Why do people get so agitated when stunned with Head On?

Moox
Moox Member Posts: 40
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

While playing survivor I have noticed killers disconnecting from the match and/or complaining in end-game chat when I successfully stun them with Head On. I find this very confusing because I honestly think Head On is a fair and fun perk. There is a significant delay before you can use it, it causes Exhaustion for a while, you need to know when to get in a position to use it and where, and its stun time is fairly short. The only time I would say Head On is "unfair" is if you combine Decisive Strike with it for a total stun of 8 seconds. Even when I am playing as the killer and get stunned with Head On, I find it funny how I fell for it when it could have been easily avoided. And, isn't having fun what DBD is all about? I made this discussion to see what the DBD community thinks of Head On, how balanced it is, and how fun it is to use and play against.

Comments

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

I never DCed cause of it 0_0 ill tear you down but that is about it...but that is to be expected from the one holding the weapon lmaooo

• Moox
    edited January 2020

I would say dedicated servers aren't really in anyone's favor, it just depends on the situation you are in. And there are still multiple ways to counter head on other than baiting. Waiting for crows, Iron Maiden, Enduring, add-ons that apply Exhaustion, etc. (I understand waiting for crows would be a waste of time but it still is technically a counter.) And all of that for a 3 second stun and being unable to use Exhaustion perks.

Post edited by Moox on
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

It depends on the match.

If I'm dealing with sweaty survivors on a garbage map, then getting stunned by Head On might tilt me somewhat.

I would never leave but I can see how getting stunned would be the final straw for some killers.

So you have to provide context. Is the killer already dealing with a game that is heavily stacked against them? That might explain why some killers disconnect.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

I can't take this perks so serious. I find funny when I got stunned lol of course can be annoying with 4 people using but at least they're not working on gens

• Moox
    edited January 2020

The entire match the killer (clown) was not using his time efficiently, he constantly gave up on chases right after he started them and ignored survivors working on generators. This ended up in him only getting 2-3 hooks by the time the generators were complete. I wouldn't say my teammates were especially good at running the killer because after they got injured they would go down in the next couple of seconds. We were not gen rushing either, it took like 20 mins just for the gens to get done because 2 of them had to do side objectives or something for a quest. (I forgot what they are called.) Anyways, after the gens were done I went for a door. I got interrupted by the clown and got in a chase. Shortly after the chase had started, I made him lose sight of me and got in a locker. After he wandered around the loop I eventually stunned him so I would have extra time to get to the other exit gate and escape.

And poof... He left.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885

If they DC you have no idea why they did it. I can't imagine it being Head On alone. If the group was playing in a toxic fashion overall, I could see some killers DCing, but I rarely see killers DC myself, mostly just survivors. As for those that complain in endgame chat, I can't say...again, unless there was more to it, and that was just one of many things they had a problem with.

When I play killer, if I get hit with HO, fair play. You used a perk slot on it, there's no reason not to use it. It's no worse than getting hit with a pallet, so I don't see the issue.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    edited January 2020

I dunno, I find Head On to be a funny Perk xP So many try to Head On me and miss, or even if they do it's like "Bwhahah, you're mine now!" I can understand if a super coordinated SWF Team or 2000 IQ Randos chain stuns via Decisive Strike, Pallets, Head On & Flashlight Blinds in a single match WOULD create a bad experience for the Killer xP

Post edited by Nikkiwhat on
  • kajagobi
    kajagobi Member Posts: 41

What about when you're walking up on a generator and you honestly have no clue there in the locker. I have those moments like "oh no she didn't". Life is tough as a killer security guard just doing your job and somebody's got to locker stun you. How would you feel if you was minding your own business and somebody just locker stunned you. ,O-0

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I'd rather face Head On than any other exhaustion perk as Killer honestly. Doesn't tilt me at all. It's pretty funny actually!

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Most killers don't mind when solo survivors who use it no one minds its just another case of SWF making something relatively harmless into a troll/bulling perk. EX:

A survivor can crawl next to a locker that has their SWF player in it so if the killer tries to check the locker they get stunned and the person gets a large head start if not a free get away if the killer decides to pick up the person thus stalling for more time for gens to get done.

If they don't check the locker and pick up the person they'd get a head on stun save which sense the game doesn't tell you who is SWF or not killers can't tell if that will happen or not.

This needless to say puts the killer so far behind its not even funny.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

It's like getting hit with a random iri hatchet from across the map it feels unfair

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

It's pretty fun when someone uses it on me,atleast to me. Except when you face the 4man swfs all with head on that just straight up bully you,but then i just try to stay away from lockers as much as possible

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    edited January 2020

It's annoying mainly because stuns have no counters anymore but it is funny when they try to do it again and get back dodged and smacked...however lately the new servers have a bit of a delay on killer interactions so I'll go for a locker open..but get hit regardless..aside from that it's not so bad

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

What is in your mind using it legitimately? I think it's a fun perk from both sides.

• It's not really a great perk either, it's just mostly used in groups that are trolling or messing around.

Thing is most people doing that expect to get 4k'd so just enjoy your easy win.

• Ultama160
    Ultama160 Member Posts: 11

I dont think ive ever seen it tactically used. Only ever for trolling

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

It is a good way to get aggro onto yourself, if you are a strong looper. I only use it with a flashlight, because that means you can hop into lockers mid chase after blinding the killer at a pallet.

I use a full locker build with it, because if you blind the killer mid-chase and hit a locker for 8 seconds, you will heal for inner strength.

By the time they realize you are in a locker, you have healed, and can head-on them.

