Why do killers get nerfed when they have even a slight advantage over survivors?

Options

I don't get it, it seems like the second playing survivor becomes even slightly difficult the devs call for nerfs

Nurse, Oni, Freddy, Spirit, Old legion, ETC....

these killers were all nerfed the second they were considered "OP" aka made survivors have to try a little more

and now its happening with ruin? which arguably isn't even a slowdown perk because who cant hit consistent great skill checks?

its just annoying its like killers are only ever going to be at the disadvantage of this game of cat and mouse

Comments

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632
    Options

IMO the only change should of been spirit colliding with you, Iv been playing this game for two years and it has changed alot. i do feel this ruin change will make alot of casual killers leave, i must play survivor 95% of the time and i have never felt under powered or not had a chance. i learned to hit ruin, i learned the tiles to loop, i learned to counter killers by playstyles but its sad to see people scream nerfs, i wanna see a range of killers with different perks used. im likely to get bored with how easy games will be and how long ill have to wait for them, im not waiting 15mins odd for a 5min game

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523
    edited January 2020
    Options

It would be best that killers should not be biased; statistics show that they are over-performing (especially in Red Ranks).

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

You know, there will be always some argument made up why those stats are worthless.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I mean to be fair, it's their only way of fighting. Makes me miss F13.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    Options

The most famous argument is “the devs said themselves that the data is wrong”.

Somehow what Peanits said about not necessarily drawing conclusions just from the data, has now been spun into the data being incorrect.

• JarMa13
    JarMa13 Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2020
    Options

What are you talking about?

The game is designed so the killers have a PROFOUND advantage over the survivors.

And they ALWAYS nerf survivors.

Self heal, decisive strike, mettle of a man, insta heal.

The problem with this game is that the killers are WAAAAY to OP and survivors don't stand a chance.

I'm a killer main and a redrank 1 survivor. I go days without surviving.

Every match I play as a killer is 4k, too

The killers need a MAJOR nerf

And moris need to go.

Every time, killers camp their first hook and Mori them as soon as someone takes them down.

It's desperate.

No Mori till you've hooked everyone once. When I play, my rule is no hooking twice till everyone is hooked once and no moriing till everyone is hooked twice.

But im not asking that.

Just once.

Honestly, if you aren't getting 4k every time, you need to work on your strategy because the killers have such a huge advantage that it is INEVITABLE to kill them all unless they can escape, which is unlikely if you know what you're doing.

• kurgan8282
    kurgan8282 Member Posts: 264
    Options

And in the meantime, every killer is.abandoning the game, now the hardest thing in this game is finding a lobby as a survivor.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

And another double standards thread from killers. Doesnt this gets boring, having not even one logic argument?

• Hex_Devour_Dez_Nutz
    Options
  • ReallyBigShoe
    ReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 764
    edited January 2020
    Options

Because how dare killers have the ability to shut down ridiculous loops, apply gen pressure, and kill survivors. How dare they be more than a mere clown to amuse survivors.

Balancing for new players is not how you balance for a game that is 3 years into it's lifespan. It's people like yourself that just need to learn how to play better, rather than have everything nerfed to suit their current skill level. No offence.

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453
    Options

And that same dev you quoted literally said those STATS aren't reliable....

• ReallyBigShoe
    Options

I'm going to assume you're fairly new to the game. How many hours do you have?

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Look you have a point and all, but Old Legion shouldn't even be used as a discussion for fair game.

He was hated because his power was heavily exploitative (i.e not working as intended) while still being a terrible killer. Not because he had an advantage.

• ReallyBigShoe
    edited January 2020
    Options

That's still pretty new in terms of all the things killers and survivors have been through balance-wise. Seriously, though, how many hours do you have?

Ahh yes. Old Legion. The only killer that was both overpowered and terrible at the same time.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

Nice bait, no one has a 4k every time, regardless of the killer. You would be the first human in history that would be that good to win always.

• ReallyBigShoe
    Options

I mean, there was Marth, that one time...he went 60 games of 4k's...but that's Marth. He actually isn't from earth.

• Murcielago
    Murcielago Member Posts: 163
    Options

Yeah man them stats tho don't pay attention to the fact the last stats they did before that released the same year showed rank one survivors had a twenty percent higher escape rate then even rank two being at 70% escape rate

• Murcielago
    Options

You my dear friend have the best comment I've seen on this forum

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

Maybe with old nurse / spirit. But i don't think this is possible to do with killers, that can be looped or hold back by windows / pallets.

• Murcielago
    Options

Only you have this magical information then because it's not on the post regarding the stats at all I just rechecked

• EZ5k
    EZ5k Member Posts: 233
    Options

They overperform because the survivor ranking system is garbage, letting potatoes get boosted into the reds, thus inflating and skewing the stats. Against actual red rankers, and not the boosted trash, a survivor can easily 1v1 a killer for an entire match still.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523
    Options

Sorry; couldn't resist. 😋

• GamerCustard
    GamerCustard Member Posts: 59
    Options

See.. IMO, the thing is, killers really aren't OP - of course, they have been in the past, but a lot of the more questionable nerfs have been to placate survivors, either entitled or new.

