Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Will killers get a change for their fun?

CrowFoxy
CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

I'm kinda just curious. I know, insta heals. But those were BROKEN. Ruin isn't a broken thing, insta heals definitely were. Hopefully killers get some frustration changes soon too :).

Comments

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Insta heals are just as strong now if used right.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Killers are not allowed to have fun. That's why they're victims of the Entity.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Idk I still have fun without Ruin.

I think that they could change some maps to make up for the lack of early game pressure. I’ve already addressed this feedback in a post I made.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

It would seem not bhvr can’t design maps for anything and nerfs perks because new players...

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

I shouldn't admit this but sometimes killer is so extremely stressful when I'm trying to use it as an outlet to calm down I compulsively DO with whatever's handy

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

What I would want mostly for killer to remove frustration is some of the god loops reworked. Ironworks for example requires no skill, can be used an unlimited amount of times throughout the game yet eats up so much time on the killers side.

Rancid abbatoir has a similar window which is blocked off 50% of the time. Why only half the time? it's baffling and makes no sense.

Anyone even a team of rank 20's can use these all game and waste so much of the killers time, or just force the killer to end the chase. This is the biggest source of frustration for me as a killer. It's very archaic and unprofessional design. These kind of loops belong in 2016.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Lots of memes about bhvr.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

Killer players:

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849

I mean borrowed time, DS (arguable either way), Insta-heals, the ability to kick gens, End Game Collapse... Those are all changes that made me feel much better about playing killer.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

I would die laughing if a oni could fall on his sword

• bilaueta
    bilaueta Member Posts: 341

You mean that you stab yourself after a stressfull match?

I know this sounds cliche but its a game so there is no need to stress so badly about it. You could even play survivor or another game

If I misunderstood my bad

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

The game has received many changes to lessen the frustration for killers already. Removal of pallet vacuum, DS and Mettle of Man nerf, and the big decrease in pallet density are what immediately come to mind.

I do understand the frustration with the Ruin nerf, and I do think it came too early seeing as how there are still so many unbalanced maps, but I really feel like people are just exagerrating so much on these forums, it's insane. Like this one change suddenly nullifies all the buffs killers have received over the past.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

What sucks as a Killer is you can max out on destruction points long before the pallets are all gone.

So eventually you aren't even getting points for breaking them.

Kinda takes the reasoning out of the "Just Break The Pallet" meme

• The_Werewolf
    The_Werewolf Member Posts: 30

That's a fair solution atm, but if enough killer players take that advice... Who's playing killer then?

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

To BHVR, killers are just bots, and they're fine with that.

• bilaueta
    bilaueta Member Posts: 341

Yeah no one would

But I was refering for situations in which it gets extremely stressfull like with yours

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

I don't think they care about killers. I'm not suffering for ruin but I still can't stand this nerf. Why not address the entire problem instead of killing one playstyle?

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286
    edited January 2020

At this point I wouldn't mind they implement a solo mode for actual bots to play Killer. Is way simpler to program an AI to follow Survivors and if X distance to Survivor do a Lunge. Seems way easier then fixing the huge amount of balance issues.

• DeathBeam
    DeathBeam Member Posts: 259

Just slug as many survivors as you can or facecamp them for fun, you'll feel better afterwards.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Probably not any time soon.

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300

most of the changes for the past few months have been in favor for killer imo; this ruin change was out of nowhere though. no one was asking for it. they just want to make more $$$ and make it easier for rank 20s to do gens instead of just learning how to hit skill checks like the rest of us.

• Calabrum
    Calabrum Member Posts: 102

I'm just annoyed that the devs think 1 player/killer should do all the juggling of 4 survivors, gens, pallets, be able to down survivors in 15 secs or less after starting a chase, totems, hooks, hatch, and 2 gates. And you usually have to try and juggle all of them, but the gates and hatch until endgame.

Meanwhile, a survivor just has to hold M1, look for nearest pallet, and be decent at looping. They don't even have to be good at looping. They just need to run forward and waste the killers time. Then hold M1 some more... Rinse. Repeat. Escape! Lol. Survivors gonna be even more bored now that there's no skill checks and killer only has the time to get 1 good chase before all the gens pop.