The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Other perks like Dead Hard

And by that I mean perks that just do not work every single time you use them. I never used it much because it seemed less reliable on console but I've been trying it for the last couple months and man, it's literally every game that it just does not work at least once.

I think my DH experiment is over, but it got me thinking - are there other perks that just straight up don't work consistently like DH? I don't use Balanced a lot either but I've never had it just not work for whatever reason. Same with Lithe and Quick and Quiet, just off the top of my head.

Do you think being exhausted on the ground without having moved an inch will count for the challenge? 🤣

Comments

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@meatisadelicacy DH works for me mostly on PS4 and that was before dedicated servers on Xbox i don't use it because it isn't reliable at all.

• pichtuhq
    pichtuhq Member Posts: 11

I was running DH yesterday against a really laggy clown. He injured me and I was going for a window vault and saw the red stain on my back. I used DH and as I got the “Exhausted” effect, he swung at the same time that I dashed and I still went down. Then I was unhooked and he chased me again so I used it again and same exact thing happened. I know I didn’t use it too late because it happened at the same exact time but it was because of his lag

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Oh yeah, I love the exhausted on the ground part of Dead Hard. Happened twice today in one game.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Using dead hard to dodge attacks is kind of not really a thing almost ever anymore. It's still good when you use it for distance and to skilfully outplay an unsuspecting killer by pressing a button to get to a window or pallet so it's still one of the best perks in the game.

• meatisadelicacy

But what is a thing is when you hit the button to dead heard and nothing happens, or all that happens is you're exhausted on the ground. I'm not talking about how well or skillfully you use it. I agree it's one of the best perks in the game but it literally does not work in every single game. Did you read my post at all or?

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I did and I get it, but it's not really that big of a deal when you consider its other use to travel distance. Yes it's intended to give you i-frames, but you just have to accept that it's rarely going to give you them anymore. That's more what I meant. You shouldn't rely on dead hard for dodging hits anymore and it's as simple as that because the devs will likely never find a fix for it.

• meatisadelicacy

I don't rely on it for dodging hits, but sometimes it's all you can do is try and see if you get a couple more seconds out of a chase. Regardless, the perk consistently does not work and it's not even worth using at this point.

• meatisadelicacy

Oh and when you try to dodge an attack, and you don't move but you're exhausted on the ground anyway? Does not count for the challenge. Here's to hoping I can get this challenge that should take less than a second to do done in my 4th try. I love dying because I got hit once the entire game but NOED.

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

Dead hard cannot be remotely considered right now. Way too unreliable and net based, I switched back to Balanced Landing and I'm doing just great.

• Pizza_Dweet
    Pizza_Dweet Member Posts: 68

Sprint burst gives like .5 seconds of immunity. You could use it with fixated to mitigate being unable to Sprint without burning it.

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394

Dead Hard works well on PC and it rewards skillful players. it is by far the one perk that I respect the survivors ability to time and execute properly. Anytime I get bested mid chase by a quality Dead Hard, im like damn well played. If anything more perks like Dead Hard is what the game needs, perks that reward skillful time and execution rather than ones that simply go off just for existing.

• meatisadelicacy

So was there an answer to my question there? Are there any other perks that consistently do not work like Dead Hard? I actually thought of one, and its WGLF where you just don't get your stacks for it. Imagine if BBQ didn't work. Yikes. But I guess thanks for waxing poetic about how nice Dead Hard is when it does actually work?

• meatisadelicacy

I cannot just walk around the map, it's too boring for me. I end up running and then being exhausted when I need it. I know there are other perks that I can and will use, I was just curious to see what other perks are broken. WGLF is one, because you don't get stacks for protection hits pretty regularly. I don't play killer enough to know if there are perks that just don't work sometimes. I've never had a game where I didn't get all my BBQ stacks, for example.

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394

BBQ doesnt work when you get 3 gens pop before first hook. You end up with 1 or 2 stacks. It doesnt work when survivors dc on first down. WGLF works on PC, you just have to make sure the survivor gets safe hook status, i usually make sure im running BT with WGLF for this reason and try to heal them.

For me with Dead Hard, ive never had it not work, its usually my error not the perks. Now DS is currently bugged and I have only had it stun the killer once today after a successful skill check.