The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How has everyone’s games been since the patch ?

For my side on survive noticed longer q times

huge use of noed and an increase of tunneling and camping

on the killer side I’ve noticed very fast lobby times , I have been using nurse so I really can’t say anything about gen speed but sometimes I play rlly bad and make some mistakes causing gens to fly by , survivors bringing maps to find totems

lemme know how y’all games been

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I only managed to get pings that were above my personal limit, so i played only 2 matches.

The matches themselves were fine, just like before.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Mostly the same. I stopped using Ruin once the changes were announced. I did however see more Toolboxes being used. I still get 2-4 Kills as Legion at rank 1.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

Not fun, even 4ks are unrewarding

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Just played survivor so far because of the bug ugh! without ruin. Had half of the game hard campers that got rewarded because of stupid survivor reaction and the other half went normal. 3 games against ruin with a 3 escape min, not really affected heavily by ruin from what I noticed. Ruin was gone everytime around 2-3 gens done

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

Don't know, after updating the game, upon open EAC detected a 'modified game file' called 'pakchunk9-windowsnoeditor.pak'. A file that is in a folder including pakchunk1, pakchunk2, pakchunk3 all the way up to pakchunk30 or something installed with the game. Had to validate and reinstall 5 files

• monka
    monka Member Posts: 66

salt.

But a natural flow.

The game is too easy

broken

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Mostly normal but with more people using moris.

• GenuinelySad
    GenuinelySad Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2020

I have a wired connection on launch PS4 90mbps DL/10mbps UL, and a 14ms ping tested with the generic google SpeedTest. An "overkill" connection for P2P matchmaking and proper dedicated servers.

My lobbies show a 270ms ping and everything that occurs in the game is jarringly delayed for both sides. These servers need to be torched and P2P needs to be restored to have any degree of playability. I main PS4 Nurse, and I am not exaggerating when I say the 270ms delay cuts her fully-charged second blink distance absolutely in half (or perhaps even moreso). Ruin is now a dead perk, so compensating for newly-amped gen speed on top of having every action delayed and every blink defective; prepare to sweat bullets and fatigue yourself mentally if you're playing red ranks as a console killer.

I can't even imagine how bad it must be for the people on WiFi.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

So far so good, i like new doc, his shocks feel dangerous

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394

Well my main, Hag, is currently bugged, so playing on her is like trying to play a gimped trapper without traps. Played about 11 hours after the patch with about 8 of those on Hag, when I got tired of playing around the bugs I switched over to Freddy and a few other killers. Freddy with the right addons and the new ruin can slow down the initial gen rush fairly well. The Hag and the other killers that dont have high mobility basekits, suffered substantially if i didn't down/chase/trap someone within the first 30sec-1min.

On red forest spawning in running to the center building, put down four traps and two gens pop on the opposite side of the map, followed by the third a few seconds later when I get my first actual chase/trap going. I probably played a dozen or so matches on red forest as hag today, each of them had gens done within 5 minutes max, 1 or 2 chases, and came down to end game plays of hooking one survivor and using the survivors aultruism as a means to get more kills. Overall on larger maps the new playstyle is boring for both killers and survivors on lower mobility basekits.

On smaller maps, hag is still able to set traps and control the flow of how survivors move around the map fairy well but any mistake you make is heavily punished in lack of time. Add in the bugs the hag has, even maps like Hawkins lab can easily snowball on the hag.

• ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178

Our sever...fix all gen in 5min..every match...plz help me or just kill me.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

Survivor side: More tunneling/camping/moris. First time seeing a facecamping Billy. That was uh, interesting. But otherwise normal. Ruin is gone within 20 seconds most games anyway, so I don't really know why killers are freaking out.

Killer side: I've adjusted fine. I main GF using the Tru3Ta1ent build with a tweak. Ruin/Surveillance/Thanatophobia/Nurses. I'm not a great killer, but still getting anywhere from 2k-4k. If I need to pull survivors off of gens I just slug to get some hooks. Survivors can't resist altruism. If my ruin is there, I know the gens are regressing. If not, there's a ton of gens that are surveillance ready and I know exactly where to go.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

Plowing through gens like a hot knife through butter.

• waffles4all
    waffles4all Member Posts: 40

just had a gen completed 30 seconds into the match so yeah great

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 597

Hello,

May I please ask you what your favorite perks to use on Legion at Rank 1 are?

I was able to play Legion successfully until Purple Ranks and then started to lose a lot more, trying to figure out if maybe I need to change my perks for something better, especially now with the new ruin changes. Thanks

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I have had pretty good games on both sides. Very much liking new Herman and his powers mesh well with new ruin. Survivor side games basically the same outside of no killer ran new ruin.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

For survivor it's been just as easy as before if not easier. Bring in 2 generator perks, an exhaustion perk and a niche perk, and I do well 8/10 games.

