Would you rather...?

Options
Carlosylu
Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

A survivor is hooked, all gens done, NOED active, 4 alive, you have a challenge that needs you to escape... Would you rather:

A. Escape, I'm not gonna risk my challenge

B. Try to be the hero by finding NOED or even try to unhook if it's nowhere to be found wether or not you're dying too or in his place

C. Stay by the exit gates doing nothing to justifty the killer "made you leave"

D. other

This is not intended as a poll, I wanna know how you act most of the times in this scenario.

EDIT: Use two answers, one for when in SWF and one for when in solo

Comments

• Carlosylu
    edited January 2020
    Options

For me it's B in both scenarios.... I always try to be the hero...

• horsegod386
    horsegod386 Member Posts: 91
    Options

Depends if im swf or not, if im not swf I more often than not will just insta-leave. its not worth it either you both end up going down or they escape and you go down because there is no co-ordination with randoms.

if swf one of us always runs BT so getting those endgame noed unhooks is a no brainer

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599
    Options

With a challenge I would leave. But I'll try to help with protection hits or something, so I probably gonna stay near exit in case I needed. NOED can be cleansed while I wait, just standing around might create some distraction for the killer while someone else is cleansing/unhooking. Without a challenge I would definitely go and try to save the guy. Playing survivor is boring enough already.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options

B or C, depends if I liked my teammates

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

D. Butt dance for the killer to show mercy. If anything, he will be mesmerized by my cute Dweet butt and my teammates will have a chance to go for the save.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    Options

SWF: D

Solo: D

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

Mostly A... but before I run out, I'm gonna sit there and t-bag and point at the hooked survivor all the while I'm laughing my ass off.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Solo

It depends if I need to just escape or escape with an item / with a certain character.

In the latter case I'll just fly away, in the former, since it's not that difficult, I'll go search for Noed.

Swf

I don't ever play swf because I'm a good person and I don't want to condemn my soul to hell.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options
  • honestlybaffled
    honestlybaffled Member Posts: 175
    Options

I'll try to find the totem but I won't risk giving the killer 2+ kills.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

It depends on how my games are going and what the killer is doing so it could be either A or B.

If the killer is camping with NOED I'd normally do a search for the totem around the map away from them. If they are not I'll search the immediate area for it while keeping a safe distance so I can get out.

If it's been one of those days where those I am matched with go down fast then I'd rather not risk my chance for the challenge and die trying to be a hero and I've lived long enough to become the villain in this one game muhaha.

• Carlosylu
    Options

"Finally! The 4th person joined the SWF red ranks party!"

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

Depends on my teammates both when i'm solo and swf. If they played as potatoes ######### them i'm leaving. Challenge or not.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

4 alive at the end. I'm not rewarding their use of noed by giving them more than 1kill.

If I'm in a swf that's how we all play. We look around a bit while ensuring we can get out if needed. No noed snowball on our swf. 3 escapes is a win in my book.

• Ol_Philly_Six
    Ol_Philly_Six Member Posts: 35
    Options

Look for totem. But if I can't find and they're time is running out, find another survivor and try to:

A. get hook while they distract the killer

Or

B. Try to distract the killer while they get the hook.

More often than not I just end up dying instead of them though.

Also, you might be surprised to hear that SWF doesn't mean 4 [BAD WORD]s with torches using death squad tactics, it's possible to have friends that play the same game as you and not be a [BAD WORD].

• PokemonGOPlayer
    PokemonGOPlayer Member Posts: 179
    Options

Easiest A of my life.

I only play Solo.

• asergioam
    asergioam Member Posts: 363
    Options

It really depends on a lot of factors.

In swf I will probably leave since they understand the reason. It's easier to do it in swf as I would tell them to leave in those situations. Actually, in swf, since I know pre game that they have a challenge or they know in advance that I have a challenge, we just help each other to achieve it.

In solo, it depends on several factors. Am I having an hard time completting the said challenge? Is it my first or second try? Is it a daily ritual or a challenge from the tome? Do I have an idea were the totem might be? Does the ecg has started?

The answers to this questions a others that my come up in the situation will determine my course of action.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,826
    Options

Solo survivor here, checking in to say... A. I'm terrible at surviving, so if I have a challenge to do and the chance to escape, then I'm leaving. I may waver a bit and even hover at the exit gate until the killer chases me out, but I've ditched hooked survivors to complete achievements in the past.

The exception to this is if the other random survivors I was playing with were nice and had saved me a bunch or something. Then, yeah, I might do B. But it depends on the other survivors, 'cause I'm not losing out on my challenge for some unknowns I never even saw all match.

If I'm playing with friends... I dunno. I haven't done that in many months.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

I play solo queue always. I'd try to make the save, or if I knew the Killer was hanging around the hook, take a quick look around for the totem before going in for the save. Hopefully I have BT in my kit, so the person I unhook can gtfo easier, I don't always run it. Either way though, if it ends up with 2 on the hook, I'm still going to take a shot at it.

