played anyway in my opinion. I get an easy game and we all get some points.

• Financial_Stability
    Financial_Stability Member Posts: 466
    Options

Honestly with how prevalent dc's are for me in the early game, I'm not going to waste my time and the survivor's time giving a bit of leeway. The sooner we're out of that match the better. On occasion I'll do a small bit of farming, but asking me to do it every time that happens is too much.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

WHO DO YOU PLAY AS AND WHAT RANK ARE YOU GOOD SIR? I just wanna know

• daddyo
    daddyo Member Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm gonna give them a chance (another free gen fixed, no camping, no tunneling, etc.)

I give them a chance. I won't play "optimal" and sometimes I end up farming with them too. It depends though; if they brought a lot of unfun items, made a last second switch in the lobby, or act toxic in game then I'll kill them with no regrets lol

• Financial_Stability
    Financial_Stability Member Posts: 466
    Options

I play a variety mostly, but I've played Nurse since her release and probably more of her than most others. I do like Hag, Freddy, and Plague from time to time. Been hovering around R1 for almost 3 years.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options
    I'm gonna farm with them

I win most of my matches anyways so I don't mind farming once in a while if someone disconnects right away. Last game TWO survivors disconnected during the first minute so I kind of felt like I just had to farm with the remaining survivors. Both of them were pretty grateful and cooperative so I enjoyed fooling around and farming with them.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

Depends on my mood completely.

When i got some good games and not much toxicity before, i usually farm or let em out of my grasp for a bit.

When i got some bad word games before, i just keep playing normally.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

If they don't seem to be toxic, I ease up. Much more likely to give the last survivor the hatch.

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 612
    Options

If you reward DCs by farming with the others, you only enforce the problem and it wil get worse.

It sucks that someone chickened out, rage quit, or legit had to go. But by farming with the other Survivors you are rewarding a bad act. You are supporting the DC meta and making it worse by enforcing the idea of "meh, so what if I leave. The Killer will just farm with the other guys. No harm done" or worse.

By rewarding a DC you will only make it a bigger problem. You don't reward a kid for acting out. You don't reward a pet for pissing/crapping on the floor. You don't reward bad behaviors, you punish them. And sometimes that means punishing the entire team for the actions of one person. Drive people away from DCing from letting them know how much that will hurt everyone else. This works because they suffered from someone DCing, so they will be less likely to DC to keep others from suffering bad games.

Wont work all the time. But should be better than just rewarding DCing and letting people assume DCing isn't hurting anyone because the Killer will just farm with them anyway.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

I play normal when 1 DCs. I farm at 2 DCs.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options
    I'm gonna farm with them

Been on the receiving side all too often when sone loser dcs, so I know it sucks, especially when the killer keeps going all try hard playing like he's Michael Jordan on his A game trying his best at the special Olympics because the other team is handicapped. It's not fun. Makes the killer look like a loser. So I farm. And we get back at the dcer together.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options
    I'm gonna farm with them

The dcer is gone. You're punishing innocent survivors for the sins of a douche. They got more screwed over than you did and you're gonna go try hard on them?

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options

I USED to give a damn about it. Now with every survivor, their aunt and uncle, cousins, nieces and nephews all regularly DCing, I'm not going to take a hit on my game anymore. Yeah it sucks and I'm truly sorry, but until there's a more active temp banning process for this, I'm just going to wipe everyone out and move on to my next match.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

I play normally (no intentional camping or tunneling) and last man standing i will try to down and bring to totems to destroy or boxes to open. Then when he gets his points and i get my brutality points for downing them, i bring them to hatch. Unless of course they were being jerks throughout the game. Then they die.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

It depends on how many dc and the gens left. If two or three dc and there's 5 gens left I will farm

If there's one gen left and one person dcs and one person is dead then ill just keep playing as normal

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 612
    Options

Playing normally is being a try-hard? Im just playing the game like most others are, if someone is punishing "innocent" people it's the DCers. DCers are screwing over the Killer by preventing pips/points/achievements, DCers are screwing over Survivors by putting them in 3v1s, DCers are screwing over everyone and ruining the gameplay of 4 other people.

This is exact thing I was talking about. You expect the Killer to farm and call them "try hard" for just playing the damned game. You blame the Killer for someone else being a douche and DCing. That line of thinking is telling everyone it is OK to DC because it isn't their fault if they DC, they aren't screwing over anyone else. No, the Killer is to blame by not rewarding others for your DC. So DC if you want for any reason you want. It isn't your fault if you DC, it's the Killers fault for not farming after you DC!

Yeah, ######### that. Im going to end that game to move on to the next. Farming is a waste of time anyway. It's much more fun to, you know, play the game.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options
    I'm gonna farm with them

If two survivors DC early, I'm farming with them.

But if it's just one I will be more lenient.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 791
    Options
    I'm gonna farm with them

3v1 isn't a real game so I won't treat it like one.

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited October 2019
    Options

I end it as quickly as I can, while hooking and having people save/heal each other as much as they can.

