The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Doctor Ultra Rare Idea

βLAKE
βLAKE Member Posts: 544

Have The Doctor get a ultra rare add-on in which he is given the ability to manifest himself to his illusionary body (similar to The Hag) within a certain range.

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Or maybe when he sees them if he swings his weapon they can swing at you and hit you. They look at you anyway, and if the survivor runs towards to to get rid of it they might get hit, and if not you just whiff at them and it scares them it might really be you.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i actually really like this idea...
    but i doubt it would ever happpen, since it would completely rework his concept and design...

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Give him one that makes the shocks hurt you every 3 shocks 
  • βLAKE

or maybe another cool idea for a ultra rare would be that missing a skill check injures you

• SirSenorSerbian
    SirSenorSerbian Member Posts: 13

@yeet said:

I have a feeling that's really op then

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@SirSenorSerbian said:

@yeet said:

Das da point.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

@yeet said:

@SirSenorSerbian said:

@yeet said:

Das da point.

I'm pretty sure not all Ultra Rare add-ons are supposed to be extremely powerful. Besides, Doc already has Iridescent King for that.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Ultra rares dont give new tools without removing one, or just makes old tools better. Think Amanda's letter and fragrant tuft of hair. Literally giving the doc another power is beyond an ultra rare.
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited August 2018

I feel it doesn't fit him at all. It would also be too rng-reliant since you can't control where and when illusions appear.

• βLAKE

@White_Owl said:
    I feel it doesn't fit him at all. It would also be too rng-reliant since you can't control where and when illusions appear.

it should make sense because survivors are in madness that they lose sense of what is real or not and this add on could make the doctor scary and make for some good jumpscares when that "illusion" starts to move. Also the illusions usually pop up in front of the survivor and are facing towards the survivor in which the doctor can already see from a distance, but with this add on he could take it a step further and actually teleport to that illusionary aura

• βLAKE

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Ultra rares dont give new tools without removing one, or just makes old tools better. Think Amanda's letter and fragrant tuft of hair. Literally giving the doc another power is beyond an ultra rare.

maybe tremendously reduce his terror radius

• White_Owl
    edited August 2018

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

it should make sense because survivors are in madness that they lose sense of what is real or not

Yes, but an illusion is an illusion, for them it might seem real but it's not. From "pushing survivors into madness" to "teleporting randomly in front of them" it's a big step. Too big.
    There's already the Hag for that btw.

• βLAKE

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

it should make sense because survivors are in madness that they lose sense of what is real or not

Yes, but an illusion is an illusion, for them it might seem real but it's not. From "pushing survivors into madness" to "teleporting randomly in front of them" it's a big step. Too big.

It's suppose to be strong I mean hello it's a Ultra rare addon. I mean if you are talking about killer similarities then just look at Leatherface and Hillbilly. This add on would make survivors fear The Doctor and it would give an incentive for the doctor to raise the madness levels of all survivors in the map instead of tunneling one person at a time

• White_Owl

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

It's suppose to be strong I mean hello it's a Ultra rare addon. I mean if you are talking about killer similarities then just look at Leatherface and Hillbilly. This add on would make survivors fear The Doctor and it would give an incentive for the doctor to raise the madness levels of all survivors in the map instead of tunneling one person at a time

While we're at it let's make the Hillbilly go invisible while he uses his chainsaw and let Myers throw his knife.

• βLAKE

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

While we're at it let's make the Hillbilly go invisible while he uses his chainsaw and let Myers throw his knife.

Okay dude just because you don't like the idea doesn't mean you have to derail the conversation by being stupid. -.-

• White_Owl
    edited August 2018

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

Okay dude just because you don't like the idea doesn't mean you have to derail the conversation by being stupid. -.-

I wasn't derailing, I was just doing some examples since you seem to not understand my point of view.

• βLAKE

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

I wasn't derailing, I was just doing some examples since you seem to not understand my point of view.

I understand that when you don't like something from your point of view, you go and make a ridiculous out of the world of possibility suggestion hence, the derailing.

• Kilrane
    Kilrane Member Posts: 89
    Eternal Scream of the Treated Mind.

A Survivor in Madness 3 sees other Survivors as the Doctor. While in Madness 3 Survivors will experience a close proximity heart beat and chase music.

Yeah I know. Not a chance. But a Doctor can dream.
  • White_Owl
    edited August 2018

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

I understand that when you don't like something from your point of view, you go and make a ridiculous out of the world of possibility suggestion hence, the derailing.

Since you still seem to not understand, my critique is that your idea is just slapping on the the Doctor an unrelated power similar to that of another killer. Addons should enhance a power, not changing it to something else totally unrelated to that character. The Doctor has nothing to do with teleporting, he can't do it and never will because that is not his power.

• βLAKE

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

Since you still seem to not understand, my critique is that your idea is just slapping on the the Doctor an unrelated power similar to that of another killer. Addons should enhance a power, not changing it to something else totally unrelated to that character. The Doctor has nothing to do with teleporting, he can't do it and never will because that is not his power.

Doctor has illusions of himself due to his power and i'm proposing a ability that enhances that power. Your statement makes no sense.

• βLAKE

@Kilrane said:
    Eternal Scream of the Treated Mind.

A Survivor in Madness 3 sees other Survivors as the Doctor. While in Madness 3 Survivors will experience a close proximity heart beat and chase music.

Yeah I know. Not a chance. But a Doctor can dream.

ooh that would be a nice ability, but it sounds like a huge technical hassle imo. I would be honestly surprised if the devs actually implemented something this technical.

• Kilrane
    Kilrane Member Posts: 89
    Something less technical would be to just make Survivors have a terror radius to other Survivors. 
  • βLAKE

@Kilrane said:
    Something less technical would be to just make Survivors have a terror radius to other Survivors. 

oh yeah that would be cool and simple to do imo.

• White_Owl

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

Doctor has illusions of himself due to his power and i'm proposing a ability that enhances that power. Your statement makes no sense.

To me it doesn't make sense for the Doctor to teleport. That's the point.
    A way to enhance the illusion would be to give them a heartbeat and make them follow the survivor and try to attack him if near.

• βLAKE

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

@βLAKE said:

@White_Owl said:

To me it doesn't make sense for the Doctor to teleport. That's the point.
    A way to enhance the illusion would be to give them a heartbeat and make them follow the survivor and try to attack him if near.

The AI capabilities in this game is too strained for having a doctor illusion to follow and attack a survivor. The way I am proposing is having The Doctor/Player teleport to the Illusion and take control of that Doctor. It's not on the outside possibilities technical and canon wise.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Actually, what if the Illusions gave out shocks instead? They usually appear in front of the survivor so the shot is already lined up.

• βLAKE

@FrenziedRoach said:
    Actually, what if the Illusions gave out shocks instead? They usually appear in front of the survivor so the shot is already lined up.

oh ######### that would be awesome.

• βLAKE

Damn dude all these possibilities for The Doctor, i'm surprised none of these ideas came into fruition.