So I wanted to learn Doctor but...

So with the new changes to doctor I was really interested in learning how to play him properly. Previously I leveled him to 35 for monitor and abuse, hated my life and never played him again. Post rework, I played about 10 games, only about 2 of which I enjoyed. I can't actually grind him enough to learn him now without ruin...

I'm getting hammered most games because gens just ######### fly. The two games I enjoyed were still losses but it lasted long enough I felt they were fair and didn't mind. I've "won" in my mind 3 other games but still hated the experience because I had to play like a ######### for that result after an early game gen rush. i.e. using NOED and soft camping basement got me my "wins". I've given up because learning a sophisticated killer who's not meta is too ######### difficult without the early game slowdown of ruin. I'm sure if I threw myself at it for long enough I'd eventually get it but I can't be ######### with that much pain.

I can play killers without ruin (namely hag and trapper who I would argue Corrupt is objectively better on than ruin) but only if I have a lot of experience with them. RIP killer diversity I guess

Comments

• Hatty
    Hatty Member Posts: 121

Maybe you just have the wrong build

I can easily do pressure with him, and it is really fun to play

• Hatty
    Hatty Member Posts: 121

can you tell me what do you have equipped? I could try to help

• OriginalName
    OriginalName Member Posts: 40

How long have you been playing dbd as well? You might be making decisions that aren't the most efficient without realizing it.

My build with the perks I have right now is: PGTW for awesome gen slowdown, can't tell you how much longer 3 gens last me with this baby; Distressing for more Static Pulse range, great for seeing if anyone's hiding near a recently hooked survivor, or when you have literally no idea where anyone is; Overcharged/BBQ for detection, depends on your rank I'd say, but Overcharged works and can be fun to use; lastly is Brutal Strength for well, breaking and kicking faster so I can catch up after misplays or when using Pop.

• Agandaur1
    Agandaur1 Member Posts: 10

I've been messing around with a few perks but limited choice since, as i said before i only leveled doc to 35 for M&A. Mainly been using STBFL, Distressing, Devour, BBQ but swapped other things in as well, e.g. ruin & surveillance combo, nurses.

I have a few months experience maining killer in dbd (since June), admitadly however I main trapper/hag who I play a lot more territorial with. That's sort of my point though, I'm trying to learn something new and different, which yes should be hard but my experience isn't even enjoyable. The games go so quick theres nothing I look back on in a game that I think I could have done differently to lead to a win/less brutal thrashing.