Objective based Mechanics

feffrey
feffrey Member Posts: 886
edited August 2018 in General Discussions
Everyone should start out separated on each side of the map and the killer should always spawn in basement.
While in basement until he leaves basement he can see the Auras of all survivors.

All Surviviors must meet up or the minimal of 3 in order to start the objective.

The first objective is locating the power source then doing Gens.
After all Gens are finished they must turn on the power source to power on all Gens

. then they should be allowed to leave through hatch or exit gate

To make it fair there should be two main power sources 

What do you think?

Optional hatch escape hatch doesn't spawn until all Gens are done or similar to how it is now. But it will not open without a key. The key will be located in basement

Comments

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    For someone always talking about how killers are OP and playing survivor is soooooooooo hard this idea is ridiculous. That completly takes away from the solo survivor. 
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I'm not sure, some of these these ideas seem a bit extreme.

• feffrey
    For someone always talking about how killers are OP and playing survivor is soooooooooo hard this idea is ridiculous. That completly takes away from the solo survivor. 
    Then don't play a team based game?
    If you're solo and get hooked you would expect your "team" to unhook you.

You do your part and they'll do theirs hopefully you all can escape 

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    edited August 2018

@feffrey said:

All Surviviors must meet up or the minimal of 3 in order to start the objective.

I don't get it. Why does this need to happen?? (3 meeting up)

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@feffrey said:
    Everyone should start out separated on each side of the map and the killer should always spawn in basement.
    While in basement until he leaves basement he can see the Auras of all survivors.

After all Gens are finished they must turn on the power source to power on all Gens

What do you think?

Optional hatch escape hatch doesn't spawn until all Gens are done or similar to how it is now. But it will not open without a key. The key will be located in basement

I like most of your idea, really I do. I just have one question, aren't the generators the power source?

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited August 2018
    I dont mind the idea of Killers spawning in the shack or basement. But that 3 survivors have to start a game will kill solo and will be like a godsend to toxic survivors/griefers.

Imagine how frustrating it would be, being stuck at 0 progression cause someone gets chased and his SWF friend following them for the flashlight save.

Just make the survivors get fuel (gas cans) for the generators either before or after they are done with the generator and encourage teamwork with BP like removing points for self-care and increasing points for healing others.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@feffrey said:

What do you think?

Not bad, but RIP rank 20s :wink:

• feffrey
    Rex_Huin said:

@feffrey said:

I don't get it. Why does this need to happen?? (3 meeting up)

Meeting up and reuniting just to add a task. That's usually what players do anyways before doing Gens 
    So they can stay in range of each other to help each other
  • feffrey
    Peasant said:

@feffrey said:

What do you think?

I like most of your idea, really I do. I just have one question, aren't the generators the power source?

Not always the case most Genarators are still connected to a power source to give it extra power or run as back up
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    feffrey said:

Lol u can choose to help other survivors or NOT help them. It even says so in the ######### game. So it's really not a "team" based game
  • Albireo
    Albireo Member Posts: 15

What if different maps had altered objectives, made so that the harder the map is for the killer, the harder the objective? If any map is too easy or too hard they could adjust the objective.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

@feffrey said:
    chemical_reject said:

This is not a team based game though. It can be played with teamwork yes, but it is not actually required. Your suggestions are punishing someone who plays a different though still acceptable style.

• feffrey
    edited August 2018
    this game is suggested that you use teamwork to win you go in as a team no matter what but do to changing outcomes at every moment it is made to be easier for the solo.

if you three die in the start before doing any gens you ain't going to escape because the team work isn't there anymore
  • Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

while i do agree another objective based mechanic would be nice, i don't really think it would enhance the games experience. Making doing generators more intuitive i think is the way to go,

• Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190
    Your threads just get worse and worse