Ruin is decent

(killer) Ruin is actually pretty decent now, it just needs to be combined with other perks for it to be really good and it mostly benefits certain killers w/ high mobility. It's tougher now for killers to deal with early game but hopefully people will adjust.

Comments

• Lucama
    Lucama Member Posts: 461

Lolno. It would be if base regression rate wasn't 1/4 of the rate at which a survs repairs. Right now Ruin would suck as a non-hex perk.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

A dev walks into a bar and the bartender asks them what they'll be having.

"I'll take a "Hex: Ruin", its a drink that always takes super long to finish. Definitely a late-game type of item."

The entire bar laughs and throws the dev out on his arse.

• ElementDoom
    ElementDoom Member Posts: 166

Require's other perks to have a noticeable benefit

Require's High mobility to be able to use that benefit properly

Can be cleansed

And then it's DECENT

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

I absolutly disagree. As a survivor, ruin is meaningless to me. In early it is totally useless, and in endgame, when it could be good, it is cleansed. It will become niche if anything.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

People used ruin because they felt they needed it, arguably the case on some of the larger maps for certain killers

i never liked having to run it but I did for that reason, having to use multiple perks to get value out of it is even worse

Corrupt is the way now

• memiieko
    memiieko Member Posts: 187

1/2 at Level 3 but I get you. I honestly think it's balanced because when you maintain good pressure then you can slow the game down a good amount, obviously it's not as god tier as old ruin but I still think it has value and shouldn't be discarded immidiately. However, this whole thing could've been avoided if it weren't for somewhat busted gen speeds or lack of secondary onjs

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Its a totally different kind of perk. You can’t just throw it on and forget, but with certain builds and playstyles it can be really strong.

Basically if you want to get creative and can play well it will be strong. If you’re just looking for an ez perk to buy you free gen slowdown then it’s useless.

I can’t wait until someone like Otzdarva puts out some great builds with it.

• memiieko
    memiieko Member Posts: 187

I'm just saying it's decent for the roles that use it well but obviously it's nowhere near as good as old ruin. I personally think they should ignore the stupid lore behind hag and just actually make it non-hex but then it might be a bit too powerful, it might be hard to get a perfect balance with ruin

• DeathBeam
    DeathBeam Member Posts: 259

It's garbage for most killers and you need Surveillance for it to be any use, not to mention you can't use surge and PGTW with it active.

• Lucama

But if you're by some miracle maintaining enough pressure for ruin to matter then it's already a won game, mostly because it means the survs are really bad.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    edited January 2020

You can only chase 1 person at a time and there isn't a need to get off a gen unless the killer pushes you off so 3 gens pop in the first chase and the killer has 1 hook

• LewdSies
    LewdSies Member Posts: 21

New ruin is very good. The problem falls on hex totems in general. Ive had games where it would be over in a second if I didnt have ruin on my 3 gen, the problem is is that 95% of the games it doesnt even last past the first gen.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I have to disagree. The effect isn't that powerful, especially in the early game, and it is pretty bad on its own. To top it off, it is still a Hex perk. Even if it did do something, it would likely be cleansed in 30 seconds.

• Hypocryte
    Hypocryte Member Posts: 4

Ruin is worthless for most killers, only time it might become useful is if survivors gen block themselves and somehow it is not cleansed. People know ruin is worthless now so gen rush is real right now. 3 gens are done before you can hook someone as a killer now.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I ran ruin on Trapper, New Doc, Pig and Shape today. I noticed survivors ignoring it more so than usual. My play style is very aggressive in gen protection, so it worked very well for me. I'm more than willing to peel off of a chase to nowhere in order to keep pushing people off gens. Now, I don't have to take the time to kick them when I chase them off. My matches snowballed much faster due to that.

My play style is now how others use it though. I played a bit of survivor tonight and saw many killers trying to rely on ruin while camping/tunneling a survivor down. Ruin did nothing for them because survivors sat on gens. I ran a killer for three gens in an area of the map where there were no gens. That was insane to me. Why chase me in a dead zone when you are losing gens? He expected ruin to do his work and it won't do it anymore.

Is that good or bad? I don't know. I do know that killers will have to be smarter in order to make it work for them.

Honestly, I broke my reliance on Ruin almost a year ago. I got tired of it going bye-bye in 2 minutes and then I'm down to 3 perks for the game. If I ran BW, I'm down to 2 until they open gates. Nope. I started getting creative and found things that work for me. What works for me, might not work for others though.

• Lucama

I mean that's nice and all but your playstyle only works until you run into good survivors who know when they can stick onto a gen. Peeling off a chase to pressure someone else works, but you also need to commit to chases cause how much you can regress them for will never beat out survivor's repair speed, so you'll just lose very slowly.

• BabyBubbaMain
    BabyBubbaMain Member Posts: 97

Yeah it’s decent until Nancy with Inner strength spawns on it across the map, cleansing it in the first 30 seconds and then you have 2-3 wasted perk slots that were there to make ruin “decent”.

When I see people using new ruin it makes me laugh because in my opinion it’s a wasted perk slot, even on high mobility killers. It still gets cleansed every single game in the first 2 minutes in red ranks.

Just use any other perk that doesn’t get taken away by survivors in the first 2 minutes

• Warlock_2020

@Lucama I face good survivors all the time. I don't just drop chases constantly, but I don't stick to every chase like a hound dog either. If I see more benefit to pressuring gens and trying to catch a survivor out of position, near a bad loop, then I do that. Therefore, keeping them off the gens works well. I don't waste time just to get one down and lose 3 gens. That is not beneficial to any killer in my book.

I have had 1 survivor escape all night, and the funny part is he was the only non red/purple rank survivor I faced. I've had multiple swfs and some really good groups, but I pick my fights well. This was a good night, admittedly. Tomorrow might be filled with me getting lots of hooks and seeing 2 escape, but that is how it goes. Ruin has nothing to do with either set of matches. How I play and the mistakes I either make or capitalize on do.

• Lucama

So you play as any decent killer would. Ruin is just win more, if the survivors are letting you put enough pressure out there then it works, good survivors will make that pointless.

• Warlock_2020

Good killers can confuse good survivors. If you are predictable, they will eat you alive.

We will never agree on this, so you hold on to your view and I'll hold on to mine. Good luck out there.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Ruin is useless. It does nothing to slow the first 1 or 2 gens when killers have no pressure, which is the real issue.

• kurgan8282
    kurgan8282 Member Posts: 264

i agree, it would be as strong as a perk like thanatophobia and even weaker than dying light, the fact that it's an hex makes everything even more laughable.

Probably one of the most useless perks ever thought.