What about hook placement?

Options
Zixology
Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

I see and hear people complaining about totem placement all the time (which I can definitely get behind, no problem there), but what about hook placement?
We have hooks set up 10 meters away from each other and next to the basement. Also, in b4 all the "you're not supposed to be given a free wiggle" comments. Yeah, I know. But the hook placement can also screw killers as well. I specifically dread playing killer on Haddonfield because there's ALWAYS one corner of the map that has zero hooks and makes it impossible to get a survivor to a hook without Iron Grasp and/or Agitation. Meanwhile, in another corner, there's 3 hooks all right next to each other. What gives?
Why even have perks like Saboteur and Hangman's Trick when you just have hooks all clumped in one place?

Comments

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Options
    Welcome to Dead By Daylight!
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@Zixology said:
    I see and hear people complaining about totem placement all the time (which I can definitely get behind, no problem there), but what about hook placement?
    We have hooks set up 10 meters away from each other and next to the basement. Also, in b4 all the "you're not supposed to be given a free wiggle" comments. Yeah, I know. But the hook placement can also screw killers as well. I specifically dread playing killer on Haddonfield because there's ALWAYS one corner of the map that has zero hooks and makes it impossible to get a survivor to a hook without Iron Grasp and/or Agitation. Meanwhile, in another corner, there's 3 hooks all right next to each other. What gives?
    Why even have perks like Saboteur and Hangman's Trick when you just have hooks all clumped in one place?

Yeah it feels like the hooks have been thrown mindlessly but totem placement is far more important. I don't think they are going to change anything for hooks right now.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,089
    edited July 2018
    Options

The patch notes said that they take the number of tiles and divide by three to determine the number of hooks in a map. Do the basement hooks count as 0, 1, or 4, in this regard?

If there are 30 tiles and therefore 10 hooks, are there 6 hooks + the basement, 9 hooks + the basement, or 10 hooks + the basement?

Post edited by Nos37 on