edited July 2018 in General Discussions

;)

Post edited by Razor_114 on

Comments

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@Razor_114 said:
    My suggestion for reworking the hatch is simple, easy, encourages altruistic play with survivors, and encourages aggressive play with killers. The hatch becomes something that you don't need to use a key for, but it never officially "opens." The hatch spawn conditions would change to it not being able to spawn until at least 1 person has either been sacrificed or killed and after the exit gates are powered the Entity would despawn the hatch at that point considering the survivors no longer have a need for it. The hatch itself will act completely differently. The hatch must be interacted with by a survivor to be opened, but they themselves cannot jump through it, and as soon as they let go of the hatch it recloses. A survivor must hold the hatch open for a different survivor to jump through. After 1 survivor jumps through, the Entity consumes the hatch, despawning it. If the survivor who opened it escapes after this, they get a bonus for escaping after holding the hatch open, if the killer kills the survivor who held the hatch open, they get a bonus. This is meant to be almost always a completely altruistic act to let at least one person escape when the situation seems dire without negatively impacting the killer.

No, it is not a good way to go. I don't think that you even understand why there is a hatch in the first place.

The hatch is not something that survivors can use as a different escape route. You can use it as a different escape route only if you have the key which is rare and difficult to obtain so we don't see that all the time. The reason behind the existence of hatch is to give the last survivor a hope to escape. Your suggestion kills this concept.

Also even if the survivors have to open the hatch, I don't understand why it solves the standoff problem. Killer can still wait at the top of the hatch and prevent them. If you do that, the last survivor remaining in the trial has no chance to get out. Then the devs might as well remove the hatch to prevent standoffs.

• Razor_114
    Razor_114 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    Options

:blush: lol

Post edited by Razor_114 on
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

Elitism discredits my opinion? Dude are you trolling or high right now? You haven't understood anything I have written.

By the way, even if I was being elitist, it wouldn't discredit my opinion or anything.

I am not going to debate anymore because instead of trying to understand the criticism, you try to attack the opposite side with name callings. You don't understand the reason why there is a hatch and when somebody tries to explain it to you, you get aggressive for no reason.

I hope somebody that is more patient than me comes and tries to explain why there is a hatch and what it is for.

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247
    edited July 2018
    Options

Honestly the proposed hatch changes were the best, closing the hatch finishes all remaining gens and powers BUT DOES NOT OPEN the exit gates.

This returns the game to a battle of wits between survivor and killer, one to hide and the other to not get caught.

The pig becomes stronger with one survivor left and the hatch closed if a RBT was placed on the last survivor prior to the hatch close since I am assuming the generators being finished via hatch close would also trigger the RBT.

It also means perks like remember me and wake up are useful.

I really have no idea why they're still "looking into" it, since that version of the stand off is the most fair. Whomever finds the hatch first gets to use it, seems fair right?

I have this sneaking suspicion that it's because the hatch was meant as a get out of jail free card and making it fair would "feel bad"

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370
    Options

Given a choice between getting out of the exit gates or risking my neck to lose 5k to gain 2k i would choose the exit gate. Every time.

You might as well take the hatch away at that point. Exit gates open and surv still have to do something to get out by means of hatch. And not both get out but only one. The other still has to get to the exit gate and make it out. Too much risk for me but then again i usck but i cant see people risking their neck like this with NOED running.

I cant see this working.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Just remove the hatch.