Attempting to Escape Question

Options
Salty_Pearl
Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

Does the chances of unhooking yourself increase by 4% every time you try to escape or does it just stay 4%. I was using slippery meat and I unhooked myself so I wanted to know if that helped.

Comments

• benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178
    edited July 2018
    Options

Each attempt at self unhooking is 4%. It's not additive.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

Does the chances of unhooking yourself increase by 4% every time you try to escape or does it just stay 4%. I was using slippery meat and I unhooked myself so I wanted to know if that helped.

I think it stays 4% and just grants an extra attempt. I think it only increased chances of getting out of Bear traps..
  • Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

@PinkEricka said:
    Salty_Pearl said:

I think it stays 4% and just grants an extra attempt. I think it only increased chances of getting out of Bear traps..

Oh I know that, I was just talking about unhooking in general. (Meaning if it did increase by 4% each time, your last attempt would be 24%.)

• Damaho
    Damaho Member Posts: 44
    Options

@PinkEricka said:
    Salty_Pearl said:

I always thought that the bear trap escape chances were always like this:
    Survivor when I am killer: Untrap during the running animation without any velocity loss.
    When I am survivor: Untrap only due to the killers influence.

But seriously, according to the wiki slippery meat increses untrap odds by 15/20/25% and gives you 1/2/3 extra attempts (all depending on the level of the perk). So, unless you use any luck offerings/perks the chance for unhooking yourself is always 4% for each attempt.