The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How has everyone’s games been since the patch ?

2»

Comments

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

The fact that you can do that perfectly highlights how badly balanced the game is.

There should never be a way to 1v1 a killer for 9 minutes.

• balenciaga
    balenciaga Member Posts: 21

they've been okay, just seem like a regular match of DBD to me

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452

There can be if the killer isn't good and the survivor is good.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068
  • adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,081
    edited January 2020

Tbh fairly good. It was mostly 3-4 kills today. As long as you play a top tier killer or a killer with a strong early game, you will be fine.

• HauntedMandalorian
    HauntedMandalorian Member Posts: 99

About the same. I love the fireworks in the match, they're pretty fun. They took me off guard for my first match when I hooked someone.

I've mostly been playing as The Doctor, I like not having to transition between the two modes. He's a lot more convenient to use, and a lot more dangerous with that new Power of his. I've won most of my matches as him, and did terribly with the others. So, he's still very much beatable. I never use Ruin, so that's a non-factor for me.

I'll mostly play Survivor for my next gaming session to see how this new Ruin feels and to see what it's like on the flip side of The Doctor.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

Moving overall as survivor is a lot smoother than it was originally, and the game moves a bit faster due to ruin being nerfed.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

It’s probably a new feature that was quietly implemented rather than being a bug. You know, the developers need to appease their target clientele and make things easier for them.

• HarryToeknuckles
    HarryToeknuckles Member Posts: 158

A lot more lag on PS4. Everything that seemed to be improved took a step back with that last update.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

I don't play killer in 16 days and my last survivor match was a 12 minute queue for an 8 minute game against a noed legion that got his first hook when the gates were powered and got two kills because I couldn't give a ######### and go back to save people against noed

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Survivor Ques are really long, and matches are really short. There also is very little attention needed to play survivor, me and my gf started to watch shows while playing together.

Killer has been weird, idk how but I think matchmaking has gotten even worse. I am seeing survivors make very bad plays as red ranks, and I keep facing green/yellow ranks in red. Then out of no where I face just 4man swfs for 6 trials in a row. Also when did survivors get so many toolboxes? To be honest it's a stressful, confusing ######### show,

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765

Face camping and tunneling killers (can't even blame them) while survivors get all gens done and escape. BHVR has truly ######### their own game in one easy step.

• ImLeslieKetamine
    ImLeslieKetamine Member Posts: 119

I haven't lost a game yet, but that's because the survivors I've played against have been downright bad to the point where I thought matchmaking was messed up (nope, they were all red ranks).

However, each game has had three or less gens remaining.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, and that I always want a 4k with 5 Gens remaining, but when an awful team can get demolished by Ghostface and Doctor (granted they may not know how to counter him) at Red Ranks, where they SHOULD be good players. It really shows that against halfway decent loopers? Ruin was a necessity.

However, Lery's is amazing and Oni is playable again.

• Dythos
    Dythos Member Posts: 46

Overall, the game are very short (sub 5 minutes) and unrewarding. Having to chase the killer to get anything that looks like blood points. Gens are just done too fast, or the opposite where the killer is having to bring a mori to have a chance.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

4 gens done/2 hooks from me most of the games now. Worst thing,i actually manage to keep the last gen for a fairly long time before the team finishes it and end up getting a 2k,3k but it doesn't feel like a win. With oni tho,it's another story. I can put so much pressure by slugging,haven't lost a game yet

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

my matches as both killer and survivor have been normal, just like before the patch. the only thing i have noticed is survivor q times are slightly longer

• Siren
    Siren Member Posts: 71
    edited January 2020

I'm seeing a lot of people saying they had longer survivor queue times, but I've had the complete opposite with almost instant queues as a survivor? Games have been about the same. Killers might be a tad bit more aggressive, but it's manageable.

Matchmaking is indeed still broken, poor baby killers getting rank 4/5 survivors, that should be something that's a priority fix tbh.

Killer hasn't changed for me, I've never needed the ruin crutch to "win" as killer, won't need it now.

I've actually had a few games lost because of ruin. If you can't find that totem, and the killer knows how to apply gen pressure, you're actually screwed. If survivors find the totem, well, you're just in the same boat as before with the old ruin when it was cleansed early. This ruin is actually much stronger than the old ruin, I love it.

• DeathBeam
    DeathBeam Member Posts: 259

Slugging and camping have become more common along with bird and blood warden. I had to drop hag and freddy because of their new bugs. So I mostly use Oni and Billy with perks good for slugging since CI and Ruin aren't worth anything.

• ReallyBigShoe
    ReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 764

Survivor games have been easy street.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Terrible. Playing killer at 10 fps is no fun at all

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Either it's a complete slaughter or gens are done in 4 minutes. Unless I play solo survivor, then all of my teammates have generator phobia (and now they don't have the excuse of ruin existing, so now you know they're just useless dead weight).

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Mori is life now Groot. Mori everyone and everything <3

Nah jokes aside I've been doing the same as before still getting between 3k and 4k with consistancy. Nothing changed except I threw Franklin's onto my build now. Hag is amusing with Franklin's.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Still easy and boring

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

The worst moments I've had are because of random team mates. I've had some of the most selfish incompetent potatoes the last couple of days.

Its no wonder so many people swf.