I mean I walk out of 3 player games super quick where everyone gets 20k+ bp most of the time. But if you think I'm going to waste my time drawing a boring game out, and farming, then I have better things to do. Sometimes if it's a really bad map or I'm not in the mood, I'll just leave

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options

I tend to try to let them live (unless I lose count of hooks)

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

I used to feel bad, but there are so many people doing this #########. BHVR has to do something about it, yeah yeah dc threshold whatever I don't care.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

Usually I'll farm with 2 DCs and just go easy on them with 1. If there's a DC, I'll let last get hatch most of the time.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
    Options

Keep in mind, at my current skill level 3 survivors still have a pretty good chance at escaping me. Lol

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

If anyone DCs I just let one go. Unless 3 people DC in which case I try to kill whoever is left.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Basically this. I'm not going to play differently because someone got angry. I get it sometimes, especially if its spirit or something. Even though I don't DC myself, if someone's not going to have fun then I understand if they just want to join another game and not waste their time. Just sucks their teammates suffer for it.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

You need a "Multiple of the above" option.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,301
    Options

I don't camp or tunnel and I would give them a few minutes to reset basically, especially if someone DC'd and that caused another player to be caught out of position. Then I play as normal.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

I play first of all normal like nothing happened, if I scout a really good looping survivor that doesnt give up, I´ll give him the hatch and kill the others, since it is my job as killer to kill survivors. I give the survivor that is the best out of them a chance since I want to reward good looping and mindgame skills, not genrush and immersed gameplay.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options

If it's just one DC then I'll keep going, after all the other survivors could have the same mind-set as the person who DCed first.

I may consider giving the hatch to the last one depending on the situation, but all in all I'll just keep playing as usual (no tunneling, no camping, and of course no disconnecting). As said above, 3 good survivors can still carry a good game, because I'm not either great or bad at Killer; just a very middle-grounded one.

Now, if it's TWO early DCs, I'll prolly farm with the remaining ones if they want to. The match is already ruined anyway and it's a "sort of" win-win situation.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

There's too many DCs to care. If someone's gone, not my problem, I'm here to play the game not stuff around every time someone's internet bombs.

• MissGamer456
    MissGamer456 Member Posts: 154
    Options

If someone DC I literally do not care. When I play As Killer regardless if someone DC or not I try to give survivors a chance if 3-4 people on Death hook at 5-3 gens. It is boring literally have no points and I don’t even run Ruin so I’ll kill of 2 of the survivors I like the least and let the other two do all the rest of the gens and maximize on points with them. Getting a 4K all the time is boring I only really 4k when I feel like I deserve that 4K.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

I am gonna play slightly more lenient, that's it.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

No mercy...ever.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options

This fits my situation the closest but it’s situation-dependent. I’ll back off slightly but still be playing fairly normally, and see how the remaining survivors react. If they’re clearly struggling I’ll back off more, and pick the survivor who I like the style of best and try to shape the game to give them the hatch. That being said, if as I’m backing off the survivors left are BMing or assuming I’m going to farm...back to No Mercy we go.

• EJmurdermain
    EJmurdermain Member Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm gonna farm with them

I try to farm but turns out most survivor teams are either too scared or too proud to farm. I only farm because DCs are not punished correctly yet.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,169
    Options

I'm gonna dc too, no point in continuing the game

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,169
    Options

I'm gonna dc too, no point in continuing the game

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

It really depends on some factors: Am I doing a daily to sacrifice survivors? Are the remaining survivors toxic or just wanting to play the game not being toxic? These are my main factors. If I'm doing a daily and if it's a killer I don't even like, sorry, but I want to get it done with. If the survivors are toxic, I won't go easy on them. If they are not, I might let them done some things and even let them all survive. It depends a lot on what they do.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,210
    Options

Heres a question for people appealing to the kindness in killers.

Have you every received that kindness from random survivors when you're losing as killer?

Survivors sadly proved themselves unworthy of mercy.

• Stompa
    Stompa Member Posts: 154
    Options

i just keep playing since the dc wimp cucked me out of emblem points etc

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options

Of course this is highly dependant in many factors, but overall I make them earn it. If they work hard and play well, I let them go. If they just walk around and hide in closets then I show them no mercy. Often I'll relent if they ask for kindness as well (usually by waving me over or trying to get the drowned person up in front of me if they have no hope left etc.) There's occasional farming in there as well, it just depends on the crew and situation

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 719
    Options

I just work through it. If the survivors are NOT ultra-toxic. I let the last person ALWAYS hatch. If I can sense a defeat I might just let them do generators and mind my own business.

Its sportsmanship.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    edited November 2019
    Options

I like to toy around with them. Get some BP. If they don't try to be toxic by the end there is a good chance 2 of them can go free but if they make it so I don't have to try I might get a couple kills instead of 1. If they unhook themselves i'll let em go but its the entities guess if they walk or crawl.

I had a 3 game series a while back where 1st game 3 quitters and a killer only eager for my blood, 2nd game was the same including the killer and its player. 3rd game was better though only 2 quit. I didn't play for a couple days I took it as a sign.