what do YOU want in dbd

What do players truly want in this game survivor? Killer? What would make you enjoy this game more

Comments

• KillerMonkey236
    KillerMonkey236 Member Posts: 35

What is It like 44 seconds with 2 people on a gen and done. No way tracking perks will be enough lol. I'm gonna run distortion like always but I can't chase everyone and monitor everyone with just tracking perks.

#BringRuinBack

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

Better maps

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I would like a fair and skillbased matching system.

And i would like it as a survivor (60% of the time) as well as Killer (40% of the time).

• silasbleu
    silasbleu Member Posts: 181

I want Kate to have a long voluminous ponytail

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Less cosmetics

Less killer nerfs because of biased survivor opinions

Ranking overhaul

Bug fixes even if it means temporarily shutting-down servers; dedicated servers to be removed or heavily looked at.

For the devs to be fair to the killers and stop siding with survivors.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

To go back to p2p.

Remember when everyone thought dedicated servers would be great? *cries in 400th broken grab animation of the day before landing a BS hit across the map*

Also, a spinner hat for Dwight. I'll forgive every horrible bug, and terrible balance decision if the devs finally give in to this demand.

• FilledPizza
    FilledPizza Member Posts: 392

Cross saves. I have a lot of progress on Switch and I really want to play on something that doesnt go to 15 fps in the corn

• Rythm_Cymphan
    Rythm_Cymphan Member Posts: 5

Personally, I want to see a competition for a Chapter, where a poll decides the Killer and Survivor from Fan created characters, even if theres only gonna be one. I have a great idea for a Killer, but I don't feel like the Devs listen to us...

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Devs that actually care.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Balance and a solo queue for killers..

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

The AI thing will never happen and the 2v8 mode would just be incredibly dumb and impossible to balance. Idk why it's such a popular idea. It would end up being awful.

• Elegant

If you have ever seen how fan polls in LoL go for skins, the community always ends up picking the literal worst option every time. I would rather not let the community decide on stuff and just let the devs make whatever characters they think are best

• Elegant

I really want the devs to take a chapter off and focus on maps. Reworking maps and balancing maps should be their #1 priority right now. Their maps are absolute lifeless garbage. There is not a single map that i'm hyped to play on. Every map is just generic feeling (the handful of ones that aren't super generic like Hawkins or the Game are horrifically balanced) and has glaring map design issues. Map design and balance is the biggest issue DBD has and improving it would make the game so much better. On top of this I want every new map to actually feel unique and interesting. I don't want another map that just feels like a copy paste of other maps with a random building thrown in the middle to make it seem more interesting.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

drama mode ON: devs that care :'(

drama mode OFF: the ability to mix and match clothing before buying something so you can see if it fits.

Rewards devotion level

dedicated PTB so you dont have to redownload it all the time.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Buff all killer addons! That would make me happy as survivor and killer. And get a section that only new players will play against other new players, so they don't feel a must to nerf everything to please one group of people.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited January 2020

Every chapter a free perk is added to each side - In addition to the 3 survivor perks and 3 killer perks each side gets with the DLC each chapter I would like an addition of 1 perk to each side each chapter. This would be of course more ideal after all the bad perks currently in the game are reworked.

Additional base kit mechanics for survivor and killer - Whether it becomes a new objective for survivors or other ways to interact with survivors as the killer I feel as though a new mechanic would refresh this game here and there. End Game Collapse was an excellent addition to the game and is exactly the type of thing I'd want more of in this game.

The ability to save loadouts per character - This suggestion speaks for itself. I know enough of you have played this game enough to have multiple perk builds on your favorite characters. Being able to change that with the click of one button would be nothing short of a much needed quality of life change for all players.

Overhaul of existing features - Some features in the game feel like they're in need of a refresh such as black locks. I'd argue that for survivors the addition of chest with loot you can only get in these chest using a key. Once open the killer would also get a bonus for killing anyone who held the item in the chest. I could suggest a lot more but everyone likely has an idea of what this game could use.

Map reworks and other cool stuff - A lot of maps have been getting a lot of reworks lately so this is a given and I'll trust BHVR handles this right. Although admittedly I'd love to see map specific features and mechanics that both sides can interact with. How would everyone feel about doors you push open for example? It could be a map hazard in terms of when pushed open both sides hear a creaking sound as the door slowly (or quickly if sprinting) is opened. It could also be a visual cue for the killer if they notice the door slowly shutting on its own.

Community Servers, Mod Support for community made cosmetics and custom maps - This community has a lot of talented artist and other talents and I could see that being utilized more by BHVR. Community cosmetics and other assets would be great and custom maps could bring a lot of endless content to this game. Community servers would be a must however for community maps in terms of testing.

A proper tutorial which is a sequence of scenarios for each side - In my opinion this would be the most important addition which is a more fleshed out tutorial. Each side should have a 5 part tutorial system cut up into chunks so each player can pick and choose specific mechanics they want to learn about instead of having if all shoved at them at once in such a rushed fashion. Each part of the tutorial should reward you 10 - 20k BP depending on the difficulty to replicate rewards in the main game. However since each side would have 5 parts it would give them a generous starting point so the new player experience isn't so rough and they can get perks. It also lets everyone try stuff at their own pace.

More incentives to purchase the battle pass - I'll be the first to say I don't care for cosmetics so the battle pass does nothing for me. However I'd go as far as to say owning the Battle Pass should give you other bonuses such as a small 10% BP bonus for the entire rift duration. Rainbow 6: Siege for example does something similar with renown (Rainbow 6: Siege currency for free stuff) and it would be a small way to encourage players in this game to cash in.

End of season rewards for ranks - Depending on your rank or pip count at the end of each season you should be awarded Bloodpoints, Battlepass Experience and Account Level Experience to give players an incentive to improve.

• TheTexasRattle
    TheTexasRattle Member Posts: 30
    edited January 2020

I’d like to see more customisation options, changes to hair styles, facial hair, tattoos, charms ability to add certain items (just for customisation) such as backpacks, gloves, goggles etc.

I think due to the in game transactions and pre set outfits then any future customisation options will be limited but that’s what I’d like.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

No gen rush (add more objectives)

No tunnel (DS should be built in, but with rework to make it punish tunneler, not 60sec immune)

No face camp (BT should be built in, but also with rework, not kindred)

Final challenge that not let Survivors too altruism because Killer put no threat (Noed built in, but limited attack cause instant down), (EGC start right after Gates are powered, not opened)

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

I want more fun skins like elephant clown and darker more atmospheric maps like new Lerys.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510
    edited January 2020

More objectives. I jump on do my daily's and then log off. At least with the Tome I had something to do with each game now I'm just waiting for the second Tome.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Improved matchmaking.

More Nudity.

Mario cart type mode.

Better graphics and animations.

Bugs to be worked out.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,239
    edited January 2020

Fewer safe or less safe map tiles. Smaller maps. They only really affect the viability of M1 killers while killers like Spirit, Nurse, etc, couldn't care less about jungle gyms and adjacent safe tiles. Success with B tier and lower killers is 75% dependent on how well survivors know the maps and how efficient they are on gens.

• DetailedDetriment

Not even sure if the devs are going to read all that. Very well done.

• DetailedDetriment

The second is wanted by the whole community. The third however is rumored to be a work in progress.

• DetailedDetriment

The devs always side with survivors. It might not be directly, but it's easy to tell. Especially when most of the devs are survivor mains.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Less Grind on the Rift Pass

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Carlton dance for killer.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Some kind of leaderboard or stat tracker.