Do survivors need to get good?

supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

I mean its the reason for the ruin nerf. And partially the doctors rework. And now people are complaining about billy who hasnt changed so i dont see why the sudden surge of "billy op". Loop him like every other killer and dont get caught out of position. Dont want to say get good but i have no problems with him. And i do just fine without Ruin so im doing just fine without it. Billy actually represents a good example of a killer if they want to keep making huge maps. Great map pressure and he punishes survivors mistakes with a one hit down (which is easily avoidable). Then you have clown who kinda needed ruin because if he gets a huge map he cant zoom between gens. We honestly need more killers like hillbilly and freddy who can pressure gens effectively. What happened to killers are supposed to be feared and survivors are just supposed to barely make it out alive? Sincerly Rank 4 survivor and rank 5 killer.

Comments

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

No. They need only complain on the forums.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
    edited January 2020

Yup cant handle something just complain about it and theyll fix it even if it doesnt need fixed.

• ChunChunMaru
    ChunChunMaru Member Posts: 52

It should be harder to get into red ranks but generally yes, survivors do need to "get good". It makes ZERO sense as a casual or competitive game, to ignore what good players can do in your game, in favor of those who are running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

They can all reach red ranks now by holding M1 :D

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

They keep making survivor game play easier and easier. All survivors have to do to reach Red Ranks is play.

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

Survivors only need to get good, but Killers on the other hand need to be better than that in order for DbD to be "balanced".

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Do killers need to get good? No they need old Ruin back.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited January 2020

3 survivors just dced from Tru3s game. All red rank and some of them were even running running calm spirit against the new doctor. I don't even like Tru3 that much, I'm only watching him to see the new changes.

If that isn't a sign that some survivors are ######### at this game I don't know what is.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Why "get good" as a survivor when you can play half-competently and get to red ranks?

Every form of reward DBD offers, Survivors get with less work than Killers.

Ranking/Pipping is easier to get as Surviors, Adept achievements are (at least) 100x easier to get with Survivors.

While Killers get more BP on average the BP changes from a few months ago started addressing this to support Survivors BP gains. They now get a $%^& ton of BP during the EGC while Killers earn less. One of the reasons to play Killer was if you wanted to make a bunch of BP, but that isn't really a reason any more.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Worse the survivors were the better Ruin was so you could say it was l2p issue for survivors. Its just that 99% of survivors fit that category so it was needed nerf for the majority.

Too bad the ruin nerf should have also included overhaul of multiple maps where its impossible to apply pressure with killers that have no mobility.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Yes, it's way easier to get to red ranks as survivor than as a killer so, if they are complaining, yes, they need to get good...

Red ranks both killer and survivor XBOX