Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Face camping penalty please

Comments

• DontComeNeaMe
    DontComeNeaMe Member Posts: 72

Facecamping is either trolling, stupidity or a last resort. It's only effective if people push the save and hook dive.

It can be annoying but it's an easy win in most cases, doesn't really need punishing anymore.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Face camping can't be punished anymore than it already is. It requires no skill and you will only be punishing yourself in the long run because you won't get any better as a killer without challenging yourself.

However it is not breaking the rules of the game. But it is ego driven or done for salt. If you need to resort to this tactic you are probably struggling to find and catch survivors. And perhaps can't accept defeat. But you will only pip so much with this style of play and will never be an optimal killer.

• Clevite

Yeah I can't stand tunneling and camping killers. They always go for the weakest link, like they're already trying to learn the game and your just going tunnel them out of the game in 5 minutes because you can't catch anyone else.

And I have been a killer for seven devotions on PS4 so I understand the challenge. Killer is extremely difficult, especially at high ranks. But playing as fair as possible has yielded most of my survivor friends from mutual respect on post game chats.

• EverflowingRiver
    EverflowingRiver Member Posts: 562

If you don't want to bring borrowed time that's on you.

And for the record, I am also a very wealthy engineer who codes mind breaking programs everyday for an exuberant rate 🙄

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

NOED is half of the problem. Campers always have NOED, so they know that if the other survivors do the gens in that camping time then the killer can still cheese another kill or two at the end game. The remaining survivors won’t have time to do gens and totems.

It’s also ridiculous that survivors lose points for bot unhooking a survivor. This penalty shouldn’t be applied if the killer has circled within 8-16m of the hook for the entire duration.

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

There is already a very OP counter to face camping. It is just up to the survivors to use it.

• namjuunn
    namjuunn Member Posts: 43

I find it difficult to play as a killer so I dont really bother but sometimes I just cant get it why dudes be camping and tunneling around one survivor :/

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

The penalty is genrush.

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

That's unfortunate and it's an awful feeling seeing it but that's exactly why I carry Kindred. Too many face camping experiences made me do it

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Should survivors not be able to stand in certain areas too? Perhaps a penalty for camping the exit gate wating for the last gen to be finished? But..this is probably just trolling.

Camping is not even a good strategy for a killer, so survivors should be happy that camping exists and promote it not complain about it.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

You all probably paid the price for others gen rushing previous games and the killer took it out on your group to secure kills. Expect to more of that post Ruin

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745
    edited January 2020

where is the penalty for 2 gens popping when I get my first down when I got no ruin after this update

Post edited by SteelDragon on
  • SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

you showed me I had an error in my comment thnk you lol but yeah I agree

• Cassandra_Alexandra
    Cassandra_Alexandra Member Posts: 254

Case in point: I had a match the other night that I found satisfying because I happen to be playing with one of my gen rush builds (Mither, Resilience, Prove Thyself, Kindred + Commodius/Extra Charge Add-Ons) when a LF downed and camped someone at the start of the match. I finished a gen after the person was downed and thanks to Kindred knew he was getting hard camped and found another survivor to finish 2+ more gens with while he was on the hook. Shortly after that player died, there was 1 gen left. Another ran him around for a short bit (didn't take me and the other much time at all to fix the last gen) & the 3 of us escaped. That killer got close to 7K.

• Psypho_Diaz
    Psypho_Diaz Member Posts: 185
    edited January 2020

Just face camped to prove my point. They got to last gen and I had already camped through 2 hooks. Some guy was running no mither so he was an easy down. Ended up with 4k despite them doing gens, maybe because I camped the second one in the middle of last three gens and they couldn't do it time.

I got 22k BPS while top survivor only got 14k. How else could they earn BPS if I'm not chasing or letting them unhook? I even pipped up.

So I think I'll do this and ruin the game for others, hmmm hopefully they don't quit playing. Would be difficult to play an online only game with no players to play against.

Ooo yea I'm facecamping with NOED and Rancor too. So EGC is guaranteeing me another hook.

• Psypho_Diaz
    edited January 2020

Some food for thought, is depipping and staying at low ranks really a punishment? I mean they stay with new survivors who don't know better where this strat works best and keep harvesting an easy 20k+ BPS? While continueing to ruin the game for new players?

If that is the punishment, than wow! Real effective

• Freshwick
    Freshwick Member Posts: 71

camping and tunneling is a viable strat.. when the game starts the survivors have all the momentum until one of them dies. Once that happens the tide begins to shift into the killers favour.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

The biggest problem here is the people who say to "just do gens".

What reason does the camped person have to not just kill themselves? None. They get absolutely nothing out of it.

9 times out of 10, they just kill themselves and I can't blame them, easily leading killers to 3k and 4k games.