But another thing is, and no offense to anyone, but red rank takes much more skill to maintain as killer compared to survivor.. which is one of the reasons some people are quick to call for "OP killer nerf!!!!". Because when you get red rank killers obliterating red rank survivors it can be hard to see the difference. Again, not meaning to offend anyone with this. And I believe also, this is due to the emblem system requirements of killers compared to survivors. Of course, there are some greatly skilled red survivors, but the way the two systems are set, requires lower effort on behalf of survivor, and best possible effort on behalf of killer - meaning they'll get skills quicker due to harsher requirements to meet.

In no way am I saying that the emblem system for killer is ok, but on that note, neither is survivor. Finding a possible balance between killer/surv emblem system may be a big step, and from there, ranking. Idk though, I am pretty stupid

• Supr3_Angel
    Supr3_Angel Member Posts: 22
    Options

Yeah... I feel like the developers are more focus on the survivors than the killers, and tbh that’s not fun specially for new or casual players that only play as killers like me.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

Let me give you some examples;

Old legion,0 counterplay. You could do nothing.

Nurse, the only way to counter her was to be A. stealthy,B. break line of sight and C. Juke. Now a good nurse equips bq and other tracking perks such as whispers, good nurses know how to predict a player's movements so they are immune to jukes. The only possible way to escape her is breaking line of sight. With the change,survivors have more chance to break line of sight,which is fair.

Spirit, those things should have been done from the beginning,also almost impossible to counter in a Chase.

That's all. They nerf op killers just like they nerf op survivor items and perks (instaheal,balanced landing)

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited January 2020
    Options

Same can be said about literally every nerf that has happened to survivors.

Only difference is survivors just don't cry/b*tch as much in the forums. This is fact when you consider the very first 2 pages in the forums is filled with the same non-sense "Game is Dying" "Devs *insert insult*"... etc etc.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited January 2020
    Options

Old Legion had counterplay.

Everybody who tells something different, shows only that he had either no understandment of the Legion and/or whas a follower of that crybabies that some streamers were back at those days, or has the Legion just play on a toxic way.

The only thing that had no counterplay, or better near to have had no counterplay was the old Legion with specific addons attached.

... And that is not the same.

The nerf was not justified in the way it had happen.

That can I say, because I had main to that time the Legion (and with main I mean more as 80% of my matches were with the old Legion to that time) and I had play to that time the Legion without the exploits and without the op addons.

TL:DR A player like me was in the position to look at the Legion how she really was - without those op things and to be honest... In some points, the old Legion was weaker as the new one and vice versa what other points matters.

Don't tell lies guys and stay to the truth.

Edit: Btw. I have not see to this day, 1 "op video" from one of this whiny streamers, without the op addons of the Legion.

That tells already everything I need to know about that topic and the people that have cry about the Legion to that time.

Post edited by Talmeer on
  • EZ5k
    EZ5k Member Posts: 233
    Options

Probably because by the devs own practices, they either don't understand or refuse to understand why the game burns through killers so quickly. I've seen 3 different generations of killers since I bought the game shortly before Hag's release, and the same exact issues have driven them away each time. And that's an overwhelming bias of the devs towards the survivor in defiance of the model the game is built upon, which destroys every attempt to balance the game

• kurgan8282
    kurgan8282 Member Posts: 264
    Options

with those game changes new killers will never be as good as old ones, rememeber that game was made much easier to meet this new generation "needs".

The challenging level has already gone down

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175
    Options

Anything less than a 4k is unacceptable is what I've come to understand. I don't get it either, I play both sides and constantly experiment with perks so if I pull 2ks, I'm pretty happy and don't really care about escaping in most situations.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Because that's how Mafia works.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174
    Options

They are currently overperforming because ranking up as killer is alot harder than ranking up as survivor, and matchmaking is broken. So red killers are going against low ranks or people that don't deserve to be at red ranks. Very few of my matches are against skilled survivors anymore, and it's kinda boring, because alot of people DC or are just so bad it's not a game. Some games it's nice to have a relaxed murdering experience, but i still want to play and feel like I'm winning a game instead of just beating people who are new to the game.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    edited January 2020
    Options

Nurse was not nerfed for years and, without broken addons (I would remove only them, btw) it required a lot of practice to do good. Devs nerfed her too much. Legion? Well, if you dont know why, then watch youtube. Adding him to the list only say that you are new.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174
    Options

Can i have your survivors? Or are you just playing some broken killer or playstyle to always win? As a killer, i win most of my matches quite easily. But as a survivor, i still win most of my matches just as easily. Survivors have tons of advantages over killers, and it's alot easier to survive than it is to kill. Survivor is only hard when someone else on your team isn't doing anything, and/or Can't win a chase or die too soon from tunneling or bad luck. I went against a wraith who had an ebony mori, he was rank 3, i was rank 1, then a rank 2, rank 4, and rank 17 for my team. Finished every gen but 1, and the last survivor still got hatch. Against a cloaked, camping wraith, with an ebony mori. Moris are quite overpowered, but killers as a whole are not. Killer has been easier recently because there is no matchmaking, so I've only been going against trash survivors. Does that make me good at the game? Does that make killers overpowered? No, it's just someone with more experience beating someone with less experience. As killer, it's just your skill. With survivor, your whole team needs to be good, and 1 bad survivor can drag the whole team down.