Vigo is the hooded figure.

Options
Huntedfailure
Huntedfailure Member Posts: 181

I don't get why so many people seem to not get this.

"I have been obsessively deciphering Vigo's Journal."

the person writing these journal entries isn't Vigo as why would they decipher their own work and seem surprised by it?

The hooded figure is Vigo: The hooded figure he seems to know his way around scientific equipment (considering what little info we have that very in character with Vigo) and considering the events contained within the journal the character there dose not have said skills again making them not Vigo.

What if the hooded figure is Benedict Baker?: Baker appeared to be journalist who actively seeked to enter The Entitys Realm and i don't know about you but i don't think a journalistic career involves knowing your way around beakers and having clearly advanced skill in chemistry and engineering.

Comments

• myers_obsession
    myers_obsession Member Posts: 551
    Options

Didn't they say in the archive reveal, that he is not benedict and not vigo. He is a new character called the observer.

• BSNightflow
    BSNightflow Member Posts: 81
    edited October 2019
    Options

SPOILER ALERT

Sorry but you were both wrong lol.

I unlocked two of The Alchemist's Memories in the Archives (The Hunger). The hooded figure is the Alchemist & The Hallowed Blight Protagonist who found Vigo's Journal. That guy's lost all hope and in the Void now...

Still, he could be wearing Vigo's old clothes.

• Huntedfailure
    Options

This guy is the observer

Im talking about this guy

Separate people

• Huntedfailure
    Options

i saw both. The archivist is separate and there is no evidence that he is vigo besides being mysterious. the protagonist in the journal and the guy in the cinematic are separate and im saying the guy in the cinematic is Vigo.

• myers_obsession
    myers_obsession Member Posts: 551
    Options

Oh, I misunderstood this. Sry. Yes I think that the guy you mean is Vigo ^^

• BSNightflow
    Options

ah aww... I forgot to mention that I sneak peeked at the films thats in the game files once the update came out. Unlocking all 5 entries of "the Hunger" will grant access to a piece of animation about what happened to the Hooded Figure after he left the lab. So... Well... I'm like 89% sure. Just wait and see.

• Huntedfailure
    Options

im aware of that and have seen it but still doesn't confirm everything on your side.

• BSNightflow
    Options

If you say so.

I used to believe the Figure was Vigo too, actually, since he didn't seem to be showing any signs of agony or mental disorder, which was troubling the Hallowed Blight protagonist (the Alchemist). Maybe last year devs felt unsure about where the Lore should go or this would even be a thing, so they were not very precise.

• BSNightflow
    Options

I used to believe the Hood was Vigo too. Because he wasn't showing much agony or sign of mental breakdown etc. However consider this:

a) "The Alchemist" is used in official content to solely describe the Hallowed Blight protagnist, right? (while for Vigo they rather used "inventor and researcher")

b) Each of the unlockable films uses the main character's name as the file name.

c) The film featuring the hooded figure is named "ALCH".

I might be wrong still. Only BHVR knows. Also don't feel like arguing over this as I haven't unlocked all the journal entries...

Have a nice Halloween.

• gaydavidking
    gaydavidking Member Posts: 158
    Options

Makes sense, especially since Claudette and Jake's cosmetics seem to be based on the Alchemist's outfit and the cosmetics themselves are named after Vigo!

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

No one knows where Vigo is. No one knows if he left, if he stayed, if he's in the void, if he is actually a she, if she is a he, but we do know, is that Vigo created the Hatch, made a shroud which bends the rules a bit, has a jar of salty salty lips, and possibly a toolbox.

Vigo was confirmed to be a enigma for the Lore, missing completely from the game as we are playing it. The hooded figure is Not Vigo, as the Alchemist (the Hooded Figure) is in the Void, where Vigo is confirmed to not be in.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

I believe, it was confirmed that Vigo is a man, tho. Not like, officially, but someone among devs refered to Vigo as "he" on one of devstreams.

• ekto
    ekto Member Posts: 103
    Options

It might be possible that the Alchemist is Benedict, but it seems kinda unlikely. We know that before Benedict disappeared, he set off to find the MacMillan Estate after hearing about the events that unfolded there. As for the Alchemist, he only remembered that he was hanging out in an opium den, most likely smoking some, before he was swallowed up by the Entity. As far as I know, opium dens were in use in the time and area Benedict was in, but it doesn't seem very likely that he'd find himself in one before his disappearance. Although, Benedict has not been mentioned in quite some time, and his lores have mysteriously cut off. It seems the Alchemist's first instinct is to create his own logs, which would fall perfectly in line with Benedict, who had the same train of thought.

• ekto
    ekto Member Posts: 103
    edited November 2019
    Options

Where was it written that Vigo is not in the Void? I can remember the developers saying something along the lines of that, but I can also remember them just saying that he's "no longer participating in the Trials."

It's also not actually confirmed that Vigo created the hatch--at least not yet.