The 4 man mori Tome Challenge is actually stupid

How is anyone supposed to reasonably get this? When 9/10 survivors DC after a mori down it becomes incredibly frustrating.

Maybe if DC's counted as a kill it'd be easier, but this isn't a challenging tome, it's a cheesed one that relies on survivors not quitting the match over the BS it entails (not that I blame them).

Frustrating.

Comments

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

What is this challenge. I don't see it in the tome.

• hauntedmadness
    hauntedmadness Member Posts: 9

It's the last killer challenge, you have to kill all 4 survivors by any means. Normal 4k's don't count so it has to be actual mori's.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    edited October 2019

I think it says “kill all 4 in 1 match by any means,” right? I would assume that allows for sacrifice as well as mori to count. So you can mix and match. It’s the word “kill” that would likely throw people off. I think they only use that word so that you aren’t limited to “sacrifice”.

• hauntedmadness

Unless it didn't register properly, I 4k'd to check and it did not complete the Tome, normally it says "Sacrifice" if they can die by hook, otherwise if it's kill then it has to be done via mori's

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Hmmmm. I admit I have t gotten to try it yet. I agree “kill” usually means mori, but then they say “by any means” and that’s just weird.

Maybe try doing it with Devour Hope?

Hopefully some one who’s completed this one already can shed light on it for us.

Response to your original concern, yes, you’re right. It took me an inordinate amount of time to earn my 4-mori achievement just because of disconnects.

Here’s a thought! They should make DC count as a kill! 🙌

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

I don't know what to say. Several members here have confirmed it doesn't need to be a Mori to count and have gotten the task by just normal sacrificing of the four survivors.

Bleed Out/Sacrifice/Mori are all "Killed."

Mori rituals are different because they are "Killed with your own hand."

Your assumption is wrong; maybe check if the survivor DC'd when you tried it, DC'ing might not count as "killed" in this case.

• hauntedmadness

It was certainly a 4k, I think it might've just not gone through properly? Couldn't tell ya, but glad to know it isn't a full 4k mori because I only tried one normal 4K before I went to using mori's to try it.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Have you seen the one where you have to repair 4 generators by yourself in a match? I don't think the mori one isn't as bad as that one

• hauntedmadness

@arslaN It's not on there for me? Weird.

Did just complete the challenge though, apparently DC's do count as a kill which is interesting. Other matches had people DC'ing and always an escape via hatch so this is the first where everyone was dead . Glad to hear BHVR isn't cruel towards the challenges.

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323

Yes, I got it when someone crashed during the match loading

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
  • OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

Does slugging to death count as kill?