The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Adress 99%ing the exit gates.

2Β»

Comments

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Except you can open the gate as killer sooo.... It's ONLY there to prevent hostage, not pressure survivors out so you can get a kill, survivors are supposed to save each other.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

If they do so, you can open the gate and force the EGC to start.

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428

The killer is under no added pressure during EGC. That happened the moment the last gen popped. EGC is entirely to make survivors leave. 99'ing a gate is to try and help teammates before putting them under added pressure. Yes, the slowdown is entirely designed to give the survivors a chance to save. You are not entitled to a kill because you surprise-downed a survivor with NOED.

If you want kills, try earning them before they finish the gens. EGC is to make the game end once it is basically over. It's already heavily in favor of killers. All you have to do is keep a survivor on the wrong side of a loop during it and it's a free kill.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

From my experience I am not always allowed to open the exit gates as a killer:

Some for obvious reasons like once you close the hatch you can no longer open the exit gates as EGC has started.

While other times I couldn't open the exit gates even if I wanted to.

So can I ask this: What are the conditions that prevent a killer from opening an exit gate?

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

This is just to regard as a second chance if the survivors are considered dead at that point. As EGC is not to kill but to end the game, it is not a second chance

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

You can open it only if all gens are done and the EGC has not started yet (by closing the hatch, which you can do before the last gen is finished)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Closing the Hatch & opening 1 Exit Gate starts the EGC.

When the EGC has started, you can still close Hatches, but you can't open any Exit Gates.

Of course, you can't open an Exit Gate until all Generators are repaired.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

Does that means survivors are also not entitled to key/hatch escapes when they haven't done a single gen?

If so, I agree with you.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

So again, IF its actually over, then why does the game not just end the moment the last gen is popped?

Lets forget NoeD all together and just have the game end then right?

Might sound weird but im more in favor of skipping the bs and just doing it that way then ellongating the match further for apperently no reason.

• ZoneDymo
    edited January 2020

Ok soo lets see here:

It wasnt the most interesting gameplay....yes 99ning a gate and then not having to worry about that at all, that, that is some interesting gameplay....

It removed close calls? what do you mean, it would introduce close calls more then anything, survivors running to a gate HOPING someone is there opening it for them? THAT is a close call, 99ning means its open with a single tap, that removes the idea of a close call entirely.

People could have someone stand there and keep the gates ready to open....yeah...thats the risk....that is exactly what would make it interesting.

You can go out with 3 survivors to save the person on the hook with the risk of not even able to open the door in time

OR, you can have 1 person behind making sure the door will be open when it needs to be and just going in with 2 survivors which will bare its own risks...

ORRR, you DO open the gate, go in with 3 people, now you have the risk of bloodwarden and the pressure of the EGC but you are a 3 man team and no doors are in the way.

That is the choice, thats gameplay, thats the game... that is exactly why this 99ing is bs, it just circumvents any pressure the EGC or closed doors could provide, the fun pressure it might offer.

If the killer has to open the gate, then the person will just be unhooked and everyone escapes, so what does the killer do? they camp, and against what? a squad with DS BT and some bodyblocking to the exit gates which now opens with a single tap....aka no fun for anyone involved.

Again if you want it to be over after the last gen is done just end it, why this nonsense time wasting?

Post edited by ZoneDymo on
  • VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

You need to not rely on downing and killing people off after they have done all 5 gens and practically opened a gate. Any kill you get at that point is a lucky break like the hatch for Survivors. Find them/it first or lose.

• PyroGL
    PyroGL Member Posts: 239

Killers don't have time to open the gates themselves. They are typically in a chase already and breaking it just to open the 99%ed door is basically an automatic loss of the chase, and more than likely any shot at the kill. Not sure why everyone keeps saying this is the preferred tactic to use once the gates are powered.

Also, everyone saying "Killers aren't entitled to one last kill or a 4k" etc, please stop. This line of thinking is easily flipped around to "Survivors aren't entitled to the save or escape". No, the EGC is not meant to add lethality, but the fact that it can be delayed until its completely convenient for the Survivors to start is what makes the tactic feel cheap.