• Psypho_Diaz

Exactly, and what every sweaty player who defends this strategy is missing from my OP is the fact that just doing gens and escaping only gives me 12-15k points anyway. There is no option for altruistic points and only 5 totems for bold points. The killer is essentially capping my points at 50%. That is my problem.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

If your team does gens the penalty is that killer immediately loses, why is this so hard for survivors to understand?! No wonder the game is being watered down so heavily if survivors have such sheer difficulty with "1+2 = ?" Level problems. It's so easy I love getting facecamped with kindred equipped, it singlehandedly beats the killer

• Psypho_Diaz

K well I'll continue to ruin the game for players, you continue to enjoy long wait times and when this games player pool gets so low that you can't join a match anymore. We will all move on to the next game. Fair?

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

Survivors have to worry about waittimes because their crying over easily countered tactics are getting killers nerfed so hard that most of them are quitting. I'll be getting instant ques as one of the few high rank killers

• namjuunn
    namjuunn Member Posts: 43

For me, since I suck at playing a killer, sometimes be difficult to even hit the survivor when theyre circling around in maps like coldwind farm. But ususally killers are toxic tbh and salty , im sorry

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909

Please remember to keep comments civil. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, but comments should be constructive and not be directed at other users.

• Tohmo
    Tohmo Member Posts: 248

old Trapper could facecamp from across the map with a single trap. the good old days

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

A lot of people here just did not read the post at all huh

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

Yes, because new players should expect to get dumped on anyways.

Sacrificing the 2000+ hour survivors like they are noobs is way more rewarding, and way more salty.

• Clevite

Just remember toxicity is on the individual not the particular side they play.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

Not against doctor. While in treatment mode he can short spam m1 (or R2 or whatever it is for xbox) and get an instant grab even if the survivor tries to fake the unhook. Doc is the only killer who's able to do this. Fotunately, this silly mechanic will finally be gone in a few days.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

While I agree camping is annoying, you can't blame the killer once the Exit Gates are powered on. 😁

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145
  • Psypho_Diaz

No they didn't, and apparently calling them out on their illiteracy gets you a warning.

#Murica where uneducated.... Sorry non-factual opinions still hold weight.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

It's just like with alcohol it's not a problem just don't get hooked.

• EverflowingRiver

We all read the posts. Just because people proved you wrong and countered your argument doesn't mean you should be salty. And you should put respect on America's name

• zaquintar
    zaquintar Member Posts: 54

Camping is perfect where it is. High risk high reward tactic to use with bot survivors that swarm the hook

• EverflowingRiver

That's like saying unhooking should be toxic behavior. If they camp, do gens or start bringing BT.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Dude face camping doesn't exist anymore, you can unhook survivors in multiple directions now and not to mention perks like BT, DS and Kindred all counter any killer standing near hooks. Just get better at the game and quit blaming the killer for doing what they need to do to kill survivors off.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Maybe against most killers, but it's impossible to save, or even trade if a Doctor is facecamping. At least for now, it won't be possible in the new patch because of his rework.

• The_Horde
    The_Horde Member Posts: 107

Run kindred or BT and boom, problem solved. Face camping is annoying, but so is gen rushing and survivors who camp for hook rescues... I know this because I used to be one of those survivors who camped hook rescues. Just follow the killer and get my 25% stackable thanks to WGLF.

The penalty for face camping is a 1k game if the team is any kind of decent, and most killers would stop face camping once they realize they are only getting 1k per game.

• Psypho_Diaz

Running kindred, BT or DS still doesn't help survivors pip the match or raise the 15k cap.

If I'm not being camped, and only work on gens: I'm still capped at 8k for objective and 5k for survival. The killer holds my points and pips hostage. Doing the right thing in this situation doesn't really reward me. That was my original point, sorry if illiteracy prevents you from understanding.

But because a large portion of this community is.... Well we all know, I'll just feed the killer by going for saves or camp as killer. At least I'll get more points feeding an arse than just avoiding there issue as a survivor. As the killer, I'll just make the problem more extreme, ruining the game for new players in the process.

Most people have lives and don't play like they spent 1k hours playing.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    edited January 2020

Was it a rank 16-20 killer? Because they are notorious for this play style. I chalk it up to not knowing better. If it wasn’t, the person is just a crap player with no skill.

I saw someone mention that a person on the hooks timer should pause if the killer is within a certain radius of the hook. Like it could be close but not face camp close. This would solve a lot of issues with this. If they did camp, you’d just hang until they got far enough away, but not enter struggle stage.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Did you bait the hit and then pull the guy off during the cooldown ?

Did ur 3rd teammate bodybock ur second hit so noone went down during this bum rush rescue?

Did you try leading him away or making noise closeby?

Did everyone use the 2 minutes on hook to do all the gens and then 3 escape?

Did the first guy click his flashlight and tbag the killer hitting him with stuns or 360 dips until he got upset and face camped him?

Did the killer have a challenge or archive to do?

Facecamping is the tamest thing I've herd of... it's almost an afk killer easily overcome with teamwork and I didnt even have to mention the dozen perks that help.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

I've been running Kindred with all of my builds because it seems like face camping is becoming more and more common. At least this way my teammates can see them doing it and not waste any time trying to save me.

• The_Meh_Teh
    The_Meh_Teh Member Posts: 136

So you lost fair and square. Move on.

This discussion has been closed.