Killer is just as frustrating as before. I stopped using ruin some time ago so the change is whatever, but that doesn't mean killer isn't anymore stressful.

• namjuunn
    namjuunn Member Posts: 43

absolute trashhhhh coming from a survivor main. I sometimes get into a match with other survivors being rank 16 or lower....Not to be rude but like the game is really unfun when yo teammates are trash and dont even come to unhook you bc they only care about escaping lol.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131

Survivors still DC against the Doctor, so... there's that.

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 367

It's been alright beyond the few very obvious cheaters within the game on PC!

• Biggs
    Biggs Member Posts: 286

Surge, pop,thrillinh tremors and 4 slot whatever you want.. Sloppy, thano,im all ears bbq

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

It isn't bad as long as I am playing strong killers with strong add ons. Playing killer has become slightly harder and playing survivor much easier, boring and uninteresting for me.

• nick_larking
    nick_larking Member Posts: 31

Ques are longer than the game itself =\

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Bad matchmaking, getting "dedicated" a lot more with the update. Otherwise, the usual. Against coordinated or SWF, I get rekt. Against 2-man + solo, or all solo, I do pretty well.

New Gatekeeper makes it a lot easier to pip. I had 2 Merciless Killer matches that felt "right" for me to get that double pip rather than getting Ruthless and feeling I got cheated out of a pip because Gatekeeper burned me.

Matchmaking is even worse I think. First 3 matches had one random Rank 20, grouped up with all Purples/Reds. It was a bit frustrating. Last few matches though were reasonable. Purples and greens, no reds.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited January 2020

I get alot of potatos and demolish them, even without ruin. I mostly Kill them before they even finish 1 or 2 gens. Then in the endscreen I see... 4 yellow, green or purple rank survivors with less then 500 hours. And me as rank 1 Killer (rank 3 atm because I had to dc several times becuase I was too frustrated playing doc with 20 fps) with 3k hours. Obviously I get salt in the chat and they call me whatever they like, camper, tunneler, slugger, tryharder whatever. Idk about the chat but it hurts to me to be forced to destroy casual ppl as veteran. One of the biggest problems in Dbd atm is the ranking and matchmaking.

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

Survivors' que times are awful... Killer's que times are amazing instead. The patch didn't really bother me at all since I don't play ruin or doc at all.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045
    edited January 2020

My games went completely normal, in fact, even better than before the Patch. As Killer, Instant Lobbies (even tho, this was not in the evening, it was before). Survivor Queue Times in the evening were a little bit faster than before. Had more NOEDs, but also many Doctors who used NOED, so I think it is more because the people were playing Doctor and not because they want to "punish" Survivors.

Only had one DCing Killer, a Ghostface who DCed after two Gens were done. Because, you know, it is impossible to win the game after this point.

BUT I had way more Red Rank Killers than before and a few purples, instead of quite a lot of Green Killers.

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452

Only played 1 match and got chased by a camping Leatherface for 9 straight minutes and escaped so that was fun.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I played one game. One game. Plague in order to finish off a daily. Had 3/4 vile downs done so completed that. And that was enough.

I haven't experienced the new Ruin or Doctor changes, but they're not an influence on my decision to have a sabbatical from DBD.

It feels quite liberating to have all this extra stress-free time.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Played two games as survivor and one as killer.

My first game as survivor was terrible, teammates let me die on hook and the Huntress ate them for breakfast.

My second game as survivor was Blood Lodge against a Ghostface so he was probably unhappy about that. He only killed one survivor

Neither killer ran NOED. GF had Ruin and Huntress had Corrupt Intervention. Huntress was Rank 2 and GF was Rank 10.

My one game as killer was me testing the Spirit changes. Two survivors with flashlights DC’ed after their second down and only one generator got done. They were all solo survivors.

Spirit feels a lot better to play now that she has a lunge again but sounds are still bugged.

I don’t have an issue with Ruin changes personally. It gives me more freedom in my builds and thinking of fresh perk ideas. I just believe map changes should be the #1 priority now.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Oh?

I can assure you Moris are not the same as high ping. 😜

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Doctor is fun, so my matches are: fun,fun,fun,fun

• asergioam
    asergioam Member Posts: 363

As survivor, I had longer queue times, yesterday it was really noticable. I've survived more matches than usual. Didn't really got tunnelers nor campers, probably most killers I played against were just trying the new ruin.

Played 2 games as killer for a Daily Ritual, queues were almost instantly like usual and ruin was useless.