so, how is that "late game hex perk" working for everyone?

2»

Comments

• Zoldyar
    Zoldyar Member Posts: 438

New ruin is more worth running for me because I use killers such as Myers which pretty much forced survivors off gens, otherwise I will tier up becomes more useful. Also because of how long it can be to tier up as Myers, I would usually be in the same place for while allowing the gen to regress. I used to suffer issues where I would have to damage the gens, which would just give survivors more distance between me. So I personally prefer new ruin and think the game should focus more on adding new objective, but so far gen speeds are okay for me. If a survivor decides to gen rush, they usually won’t pip, if I slug for a 4K quickly I usually won’t pip. I think it’s fair for both sides.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
  • Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928
    edited January 2020

@SteelDragon

I don't know if you're interested, but I just tried ruin + surveillance + discordance on Demo, ruin didn't last longer than two minutes but it still gave me some information that allowed to me to pressure the gens early in game, injure a couple of survivors and get a hook right after a gen was completed. After it got cleansed surveillance and discordance were still giving me useful information and I placed my portals near the remaining gens; survivors either gave away their position or wasted time closing the portals. In the end one guy rage quit to give his swf buddy the hatch and I didn't get the pip I deserved. Feels bad, but whatever.

But I think it's necessary to point out that I've completely changed my playstyle since the update; I no longer try to hook everyone three times, instead I focus on hooking two survivors 3 times (6 hooks) while injuring/slugging the other two or at least making them waste a pallet.

• Throckmorton
    Throckmorton Member Posts: 27

Tears of a bad killer

• toxic_clown
    toxic_clown Member Posts: 318

which one? noed? works pretty good lol

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

I've been running it on Legion, and its probably because survivors havent figured out the spawns yet but its lasted all game everytime I get Lerys. Ive also had it last all game on Temple of Purgation, and once again...it did good work. Its kinda depressing when it blows up though and all the gens for some reason dont continue regressing until a survivor taps it.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

That would be a good change to add to give it some more power. Once it's destroyed any gens that were regressing still regress until interacted with by the survivors.

• Witas
    Witas Member Posts: 477

Pretty strong when stays into the late game, but it doesn't do so reliably. Not worth a perk slot at all, if you want some late game power it's better to go with Blood Warden or Noed (way more consistant) and if you want to go for a risky power move, Devour Hope is better.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

I don't know, I stopped using it after the nerf. But fron what I've seen of it as survivor, it's awful.

• Some_Dood64
    Some_Dood64 Member Posts: 122

The fact you need Surveillance to even make it slightly useful is sad. What sort of perk deserves to need another perk as crutches?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Pretty good, though i get more use out of it early game than late game.

Idk why they said late game, but it's actually working quite well early game.

What we need for Ruin is some quick old-map updates, not one map every Killer rework.

• Perelie
    Perelie Member Posts: 433

New Ruin is absolutely useless. Like any Hex perk is gets cleansed too quick, but at least old Ruin slowed down the early game. New Ruin doesn't do anything until much later into the match and it'll never survivor that long. Of course none of the dev team will ever admit this or address everyone's complaints. They don't care, they're all brown rank survivor mains who balance the game for themselves and seem to hold nothing but contempt for killer players.

I don't even waste my time with killer anymore.

• bomb1720
    bomb1720 Member Posts: 428

what about new kilers like me? don't even have ruin, get completely gen rushed when i'm trying to use doctor

• Perelie
    Perelie Member Posts: 433
    edited January 2020

Anyone else notice all these brand new accounts being made after the Ruin nerf that post exclusively to defend it and insult killers? I could be wrong but do you think they could possibly be salty devs doing damage control?

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

Like before

gone in as soon as the survivors move a few steps and

”Boom”

strong late game perk huh. Can’t even make it pass 30 seconds in the match let alone late game.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

The new Ruin is not going to change that. If you don't have it, don't waste money or shards on it. It does not prevent gen rush in the slightest.

I think the devs idea of a late game perk is a specific scenario where you have already eliminated two survivors and there are still 4 gens left to do. In other words, playing against players who don't know what they are doing.

I don't get how they didn't even consider actually hiding totems. They talked about players having to search for the totems, when most of the time they are right out in the open. Maybe if they did actually have to search for them, it wouldn't be so bad.

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394

The games ive played against the new ruin as a survivor, I didnt even notice. It is so rarely used now and makes no difference against high level survivors, if the totems not cleansed in the first 30 seconds someone else hops on the gen if a survivor gets pulled off. Even the when the gen gets fully regressed, its still stupid fast to hop on the gen and finish it with another survivor or solo.

Its primary use is location of survivors when used with surveillance, and only really useful on high mobility killers. If you have the high mobility basekit, PGTW and surveillance has been working out better overall for me as a killer. No one cleanses it the first 30 seconds of the game and its faster than ruin if you keep downing and hooking survivors and kicking the important gens, as survivors cant just tap the gen to stop that 25% regression.

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265

They need to just weaken ruin a bit and make it an active perk that isnt a hex. Like scale it to 75%/100%/125% regression. It would be much more useful

• SanityNight
    SanityNight Member Posts: 101

First game or two it was okay, it got taken out right away but whatever. I still got my 4ks. But oh, wait, my third match and on I got gen rushed and had all red ranks when I am a green rank.

• DBDSM
    DBDSM Member Posts: 134

I had an idea for a neutral Ruin rework that I think is fair to both roles in this post:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1014904#Comment_1014904

I would like it to get some more attention so that the devs will see it and consider it.

I mistakenly calculated for six totems and not five, but the concept is still the same.