Rank

Options

Do you think there should be more ranks? Or harsher reset? I had an idea about having more ranks and each month you go down more tiers, like 50 ranks and a tier every 5 ranks ( probably not new colour but slightly different look) and at the end of the month (13th) you get reset 4 tiers, makes the game more rewarding for higher ranks and stops bad players making it there, obviously the bracket for matchmaking would be larger to stop queue times being crap, what do you think? Any other ideas?

Comments

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635
    Options

I think a larger bracket would increase the q times without a proper matchmaking.

Imo the 20 ranks are fine. But the pip system needs some attention.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    edited January 2020
    Options

I'd rather not have reset at all, at this point. I didn't play for a couple weeks and reset back to green rank hell. At first I was excited because I thought I'd get faster games. Ive been keeping track. I have died on my first hook in four out of my six games today, and in each of those games, I had at least two fully healed teammates who didn't even try to make the save, and there was no NOED. I'd rather get mori'd - at least it's faster than struggle on hook.

Update - died on first hook in five out of seven games. One gen to go, two people alive, teammate camped hatch while I tried to actually play the game.

Post edited by meatisadelicacy on
  • ELECTRIK_VISION
    ELECTRIK_VISION Member Posts: 42
    Options

I’ve not been playing long but in 3 weeks I got to rank one, that shouldn’t be possible tbh I don’t think I’m amazing I don’t know some loops and learnt most of everything else from YouTube getting to rank one that easy is just concerning and now with the “soft reset” more bad players are getting to red ranks, it just feels like red ranks aren’t even important at all anymore

• ELECTRIK_VISION
    Options

But if there’s no reset what reason do you have for playing? I like ranking up and being challenged, the rift is alright gives me something to do but it’s just too easy to get to high ranks

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635
    Options

Well ranks are important. But due to the easy pip system and dreanking issues they get all mixed up. Also swf plays a role here. I think a big topic is the game experience. I also think the old rank reset was better tbh.

• ELECTRIK_VISION
    Options

Yeah I’d prefer a flat reset back to 20 as well or maybe 17 just so new players don’t get stomped straight away

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    edited January 2020
    Options

The game is fun when I'm not left to die on my first hook in almost every game. Just had it happen again. Three fully healed teammates, not one tried to even help me after being slugged. Two teammates didn't even get touched the entire game. Twice while I was being chased, two different fully healed teammates wouldn't take a hit for me while I was already injured. I literally cannot pip when I die on first hook (or get slugged the first time I'm down so they can use rancor on me). It's been 6 out of 8 games now. Green rank and the challenges are making this game a ######### nightmare to play.

I used to run BT as a solo survivor because I just like helping my teammates but I'm at the point where I think the only way I might escape a game is if I Blendette, urban evade, and not help anyone the entire game like most of my teammates. Holy ######### #########.