Guys, we don't need any more nerfs to killers.

Options
Yung_Slug
Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Omegablink nurse was incredibly strong and while I don't agree with everything they did to Nurse, I'm glad omegablink is gone.

Prayer beads spirit was pretty strong and while I love yoinking, I understand why people would be upset.

The Ruin change came out of nowhere and was completely uncalled for. The game isn't ready for this change in its current state. Balance the game before you kill Ruin (and this change will kill Ruin).

Billy does not need nerfing. Devs, I'm begging you. Change his add-ons, that's fine, but leave his base power alone.

I've never seen anyone complain about Billy until this Ruin change and now there's this domino effect where Survivors keep asking for more and more nerfs.

So, what should we be doing instead of crying for nerfs? Advocating for buffs. Nerfing the top tiers won't make the game more diverse. With the game balance tipping back towards survivors, players will be forced to use the best killers to stand a chance. Instead, we should buff the weaker killers and give players a reason to choose them.

I've already opened a thread discussing how the Clown could be stronger, and we came up with some great ideas. I encourage you to do the same. Bring attention to the killers that deserve it.

Even if you don't care about to killer side, I ask you to focus on other things than killer nerfs. What about all of those underwhelming perks that aren't worth the slot? If we make weak perks viable, we won't be seeing the same perks every game. This applies to both sides. Let's break this cycle of nerfs and get weaker killers and perks buffed!

Comments

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

Hillbilly is next probably

Kidding, it's gonna be bubba

• SnyprLife
    SnyprLife Member Posts: 63
    Options

What are they doing to billy?

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

If ruin didn't get nerfed billy would have to be because he had access to almost guaranteed wins with map pressure + ruin. Or am I just being biased?

Point is, Ruin inflated kill rates almost as much as the ranking and swf matchmaking system. More accurate kill rates = better balance changes. Of course, who needs balance when survivors have "so many second chances." Dealing with this community must be tiring.

• FabsRinas
    FabsRinas Member Posts: 169
    Options

One buff I'd make for the wraith is to make the bone clapper (the yellow bell add on) a base thing, isn't to op and would make him better vs swf, allowing you to use other add ons, as that one is almost mandatory.

Another buff I would make is to make the flashlight burn a bit longer than the uncloak, I feel weird talking about this one because it would be unfair to one side if it was buffed but unfair to the other if it wasn't.

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403
    Options

I'm all for balance in the game, and I do believe Billy has nuts power, but I don't think it's the time to nerf him. Once maps are smaller, lighting is fixed, AUDIO is fixed, I think then they should look at him.

At the moment, he and Bubba need their addons fixed tho for sure.

• honestlybaffled
    honestlybaffled Member Posts: 175
    edited January 2020
    Options

We need first bug fixes, then nerfs/buffs imo

• Yung_Slug
    Options
  • Yung_Slug
    Options

Many good Billy players don't use Ruin because they didn't really need early game pressure. If anything, the new Ruin is better for Billies than the old one because Billy has the mobility to pressure people off gens.

This doesn't mean Billy has no counters, though. You just need to learn when he can and when he can't get the chainsaw hit at certain loops. Billy doesn't 4k all the time, even with Ruin. That's because many high rank players have learned how to play against him.

• Yung_Slug
    Options

That would be ideal, but the devs seem to be focusing on game balance every mid-chapter patch.

• Yung_Slug
    Options
  • LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

First, there were always complains about Billy. So its nothing new.

Second, ruin wasnt out of nowhere. There always were calls for making it more friendly to new players. Lately due to SWF change it came up more and more again.

Third, no we wont stop calling for killer nerfs, cause there are still several issues that needs to be changed.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822
    Options

"There are still decently strong killers I can't mercilessly bully and stomp on every match, more killer nerfs please"

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    edited January 2020
    Options

How about Huntress hatchet hitboxes fix, Iri Heads rework, Ghostface revealing fix, Hag trap triggers fix, Spirit phasewalk indicator. Still something to do.

Your so hilarious woth your poor bait.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822
    Options

Not bait at all, I'm dead serious that's how almost all of these crap survivor posts read

• Zenro
    Zenro Member Posts: 319
    Options

There's nothing wrong with Iri heads. Maybe it shouldn't be allowed to pair with a belt but Iri head is fine. People acting like they face Iri head every game and like hatchets are impossible to dodge. It's strong as ultra rare add-ons should be.

• CogHead
    CogHead Member Posts: 14
    Options

I think Trapper, Wraith, Demogorgon, Legion, Bubba, and Pig desperately need buffs. Trapper should just start with more traps. Wraith needs some kind of buff to his invisibility. Demogorgon either needs more portals or a shorter cool down between teleportations. Legion needs his recent nerf where his FF is no longer counted as a normal hit removed. Bubba really needs a whole rework. And Pig is probably going to get a rework.

• Rlabotath
    Rlabotath Member Posts: 123
    Options

For the people saying that Billy used Ruin, only the ######### Billys that suck with chainsaws. The ones who know how to use his power to the fullest don't touch ruin because they need the perk slot for other things.