It is also one of the best perks for getting out of the basement. You can stun them and run up the stairs scot-free.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,261
    edited January 2020

Only time I really find it annoying is when its used on me by a survivor I wasnt even chasing. I'll be running a survivor through shack or something, just to get blindsided. The idea that I should respect EVERY locker that a survivor runs past turns pretty silly when pretty much every jungle gym has a locker. If I make every turn super wide to avoid possible head-on stuns from a survivor in every locker...i'll never get anything accomplished.

Imagine a survivor running through this... What do you do? Check every locker just incase while completely abandoning chase on the one your after?

@Apple2o Was editing this right before ya posted. Numerically, id rather the sprint burst. They get an extra 6 meters distance they wouldnt have had already as opposed to the 12 from head-on. Sprint burst gives them an extra 50% boost for 3 seconds while headon forces me to give them a headstart for 3 seconds which would be the equal of a 100% boost.

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

It is a far inferior perk to something like sprint burst or dead hard. You should honestly be happy they are running it over something else.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I sort of respect head on players. It's not the best perk but it's definitely one of the most fun perks to use. But I get why people get annoyed when they get stunned. Getting stunned and having your control taking away from you and your camera jolting down for 5 seconds isn't particularly interactive or fun. If it's enough to make someone DC, however, they should really consider taking up a new hobby for a while

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Personally I love seeing it. They're wasting an exhaustion perk slot for a meme perk.

• Getya_Mad
    Getya_Mad Member Posts: 42

Do you like being slugged? It's the same thing.

• Moox

Are you saying being slugged for (20-60 secs) = being stunned for 3 seconds?

• BongRips4Wraith
    BongRips4Wraith Member Posts: 87
    edited January 2020

Sitting on the hook and getting tunneled/slugged right off hook is a 5+ minute stun but I guess that's okay on these forums.

I don't mind Head On at all, sure, the occasional team might coordinate at shack which gives the survivor a free loop/escape but you have to remember that when they do this its half the team not progressing the game.

When its not coordinated, they either get a sneaky stun out, or make it too obvious and you can bait them out for an easy hit/grab. There's so many situational and agonizing perks in the game people deal with I don't mind when someone else gets to have fun with theirs. Also, the stun timer is pitiful, often times people get so excited when they get it off they run into a dead zone to make the most distance they can and I get a free hit.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I’m not sure haha! Just didn’t wanna assume everyone’s goal was to be toxic. Maybe when trying to heal with inner strength but you just don’t have the time?

• thrawn3054

My current build is Q&Q, Inner Strength, Head On, and Spine Chill. The first three combo great. They help you slip away and heal up.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

They’re probably thinking that it could be a Head On bully squad. One Head On Survivor can be really annoying, so I can understand not wanting to face a coordinated 4-man SWF that are all running the perk. It gets worse if they’re running a full locker build.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Obviously another double standards thread from killers. Forum is full of crybabies, cause i never had any killer in game complain about Head On.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I hate it because of how unavoidable it is. I can know you have Head On, I can know which locker you're in, but my options are still 'hand you a free escape from the chase' or 'get stunned.' Trying to dodge it is incredibly inconsistent when servers can stun you from miles away, and grabs nearly never work.

Added onto that is when there's 2+ lockers and I'm already wasting a lot of time just finding the one you're in.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

I've DC'd from Head On before. Yamoaka. SWF's blending into every patch of grass. I was literally swing at clumps of grass near gens after 3 minutes of nothing happening. Hit a survivor, chase, first locker was a head on stun from their teammate. I'm not sticking around for super immerse, super douchey SWF. No fun was being had in that game at all.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

because it serves no purpose other than to troll and irritate the killer

how is that not obvious?

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

who is going to waste a perk slot to help them avoid being trolled?

really.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

For killers, getting stunned in place (or flashlight blinds) and not being able to control your character is extremely frustrating. That’s why DS, pallet stuns, Head On, and flashlights are detested by most killers.

Head On is an extremely mediocre perk. You’re using a perk slot (an exhaustion perk at that) for a chance of stunning the killer.

It’s used by some SWF groups to get chain stuns on the killer which is very annoying. It’s not even them trying to win the match but just to annoying the killer. The perk is very troll inducing.

I personally don’t have an issue with it. If I get hit with Head On that means I know the survivor’s location and they’ve used up their exhaustion. Once you know they have Head On, it becomes very easy to bait it.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Unavoidable... don't make me laugh. Its not that Hard to bait and it isnt anyway that consistent for survivors, cause servers priority is killer actions.

• thrawn3054

Uhh what? It's easy to avoid. It can be baited as soon as you know they have it. Add to that it still works inconsistently at best.

@Hopesfall or it's just a ridiculous perk that's fun to try and make work.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

It's so situational and grasp saves with it are so rare and telegraphed that I can't take anyone who gets mad because of it seriously.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Just look at the ridiculous punching bag Jason was turned into in Friday the 13th the game. What a ######### show that was. If anyone was armed with the knowledge that Tommy Jarvis had Jason's mask off in two hits you might as well leave the game there as well. I'm not a fan of head on because as it stands without head-on most of the killers are not feared. With head-on going off and ds with bt and inner strength you'll wonder why the killer never even came your way the whole time.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

If you're dumb enough to head on me, go for it, doesnt upset me in the slightest

• Boaris030
    Boaris030 Member Posts: 145

Head on wouldn't cause me to DC but it definitely does annoy me, if I'm doing well in the match I go right after the person who did it to me.