I've been using Diversion a lot lately and...

Options

Many many people do not give it enough credit where it is due.

We all know that Diversion isn't meta right? That's why it works so well at red ranks, because it isn't expected!!!

Sure as the trial goes on the killer will start to realise that you're running the perk but this perk is slept on a lot.

During the early to mid game it has saved me many many times.

Please, I URGE you guys to try this perk out for a few games

Comments

• kinderjazen
    kinderjazen Member Posts: 81
    Options

I love to use it when I’m unhooked

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889
    Options

That's one way to use it.

I also love using it when trying to remain unsee when injured. Keep in mind that I'm not an immersed player and that I love looping. Just sometimes I feel like the pressure needs to be taken off me

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474
    Options

Call me toxic, whatever, but I think it's fun to shadow the killer and make em chase rocks 😂

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

I love Diversion too. It's funny when the killer comes to your gen and you lead them in another direction.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

It’s best used while injured because they’ll think someone messed up a healing skill check, have fun!

• sir_pookychan
    sir_pookychan Member Posts: 16
    Options

Diversion is my favourite perk, it's gotten me out of so many sticky situations. My two favourite times were:

I was being chased by legion on crotus asylum, last man alive and he's right behind me. I jump out the window on top of the asylum, throw a pebble as soon as I hit the ground. A second later legion lands in front of me and chases the pebble. I run around, make it to a half open exit gate and open it just before he arrives.

Another time I was against Myers. Exit gates are open, he had noed and make your choice, someone's hooked in the basement. He chased someone out, I unhook the basement person and he's on his way back. Hooked person sneaks in a locker, I sprint around leaving a trail, crouch behind the killers shack and throw a pebble the direction of the opposite exit gate. Mikey strolls right past me and we both leg it to the already exit gate and escape.

Love it!!!

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

Hmm. I never care about fake noise notifications during chases. As Hag I get them every game, because survivors trigger traps that I dont need when I chase someone. Probably, its only good vs baby killers.

• PapiQuentin_
    Options

No. It works a lot more than I would've thought it did.

• PapiQuentin_
    Options

One I had was when it was me and a random Dwight left and it was an Oni. I was injured and on death hook and Dwight was trying to get the last gen done. Dwight got hit off the gen and ran away, i threw a pebble towards where Dwight was being chased. The notification made the Oni think that Dwight vaulted the window so he lost him. Me and Dwight ran back to the gen and finished it. I died due to NOED but Dwight got out

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

my problem is that its just too clunky to use.

The idea is fun, but the execution is lousy, having to crouch and having the stone fly the way your character is facing rather then where you are aiming the camera is just....bad

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever had it used against me. . . maybe once? I really can't recall the last time I saw that perk in a build. . . this is bugging me now.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    edited January 2020
    Options

Issue with Diversion imo is that some killers you just cannot proc it on. The radius is also so small that whenever I have tried it(which I have recently, believe me, this is how I know about the issues of the perk), they just search the general area and can find you. If it was distance based instead of Terror Radius based it'd be a bit better at least, but with the introduction of undetectable and oblivious, things that are terror radius based now have issues that either haven't or won't be solved.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

I used to run the perk a lot, I just never found use in it. It would always be charged I'd just never use it.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

-throws diversion-

-killer checks random locker-

........whoops, sorry Meg

• Kongtwenty12
    Kongtwenty12 Member Posts: 140
    Options

I agree bad against one killer means it's bad for every killer and only babies would fall for it. That makes sense

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    Options

Um the perk is called Pebble, don't title bait me by making up a fake perk name.

• PapiQuentin_
    Options

Oh I know. Some people are uncultured and would try to correct me :D

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Options

I use it, and let me tell you, throwing a pebble at the killer is one hell of a power move.

But it’s also super useful, especially when injured or near a jungle gym, since I can have a clean get away with DWM.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Quick, use it before it becomes used in 80% of games and changed to have a 5m range and one time use per match because of its "overwhelming use".