Can we introduce medium vault to pallet vault?

OmegaXII
OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

Well.. i don't know what to type here, but i think it's a good idea. What do you guys think?

Edit: i changed the title to mean what i meant

Post edited by OmegaXII on

Comments

• ImKateDenson
    ImKateDenson Member Posts: 33

👎🏻 no

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

While I agree with the sentiment for consistency's sake, I find pallets are already substantially worse than windows for hits landing when you're already on the other side. Adding a slower animation could only make that worse.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

Yes that's what i mean. Lol i forgot the slow vault exists lol

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

Heh, if you want an angle and momentum check before vaulting a pallet, like for windows, then more then half of the pallets loop would become much less safe, which I wouldn't be upset of, but I don't think it's that fair.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

That would make enduring+spirit fury even more meta and most pallets would become useless even without bloodlust.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited January 2020

I'm not sure it's really necessary. The reason medium vaults were introduced on windows was to make looping them harder, or even impossible. The killer themselves can make it harder for survivors to loop them around a pallet by just... breaking the pallet. No need to slow down the animation when you can prevent them from doing it altogether.

• YaBoiFreddy
    YaBoiFreddy Member Posts: 31

Imo they should let killers vault faster. Looping the infinite is so broken in certain areas.

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914
    edited January 2020

Yes, that would be a great idea!

It would also make things more consistent (the devs strive to do so lately anyway) and also balance loops where a survivor cannot just vault after vault after vault very quickly but like with windows, has to run up to the pallet to fast vault. Remember: pallets do not even entity-block like windows!

Would increase the skill cap of certain loops, and reward more experienced survivors :D Would love to work out how to adjust looping based on these changes, it would be something new, finally

Thanks for this great idea! Hope the devs notice it. @Peanits

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Pallets are not blocked by entity but as @Fibijean said, you can destroy them. You cannot destroy windows. And on top: it would mess up with all the placed and reworked pallet loops of all maps. There may be several that are regarded garbage anyway that need to be adressed, but the ones working right now would also be changed by that. The current aim to have more and less safe pallet loops would need to be reworked on all maps that have already been reworked

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Pallets are already inconsistent. With Spirit Fury most pallets would become utterly useless.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited January 2020

As others said, the fact pallets can be broken make this unnecessary. It would just be an incentive to bloodlust every loop.