Also, Bloodwarden being counter-played with such ease, makes it basically a dead perk. That is really unfortunate for such an interesting perk.

• Please don't act or imply I said the latter when I have never done so. Putting words in someone's mouth is not a discussion.

Yeah that's fair (I have no idea why I forgot they could do that lol), though if you hook someone you have to walk over to the gate to activate it otherwise it will go on forever, the duration of endgame is already long enough for everything it's used for anyways. Also it hard counters blood warden but I think that is intentional? I dunno....

The only real issue I ever had personally with endgame tbh was that it goes on for so long when everyone is in a gate and teabagging you at two gates, so you have to go to each gate and they won't leave until right before you get a hit on them. It's literally the most minor inconvenience I could complain about though. I think endgame is fine as is for the most part.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited January 2020

You realize that 1v1's at EGC would be even harder than it currently is? If the gates regressed, you couldn't do anything. Because usually if the gates are close you pick away at the gates bit by bit.

The killer already has a way to prevent 99's. You can open it yourself.

Like someone else said, the EGC was implemented strictly for hostage situations, not free kills every game.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

I have been wanting a gate regression for some time myself because of the 99% thing. Have a killer hit it with his weapon to take it down a bit. Not regress over time even. This gives you the same "Killer can open the gate himself" thing becasue he has to make the choice to go to a gate. Survivors can still pre-open the gate a bit (before the light comes on) to give them a head start the killer can't see. (maybe even only be able to smack the gate handle once the third light is on).

This is why I asked to implement an ETB (experimental test beta) in another thread. Let us see how bad these things are ourselves. Get the community on the devs side for some decisions when they see "yeah that's terrible". Call it "I told you so" mode for all I care but let the community (who the devs keep saying the "game belongs to") in on some of these ideas before trying them out en masse'.

• ZoneDymo

nobody is talking about free kills, im talking about circumventing a game mechanic entirely and creating a boring safe zone.

• AlbinoViera
    AlbinoViera Member Posts: 169
    edited January 2020

That really doesn't help the case for people saying BEhaviour doesn't play/aren't good, at their own game.

Let me get this straight, a person having to hold onto the exit gate and keep it close to being opened, is LESS interesting than just getting it to 99% and bum-rushing the killer to get the last guy off the hook, who would almost certainly escape thanks to body-blocking, Borrowed Time, Decisive, Dead Hard, Adrenaline, flash-light saves, and good old-fashioned jungle-gyms right outside the exit gate?

[By the way, I see those perks 100% of the time in red-ranks. When are the devs gonna look at how they're frustrating to play against and make them useless for most people?]

That, versus having to have a person stay on the exit gate, giving the killer an option of camping or pressuring the doors (Thought you guys would have thought of that, seeing as ya LOVE making the killer work harder as is clear in your Ruin nerf reasoning.)

I don't know, really.. Which could possibly be more interesting and fair out of the two.. Having the doors be 99'd so they only need the smallest of taps before letting the survivors escape with the killer having no way to counter it, because opening the gate is a guaranteed escape for anyone on hook and/or off hook, meaning they have to camp whoever they have left (as is the case most of the time) while being bum-rushed by the other survivor/s who 9/10 times gets the other guy off the hook for the escape.

OR

Having the gates regressing/needing to be done in one go (like a totem.) Which would mean one survivor stays back and has to, keep hold of it so it doesn't regress, deal with the killer by themselves if they come to them, and/or time the opening so that the gates are open for their teammates when it's needed.

Geez.. I can't even remotely figure out which one's the better idea(!)

• Eclipse4598
    Eclipse4598 Member Posts: 14
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

The only thing about gates that should be changed is that if the third light is lit the killer should be able to damage the switch and cause it to regress to 75%.

• jzinsky
    jzinsky Member Posts: 112

Ok so how about this..

