Killer is too easy - Ruin change was necessary.

Yamaoka
Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Just a friendly reminder that most red rank matches are by far too easy as killer and the Ruin change is for the better.

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Yamaoka You are on Xbox correct?

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

@Mert_MK

Imagine you see here a killer main with 3k hours that dont use ruin but still thinks the Ruin change is awfull and dumb.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

@Marcus

I think he wants to show us how strong leatherface is, maybe he has some potential and is top tier killer???

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
  • Yamaoka

Again: The clip contains multiple red rank matches in a row and my channel is flooded with matches just like these. Kept posting 1-2 minute 4ks over the course of 2019. Only VERY FEW matches are actually difficult and due to the new rank reset it's even easier to dominate at red ranks.

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320

I appreciate this greatly. I remember starting as killer in mid 2017, and all the bs that was available back then. I can’t even imagine some of the stuff that was there before that.

I feel a lot of people try and push some narrative, like gen rushing or camping, but really doesn’t happen often. Most people are just playing for fun and are pretty chill. Bad games happen, but they’re the minority, at least in my experience.

• Yamaoka

I believe the guy that DC'd was on death hook as they dc'd after getting downed towards mid game. As for Ruin helping mostly against survivors that would have lost anyways: I TOTALLY AGREE. In fact that's what I said numerous times myself. You just notice it too often that people who run around like headless chickens because of Ruin are the same people that go down in seconds.

• Khar

So, because you chain-instadown people with infectious fright, red ranks are too easy for killers and ruin is better off nerfed? I can't really buy that this goes for all red rank killers' experience.

• Yamaoka

Same haha I remember when I started off as Huntress back in 2017 without Ruin. Some matches just felt hopeless with multiple sprint bursts or dead hards in one chase, all the safe pallets and windows, the old brand new part etc.

DBD certainly has come a looong way and is actually quite enjoyable at this moment compared to how things were.

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621
    edited January 2020

I personally like new ruin, as I'm someone that stopped using current ruin in their killer builds, and new ruin fits my playstyle better.

However, in my opinion killer is harder than survivor and it's the reason why there are more good survivors then they are of good killers in the player base.

EDIT: I am a survivor main.

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

What’s your GT? Just curious. You don’t need to answer if you’re not comfortable doing do.

• PokemonGOPlayer
    PokemonGOPlayer Member Posts: 179

I don't think a one or two game sample is enough to draw any conclusion, this post seems pointless to me.

You are only proving that on XBox you're facing red ranks (people who play a lot, not necessarily good) that DC, are left slugging and die on the ground or just run in front of your chainsaw.

I agree with the fact that Ruin nerf was a good step for the general health of the game but playing Killer on PC has always been the more stressful side of the game for me, so color me not convinced by your video.

• The average kill rate of 75% is just an outlier.

That's how numbers work.

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190

It's about time somebody says it lol. People don't 4k one or two games out of like 20 and then freak out saying gen times are a problem, survivors are "overpowered" and SWF needs to be removed. Unlucky that some people just can't take a loss at times. But hey, at least this next ruin change is a step in the right direction.

Although, I really want to see a PTB of an older update from 2016 or 2017 and then let killers see how hard they had it back then compared to now (which now its actually braindead). Guess people forget ruin hasn't existed since the beginning and people still 4k'd back then when survivors were at their strongest. :)

• yadielrodriguez
    yadielrodriguez Member Posts: 515
  • Khar

I mean, I played since launch. Games back then were different, as everyone was still figuring out how things worked. The game came a long way since then, sure, but that doesn't discredit the concerns killers have today (even if some people really, really want to silence killer's complaints).

• aazimuth

But here's the thing. Survivors as a whole have been stripped of nearly everything they have. As a survivor, you will escape very few times nowadays even if you do play with friends. Solo survivor is a whole new story. Love when maps generate so few pallets to the point where the blendette gets chased and when shes dead theres 4 gens left and nothing left on the map. I don't really think there's much more to complain about on the killer end of this game. Most the problematic things in this game don't happen every game and I'd say really the only issue is some windows on certain maps. Otherwise, killer is braindead and personally at this point it's never gonna change.

• TruEternity

I don’t know if it’s really silence complaints, just more the tiresome nature of most criticism. There are certainly problems, on both sides and just QoL changes to be made, but a lot of the criticism on the forums is really just complaining. The ruin change examplifies that, same as balanced landing last patch. People just don’t like losing really strong perks in most cases, even if it benefits the game long term.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

So by your logic Ruin change was not necessary because people who lost because of it would've lost anyway. By your logic, Ruin should've been buffed, so it has more impact against good survivors.

• Khar

Survivors as a whole have been stripped of nearly everything they have? Do you mean Infinites and pallet vacuum? I'm not seeing what you're seeing. When I play survivor (and I play solo survivor), escaping isn't as hard as you make it sound. It's only hard when the rest of the team is being potatoy and even then, I can manage a hatch escape or pip at the least.

I feel like it's silencing, mostly from how mean spirited some are in their dissent. They just make it seem like any complaints from the killer's perspective should be ignored. I'm on the fence about the ruin changes, personally, but I know valid concerns were raised by killer mains.

I really do love this game and hope it can get better. And I think apart of that is trying to find common ground rather than drawing lines in the sand. We're all playing the same game together and just want to go back to having fun.

• aazimuth

Because pipping as survivor isn't hard, nor does it mean anything. What means something is how the game plays out nowadays. Killer is braindead easy and thats that on that.

• Wubsyy__
    Wubsyy__ Member Posts: 116

He's right. I personally think it takes too long to rank up as killer, given all of the DC's you can get if you bring one perk out of place. I legit run wraith with no ruin and people still find reasons to get mad about getting downed. Rank 10 is truly an ELO hell

• sneakymeghead
    sneakymeghead Member Posts: 32
    edited January 2020

What is the goal of this clip ?

Killer is obviously the easier side and everybody knows about it.

My dumb cat could play the Spirit

• RecklessApple
    RecklessApple Member Posts: 14

I play both survivor and killer. I say ruin should have stayed the same, gens go WAY too quick most of the matches I play as survivor and killer. This thread is a joke lmao

• TruEternity

I feel the aggressive responses go both ways. If anyone posts about legitimate issues with survivor, they’re told to “git gud”, and not in a joking way, and their concerns brushed away. I do think there’s a large contingent of forum goers who are either just trolls, or extremely biased mains of one side.

I personally get very tired of the victim mentality some people have, and it seems to be very killer sided most of the time. BHVR isn’t out to destroy their game, and to think that is just silly. No dev is trying to ruin (hah) your experience as killer, yet that’s what the forum would have you think after the ruin change was announced.

Ruin as a perk was problematic, so a change is fine. I’ve been running no ruin no add ons for all my killers this last month (mostly red ranks, with a few dips to purple) and found basically all perform just fine. Unless I get a really bad map(screw you red forest), I’ve found just having game knowledge far more valuable then any perk. A lot of people just want to blame the game for their failures, and while sometimes that happens with its rng based nature, there’s usually mistakes made by the player to blame more often than not.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

What's your point about console? From what i've seen it appears that most high tier killers are harder to play there are more swf ect ect on console. So....?

This discussion has been closed.