Escaping is secondary to me. If everyone else isn't going in for it, I'll YOLO save if I have to. Gotta give that person at least one more chance to get out. Even if they die, I did everything I could to try and save them, and that makes me happy.

fwiw, yeah, I hook trade a lot and end up dying. Lol. But damn it's fun to take the chance. Usually end up saving the person so that works out in the end. The best ones are when everyone swarms the hook, Killer comes in drooling, NOED gets busted and we all get out alive. That's not very common though. Usually it's someone else on the hook, maybe 2, and I'm giggling in post-game because it was funny AF to watch the Killer go "tfw this #########?" while we lemming on into his/her arms.

• yeosin
    yeosin Member Posts: 13
    Options

Well I run BT at all times these days because alot of the killers seem to either have NOED, BW, or just camp and tunnel that one person after the last gen is popped. So it doesn't really matter to me if im playing alone or swf. I'll try to find the totem or just save if possible even if i died doing it or not because I don't really care as long as im having fun. There are sometimes when playing swf where you or your friends just say leave them and everyone just leaves if the killer is really just annoying the whole game and uk you won't be able to unhook them. So eh...

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

I would go for A both solo and SWF

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

YEET

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,525
    Options

B... Then get as far as the Terror Radius, turn around and A my cowardly ass out of there!

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2020
    Options

A for both. Objective is to survive and escape and the survivor on the hook failed in both categories.

Even if I'm on the hook with the gates open, I never expect a save. When another survivor does inevitably pull me off the hook just to go down in the process and get hooked themselves, well sorry pal you made your choice and I'll make mine.

The fogs a cruel place

• monstermaster42
    monstermaster42 Member Posts: 81
    Options

B solo A SWF

• cosmicvolts
    cosmicvolts Member Posts: 312
    Options

B/ always b....

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526
    Options

I'll search for NOED and pay heavy attention to the killers location. If they did leave the hook far enough for me to safely get an unhook I might try it. But generally I'll stay far enough away at all times that I can escape and the killer doesn't get another kill.

So a mix of A, B, and C. I'll escape if I think there is a chance I might die. I'll look for noed, and attempt to save if I think their is a chance that I will not die. And I'll stay by the exit gates while casually looking around for the NOED if I think their is a chance I'll die. lol

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838
    Options

Insta leave as solo, but as SWF, all of us go back for the guy on hook... And die in the process ;)

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

If I'm solo and the challenge is a rift challenge. then i'll just leave 100%.

However. if the challenge is a daily ritual, or i am in swf. I'll firstly check the killer. if he's chasing someone. I'll attempt to save with a 99%'d sprint burst. But if he was camping. I'll just search for the hex totem. because saving someone while the killer is camping him with noed won't work most of the times. and will just be a trade.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651
    Options

Depends on the challenge, if it was a simple "just escape" then i will go totem hunting. If it was something like the dark senses or spine chill challenge, then peace out I am leaving.

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 446
    Options

A. All the way.

I usually play a stealthy/selfish playstyle. Mostly why I like running Sole Survivor. I always leave it to my teammates often. I always go straight to the escape.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

It's my current Challenge, meaning i activated it, meaning i want to go for it.

A, easily.

• Carlosylu
    Options

Sometimes we're the hero when we're not supposed to... I know the feeling

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

A if solo

B if in SWF

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

Gonna go looking for NOED, leaving unhook for team.

Tho, if everyone just die too quick cause of NOED, I'll leave most likely.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Same. In swf I know I can try for the challenge next round, you never know what is gonna happen in solo.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

A when solo before 10 minutes. C if I was in game less than 10 minutes (Iridescent shards max at 10 minutes).

B if in a SWF, I don't care about my dailies, I care more about having fun. I'll do my daily's later.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2020
    Options

I've done B so many times and paid for it, and been left behind as no one ever returns the favor if I am the one hooked....so more and more likely to go with A every time that happens.

• Carlosylu
    Options

I keep saying that to mayself and I0m still doing B... Hehehehe

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Options

A.

Look, I can’t be able to find the totem and get to the survivors hooked by the time EGC starts, and that’s not assuming that the killer isn’t proxying. Normally I would pick B, but if I have a challenge I’d like to get it complete, and since no one else is gonna bother with NOED, I can’t risk the killer getting another kill because my teammate unluckily got down in the worst time possible.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

B If I don't have a daily.

I don't SWF.

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270
    Options

D

If the teammate has been good then I'll try to save them by looking for totems or saving them if I have a fair amount of safety. If they were utterly useless and hid all round not doing gens then I'll likely leave them to die but if other people are going for them I'll wait for them.

If I'm in a SWF I'll try to my friends regardless as it makes the game more intense unless they ask me to go or they are being facecamped, a random opens the door and we can't find the totem

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

I don't care about my teammates, it's a matter of bloodpoints for me and having fun for me, if it's a SWF, I might make a save if I have a back up and Borrowed Time to save them, cause I don't care about dying, otherwise, I'll leave on my own accord, regardless of NOED or not, if my teammates don't want to help me, they can die alone.

• SanityNight
    SanityNight Member Posts: 101
    Options

For me I always fall with B, even though I die 90% I try to pull something off like that.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

If I feel confident enough to find the totem (like if I know where 3 totems were broken) then I'd find the totem then go for a save. If not then I'll run distraction as best I can while the others go for the save and/or totem, escaping as soon as I feel that I'm gonna get caught.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

A. No question.

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175
    Options

D. Look for the totem while also looking for the opportunity to save or distract.

I don't SWF so I dunno what I would do in that situation.