where are the killers

Nick
Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Comments

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

taking a break most probably, dont forget rank reset happened recently and alot of killer tend to finish at rank 5 to go back a bunch of ranks. personally i only play when the rift is active and i have something to aim towards. but alot of killers dont wanna put up with the weird balances that seem to happen while having to put up with a huge amount of rude and toxic players, you will also find alot of killers play survivor too which is more fun and stress free.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

I think it's kind of obvious :F

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Spider-man was so good. Never played Civ 6 but recommend RE2 and Days Gone.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Here.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

I've been playing Last Year because I'm getting burned out on dbd. And I'm probably not gonna play for awhile. As for the rest of my brothers and sisters, hell if I know

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Iceborne dude so much better

• SL33PY
    SL33PY Member Posts: 71

I haven’t seen anyone mention this fully but if 80 percent of the killers used ruin in red ranks a lot of them might not be able to get back to it because they “aren’t good”. Seriously though the change to ruin is going to make survivors rank up easier and make it a lot harder for killers to rank up. I don’t think that’s even debatable so expect survivor ques to get a lot worse or more games like this

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

I only play about once a week to do dailies because how bad of a place the game is at.

• Lanterns
    Lanterns Member Posts: 83

I'm a Survivor now

• leno
    leno Member Posts: 53

I just unistalled, so that's - 1.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

If I bother to play (if), I play more killer than survivor (at least right now, because faster queue times; I used to be more 50/50) and am sitting at rank 19 right now because I screw around rather than playing "for real." If I don't sacrifice anyone I can usually get a lot of BP without pipping, which is how I like it. Or I meme around, which is no pipping but also no BP.

I can't be the only killer who's like "screw this, I'm gonna chill," so I'm sure that's not helping survivors who want actual challenging matches, either. Noob killer or lazy killer, the resulting match is the same.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

As long as all red-ranked killers (and some survivors) are able to AFK demote without any consequence, matchmaking will be messed up.

• SL33PY
    SL33PY Member Posts: 71

its About to be a lot worse before it gets better but the change to ruin was necessary. I love playing survivor and killer and do so pretty equally. I’ve been red ranks on both but I prefer killer just because the wait times are horrible when queuing as a survivor and I expect them to get worse

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849

Than than likely that killer was waiting a very long time and his queue just kept allowing higher rank players until it filled up.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

You are not the only one. I play for the fun. I know I can rank up if I want to, but I rather have fun and goof off. I find ways to make the game fun for myself as a killer without ruining it for survivors. I run a lot of jump scare builds on the killers I main. Now I wont say I play it chill, I still make it a challenge for survivors. But I do not worry about getting a sacrifice.

There are exceptions to that rule. If I see a survivor going out their way to sandbag another survivor (accidental sandbags happen all the time), or trying to ruin my fun (constant blinding attempts that are not part of a rescue) I will play to win just against that person. Everyone else gets to enjoy.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Oh, fellow MHW player~

Been having too much fun with Iceborne as well.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

You blackboxed wrong bit mate.

Move those boxes a bit to the left to cover the rank and BOOOM!!! matchmaking fixed.

ETA: Next patch

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461

This killer's on break until the devs figure their ######### out.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164
    edited January 2020

If I'm playing for BP (rather than memeing), I'll make it challenging for them (and myself) as I try to slow down gens and max out (in Brutality, Deviousness, and Hunter) without sacrificing anyone, which can be quite difficult if the survivors aren't complete potatoes.

Every once in a while a survivor or group will rub me the wrong way, in which case I may sacrifice them. I had a Dwight once who made noise notifications until I came over, and then he broke a hook in my face. So, since he hated hooks so much, I slugged him to death.

I enjoy playing Spirit because of the surprise factor. Switching targets mid-chase is a great way to mess with survivors. I'm also trying to practice walking backwards when I go to a generator... it makes me so happy when that works.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

Poor guy should've DC'd. I'm sure the survivors were nice and bullied the living ######### out of him and then taunted him in the End Game Chat. Ain't survivors great?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i am here o/

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404

Most of us are playing Monster Hunter.

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404
    edited January 2020

Incoming opinionated wall of text. Was the change to Ruin necessary? Yes. Was the timing for this change right? No. The devs can couch it in whatever excuses they want, this change was not about game health. It was about lessening survivor frustration at the cost of killer enjoyment. Plain and simple.

Because killers didn't run ruin to (no pun intended) ruin the game for new survivors. Killers ran ruin because some maps can take a full minute to traverse at the start. For a non-mobile killer, that is (nearly) an entire generator lost due to no fault of your own. And if the survivors brought toolboxes? You may as well cry in a corner somewhere.

Ruin was a bandage fix to DBD's most disgusting problem: terrible map design. Because "jUsT pReSsUrE gEnS" does not work with half the damn killer roster if you get an unlucky map. The funniest thing about the change to ruin is that it is reinforcing the mobility meta. Ruin won't help the killers it used to, but will further strengthen killers that are already strong. Killers like Nurse and Billy, who never even needed ruin to begin with. If the devs knew how to treat the root of the problem instead of just treating the bloody symptoms, the maps would be in a better state than they are now. And this ruin change wouldn't have caused such a shitstorm.

With so many awesome games mere months away, and a lot of killers migrating to Iceborne already, expect the Wounded by Daylight queues to get far worse.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Ruin was changed to lessen the frustration for new players. What do the devs think this rank 20 is going to do? Happily continue playing the game?

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

They're noticing the devs hate them and feeling discouraged, especially the newer players. Surprised they even stayed in that game

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

This kind of Match Making has been happening for years now, it's nothing out-of-ordinary.

10 minute queue times have been happening for months now, it's nothing out-of-ordinary, it's WILD that queue times broke after they changed the way they queued SWF, must just be a coincidence.

• Ashlich
    Ashlich Member Posts: 119

Honestly? I still play, but I sandbag the hell out of every match. It's no fun being gen rushed or fighting fifty second chance perks. So meh?

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445

On Strike!

• Ashlich
    Ashlich Member Posts: 119

Honestly, you're preaching to the quire mate. A lot of us just gave up entirely. Me? I ready up and then just do bugger all. Chase a person half heartedly, smack them then run off somewhere else. The games fun for a killer is gone knowing the next patch will be nothing but straight loses and de-pips so might as well De-rank ourselves back to the "Balanced for Rank 15-20s" area the devs seem to love.

• EZ5k
    EZ5k Member Posts: 233

Playing other games where the developers don't lie to their faces about how their input matters most likely

• Infinity_Bored
    edited January 2020
  • Infinity_Bored

No Ruin?

You are supposed to loose this game in 2:50 Minutes!

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

Oh ######### that, I'm a survivor now. No one telling me how to play, no one telling me i should go f myself, no more insults, nothing but chill and fun!