We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Crossplay.

Unicorn
Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Do you think players on PC will have advantage over players on console if BHVR were to implement cross-platform?

Comments

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Definitely. However my friends that play on controller on PC does not see a huge difference.

I hope they cross platform xbox and PC soon, because I have some friends that want to join us.

• ReallyBigShoe
    ReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 764

The ONLY real disadvantage would be framerate. Which is HUGE, and a good enough reason not to do it, but it's still the only reason.

Survivors who use a controller can do literally everything survivors using KB+M can do, and just as well with no compromise (you can't moonwalk as easy, boo hoo). They are not at a disadvantage because of their use of a controller as a survivor, and therefore would not be at a disadvantage facing PC killers.

Killers using a controller would be in about the same spot they are now on console. They would be limited, but there wouldn't be anything different for them.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Yes. It a lot more easier to hit then as killer and make 360 when survivor

• ReallyBigShoe
  • USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

I don't think, also I only play on keyboard so I don't know exactly

• ReallyBigShoe

Literally, on controller all you have to do is hold the movement stick one way, and turn the other one in the opposite direction.

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392

i think the only thing is that 360 e easier on a joystick but i don't know also isn't hard doing on keyboard

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

I think it'd be nice if crossplatform was a thing when the new consoles came out frame rate would have to be consistent and i think mouse and keyboard would have to be enabled for consoles.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Survivors would be no different. A console survivor and a PC survivor are basically played the same.

Killer is a different story though. PC killers obviously have the upper hand due to controller limitations.

• NittanyBruin1719
    NittanyBruin1719 Member Posts: 46

Interesting, so is this something ya'll may eventually pursue? I have friends who have been playing for a long time on PC who I'd love to play with. Also, as someone new to the community, are there any planned changes to matchmaking? As a level 19 killer I keep getting paired with survivors hovering around rank 11-13 making for quite the frustrating learning experience.

I just found this forum today and have noticed devs seem to be avoiding threads discussing matchmaking issues. If this is a topic that has already been addressed--thus the disregard for those threads--my apologies! Was just curious as someone brand new to the game experiencing some minor frustration.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,511

Purely speaking from my own personal experience there, not on an official capacity. The most we've said about crossplay is that it's something we might consider looking into in the future, nothing more.

• Ultra_Dyce
    Ultra_Dyce Member Posts: 16

Not really, I would only think it would matter on huntress or nurse. Especially nurse, where you need to do a 360 if the survivor is leaping across pallets. For the M1 killers I doubt it will matter.

The main advantage is that DBD on xbox / PS4 are practically unplayable because of the frame rate. That should really be fixed before they add crossplay. It blows my mind I can be getting super smooth frames on a game that looks 2x as good, like apex, but DBD is a slideshow most of the time.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Precision is a factor for survivor when it comes to M&K vs controller.

A M&K can make sharper turns than a controller.

Ex: With M&K you can do a very quick 180 to try and dodge Billy's chainsaw if he is curving around a loop. You can't react fast enough with a controller on the other hand.

I've actually seen a survivor 180 a really skilled Billy with Doom Engravings.

This precise movement from a M&K is helpful when trying to dodge hatchets as well.

The point is M&K survivors with fast reactions will have an advantage over controller players by virtue of a mouse and keyboard being superior hardware.

• Mister_Holdout

Yes, PC players will have an advantage.

I've played on both platforms, and a M&K is much better than a controller.

• Ultra_Dyce
    Ultra_Dyce Member Posts: 16

You can go watch plenty of rank 1 survivors and killers play with a controller. Brother cope / liltinyplane comes to mind. I personally play survivor with a controller and killer with a mouse and keyboard, because it's way more comfortable to hold X all game then hold M1 all game as survivor. I feel like it's easier to 360 on a controller as well.

• Mister_Holdout

You should watch Vooshy play survivor. He can do some really incredible things as survivor.

I didn't realize just how valuable a M&K was until I saw him play.

Again, like I said, M&K has superior movement.

And FYI, Brother Cope has said himself personally that he is a very average player.