I'm not advocating for Billy nerf obviously, but Billy coming out of the woodwork due to the Ruin change was an obvious side affect. You remove the tool that certain killers needed to prepare their power (trapper/hag) and NOT be down 2 gens after simply setting up, they'd obviously fall back to the Killer who doesn't need it. I think many people don't even find him fun, but if they want to play killer and not get destroyed (especially with the busted matchmaking), they'd have to switch to him.

Side note, I'm surprised Survivors aren't pissed off with the devs who basically said "y'all too stupid and scared of killers, you'll let go of gems and hide so it regresses all the way." Like Survivor mains get salty af when a Killer main says anythinf, here's the devs actually calling you all dumb, and you're ignoring it.

Back to main note, I think they should ignore changing the chainsaw bros addons until they rebalance the weaker killers.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

"Huntress hatchet hitboxes fix"

Right because that went well the first time, totally didn't destroy the huntress to the point where they had to hotfix it and had mains quitting left and right.

"Iri Heads rework"

For what?!?!? You act like its a Mori....

"Ghostface revealing fix" They already nerfed him in this regard and you want him to be even more useless?

"Hag Trap triggers" Hag is trash tier why nerf her more?

"Spirit Phasewalk indicator" Are you playing with the sound turned off?!?!?

Posts like this, while you had me wonder why people play this game if they want it to be 1 sided and easy all the time.....

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

No thank you, I like my beartraps just fine please, do not ruin my character with BHVR nonsense they almost did it before....

• Kongtwenty12
    Kongtwenty12 Member Posts: 140
    Options

Nah we need to make every killer into survivors so that the game becomes 4 survivors against 1 worse survivor. Then all those survivor mains will be happy

• Kongtwenty12
    Kongtwenty12 Member Posts: 140
    Options

What about all the survivor nerfs that need to happen? If you want to push nerfs then you need to push both sides or youre just trying to unbalance even more?

• Shi
    Shi Member Posts: 156
    Options

After updated, I wait in a lobby around 15 min. haha T^T (survival in red rank)

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,398
    Options

I mean hes not wrong legion got a nerf when he was at the bottom of the killer list for no reason. So bhvr sides seem pretty clear. And the way they phrased the patchnotes.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

I find it hilarious that after they destroyed Ruin, the bad players then directly started targeting some of the worst killers in the game to nerf. Like please, how low will they go?

At this point they might as well just start each match with the doors wide open.

Oh wait, they will just tell you to nerf NOED at that point LUL

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272
    Options

The only thing I disagree with is the Hag being trash tier. A good Hag can dominate and is one of the only killers who can be in multiple places at once causing damage. By all means this has do be done by a Hag with experience and with good trap placements but she is definitely far from trash tier.

• BlackRainbow
    BlackRainbow Member Posts: 40
    Options

Why you all talk about Billy getting nerfed?? I don't understand who even said that. No dev ever said that

• Yung_Slug
    Options

People have been asking for nerfs on these forums lately, and Billy is one of the killers that will get an add-on rework. And like what they did to Nurse, they may change more than just the add-ons.

• Lucama
    Lucama Member Posts: 461
    Options

He's slated for an add-on rework, just like how nurse was slated for an add-on rework.

• Yung_Slug
    Options

I'm sure they wouldn't nerf the game's mascot, but then again he is the most picked character according to their stats...

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited January 2020
    Options

Guess they finally give Trapper then 3 traps to the start or more...

... And make a tiny change to his basekit.

From now on the Trapper needs first to walk into his own trap and getting stunned for 4+ secs before the trap counts as active.

-------------

Sry, in desperate times, you need to make desperate jokes, or you driving deeper into madness :|.

• Yung_Slug
    Options

You start with infinite traps but they're on a 60 second cooldown.

In all seriousness though, I've come up with ways the trapper can be more consistent and I might start a thread about it soon. I'm excited to see what other people come up with.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Honestly if gen speed isn't heavily nerfed, or toolboxes are not removed entirely (at least the repair speed part, give them some other benefit that isn't game breakIng) I don't see why anyone would want to play killer anymore. You have to be godly to do well as killer, just for survivors to insult the hell out of you post game and never acknowledge how hard that is to do.

Meanwhile hold m1 as survivor and killers are just like ggwp because most of them are just....decent people comparatively.

• Yung_Slug
    Options

Toolboxes aren't nearly as op as they used to be, and I don't notice a huge difference with or without them. Adding a flat increase to gen time will just make survivor even more of an M1 simulator.

Buffing weak killers, making the huge maps smaller, and changing the god loops will go a long way to balance the game.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

They are broken beyond any belief, they are far far from okay. Those things need to be done too, but the fact you can bullrush gens with toolboxes and end a game in half the usual time is one of the most powerful and broken things in the game. They are when you think about it, about as effective as an iri mori.

• Yung_Slug
    Options

The boost from toolboxes is not that high, and in my opinion, the survivor counterpart to moris would actually be keys, since they both allow you to win after partially completing your objective. You can rush gens just fine without toolboxes and the game will end in a similar time.

Perhaps it's merely a confusion of cause and correlation - survivors who use toolboxes are more likely to rush gens (and more likely to bring perks like Prove Thyself), but that doesn't necessarily mean that the toolboxes are the only reason why the gens go so fast in those game. If those same survivors brought different items but used the same playstyle, they would get the gens done almost as fast.