Ruin (new ruin) affects the gate same way it does the gens (destroying the totem doesn't stop the effect for the gate)

And\or an add on, or maybe an offering to do the same

And\or whoever opens the exit gate gets the exposed status unless they complete it or get chased off it

• Feyd

They are not entitled to anything. If they get to a hatch then they get the escape. They don't 'deserve' the escape, no. By finding it before the killer or using a key that the killer failed to keep from them, then they earned that escape, gens or not.

• Feyd

You can still get kills. You just aren't entitled to them. When the last gen pops, the game is basically over. Just like when you close the hatch, the game is basically over and nine times out of ten that last survivor is screwed.

Just because you have another chance to escape/get kills does not mean the game isn't basically over. That timer exists to end the game definitely. Last call. Do what you can while you can, but the game is essentially over.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I think EGC should be started right after 5 Gen is done, or the 3rd Survivor is dead. In exchange EGC time increased to 3mins.

Or the Gate auto regressing if you stop opening (at the rate of the same as open the Gate). So it force 1 Survivor to hold the Gate ready but not trigger EGC.

99% Gate feel like Entity gives Survivors fully in control.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

Whether the gates are 99d or not if you down a survivor the other survivors are under pressure to save them before they die on hook or bleed out of you decide to slug. Being that mostly all killers will now camp with no gens to patrol that is where your pressure comes from not a 2 min timer. Also, not opening the gate has been responsible for a lot of deaths. Unless someone is babysitting the gate, running to it with the killer on your heels is almost certain death. I don't see the problem with it. As many have said before if you want the timer pressure open it yourself. But of course you won't if you're standing in front of the hooked survivor.

• TraitorousLeopard
    TraitorousLeopard Member Posts: 156

I dunno about a base regression, but that sounds like it'd be a decent perk benefit. Remember Me might actually be worth using if, in addition to adding time to the gates, it also added regression.

• Calabrum
    Calabrum Member Posts: 102

I had already created a thread on this issue a few days ago. Some interesting ideas came out of it and Almo said she would look into them. So we might see some changes in the future. But for now the gates are staying the same.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited January 2020

Here's what I do as the killer to make sure I have a ton of pressure during the End Game:

Down a survivor, slug them, then open the Exit Gates. Obviously you can't do this if they are too far away, but it's something to consider if the Exit Gates are 10 seconds away from where you downed the survivor. You can also do this with hooks if you have Blood Warden, just hook them and open the Exit Gates if they are close by. You can easily force a hook trades with other survivors or pretend to be boosted by messing up during a chase. Then, once you get your next hook, boom, you caught them and if they unhook the survivor β€” the EGC isn't slown down and Blood Warden is keeping everyone contained.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698
    edited January 2020

Honestly. I am surprised that the new ruin, doesn't also effect the exit gates and if you are off them or let go, than it slowly drops the percentage of the gate down (as it will for gens). So, the effect would be tied to a perk I guess. You could argue ruin will never last that long, but will the new ruin? I don't know. But just an idea.

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

But that's why killer can go open doors, so survivors cant hold the game hostage πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

At least they give you an oppotunity and points for hitting, hooking, chasing after they've done all the gens...

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

no no no, you misunderstand, I'm just explaining why it is like it is, not at all implying that you said these things, but you can pop off if you like honey.

• Shi
    Shi Member Posts: 156

suggestion

Killers can close the gate, and Survivals can re-open it.

• acer20098
    acer20098 Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2020

if you remember a time before egc where the gates would open and the survivors would mess around for as long as they wanted, egc changes that since you have the ability to open the gates and force egc even if the gates were 99'ed. egc is meant to get rid of the survivors who still are lingering in the match, NOT to help you to kill them. you may say that since the timer slows when a survivor is downed, then its survivor sided, but no. like i was saying before, survivors wouldve had unlimited time before egc to save. so even if egc slows for a downed survivor, it does not mean it is survivor sided, its just trying to give them a bit more time to save.