The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ruin and surveillance, do you use it?

Probably the best combo tbh. Do you use it? Let me know below.

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Still don't have ruin on my killers but I hear it's good on pig, doc, and legion.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Wow,so aggressive. I don't lie to myself it's an awesome combo. It's unlimited discordance. Since they don't look at ruin most of the times, ruin lasts, at least till midgame.

• Goat_Worship
    Goat_Worship Member Posts: 73

Nah. Corrupt + pop is way better on everyone except maybe freddy / billy. Guaranteed 2 minutes of corrupt as well, instead of RNG results with ruin.

• BoomBoom420
    BoomBoom420 Member Posts: 10

I don't use it myself, but I understand why ppl do, you chase someone off of a gen and know when they touch it again, plus since survivors complained about ruin so much, it's rework looks like a Nerf to some, so there is a chance that they ignore it. Works for me.

• AStupidDavid
    AStupidDavid Member Posts: 156

I'm not aggressive lol but it is useless honestly, no hex perk really lasts til mid game🤣also why would I waste two perk slots when I can get the same value from just one perk: discordance

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

If I need the early game presence, corrupt and discordance are my way to go. Easy to prioritize gens with discordance. This combo makes it easier to find survivors. But I don't use new ruin. It's laughable now

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

I tried it a few times, it's a bad combo. Will reveal maybe 2-3 generators at the start. Most often only 2 before the totem get's destroyed.

However I have been replacing Ruin with Surveillance on all my builds, and it's been working nicely.

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355

I would love to try it out...

But I dont have many perks, including surveillance

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I like pop more, but it's good

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited January 2020

I haven't used old ruin in months before the change, I don't plan to go back and try to gamble with hex perks, they aren't worth it unless the killer has a means to defend the totem a majority of the times. The only ones worth using are haunted ground and devour hope, anything else is a waste of a slot imo.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Theoretically a good combo for mobile killer, but in practice you "wast" 2 perk slot in early game, thanks to totem placement.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

It's not an awesome combo because one is still a Hex. So long as it's a Hex, it's too risky to run.

• PyroGL
    PyroGL Member Posts: 239

I think @CLAUDETTEINABUSH needs their own sub forum called "_____ do you use it?"

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195

@CLAUDETTEINABUSH If it works for you that is awesome. Just be aware that it can be countered and you need to know the pros and cons of the combo. There are a lot of combinations out there for killers, and you need to find out what works best.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

The new ruin would be so good on freddy, if it would not be a hex. So you have to go with pop.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH

Oh yes please do. It will make my work so much easier!

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH

I know the pros and cons. Fortunately, when I keep pressuring the side that my totem is they just go and do other gens. But yeah, not the first time ruin was cleansed the first 30 secs. Still made it tho

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131
    edited January 2020

I pretty much avoid hex perks. I don't think they're worth it.

I got the "Blood On Your Face" achievement using Devour Hope... that was actually way, way more difficult than getting the "Evil Incarnate" achievement, later. Trying to keep a hex alive long enough for it to be useful is a pain.

(Edited for grammar)

Post edited by TragicSolitude on
  • Shi
    Shi Member Posts: 156

No, because of 2 slots.

After totem was destroyed, It wasted my slots.

• PokemonGOPlayer
    PokemonGOPlayer Member Posts: 179

I tried it once or twice and it feels like the Totem is now linked to two perks ahahah

Not that good in my opinion.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

Why do people keep saying, omg no you need to use 2 perks.

Spirit fury and Enduring 4heads?

Hello? Do synergies not exist in the transcended killer mind?

• rephaim
    rephaim Member Posts: 96

Because a hex totem will always be one perk that disappears fast as long as there are ten notifications of its existence and use or bad spawns. If they had a slight lesser form when cleansed it would not be bad.

• PokemonGOPlayer
    PokemonGOPlayer Member Posts: 179
    edited January 2020

One being a Hex is a big part of the problem, considering how quick lit totem get cleansed at Green ranks and above.

Spirit Fury + Enduring is also a gimmick since you are using two Perks to waste a lot of time early just to get the chance to not respect a pallet later and get a single hit. It makes me laugh tho, I use it more than I should.

EDIT: I said it's a gimmick because it will work once, maybe twice every match as Survivors will just drop pallets early after they got the information; also for someone Enduring means Spirit Fury so seeing the quicker animation is enough to make said decision e slam every pallet during the chase.

Post edited by PokemonGOPlayer on
  • terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    edited January 2020

It's not a good combo since totems are easily found

• Aura_babyy

That applied to old Ruin though. It's still the same crap

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    edited January 2020

2 perk slots, Hex totem and you cant stop 2 generators repairs. Nah, its a waste of perk slots. xD

• rephaim
    rephaim Member Posts: 96

Then you know it as a hail Mary or wishful thinking for the killers. Used in most high rank games but pointless in most high rank games because everyone decides to be lazy. If the killers all used the bad basement hook shrine perk for 3 months straight I'm sure it will get nerfed and reworked. If it's the same craps then the rework was a failure on the devs part.

• Aura_babyy

No. If it's the same crap then the rework shouldn't matter at all. Imo I feel like the totem lasts a lot longer now that people aren't actively looking for it (unless I have them on a 3 gen lock). And I do run Surveillance with it, because Surveillance is good with it, and still decent without it.

You can call it bad because it's 2 perks to "do one thing", but fr tho it's like gimmick synergies like Spirit Fury and enduring or Self care and Botany doesn't exist for some people.

• Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249

As someone that posts rather aggressively quite often, I'm assuming you're either A) and angry killer or B) a survivor main that needs to stay quiet.

Given that the new ruin works better than most are admitting, it's still requires a fast killer, with some kind of intercept to be really useful,and that only really by mid-game at best. The doctor and pop-up killers make good use of it, but we shouldn't need to use two perks to achieve what a survivor group does the equal opposite with one perk across the board.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885

Nope. I don't own surveillance, and I'm not going to buy it to run with the new Ruin. It was a risk vs reward situation with the old Ruin. Now the reward is only theoretical. It is far too unlikely to last until a point in the game where it will have any impact, at all. Not worth one perk slot, let alone two.

• AStupidDavid
    edited January 2020

Lol I play both killer and survivor buddy. You're probably the kind of person that thinks they're smart because they assume stuff instead of actually asking right?

Also, I don't know if you realized this but you just agreed with some of the stuff that I said based on the fact that as you said you need to waste two perk slots and use a killer that can move fast (in which case I'd rather just run barbecue and pop) in order to get value out of it. Surveillance and ruin is definitely not a good combo for most killers, thereby it is not a good combo overall. Hello? Anybody home? Think McFly, think lol

Ps. You sound like someone that literally just joined the forums yesterday and started playing the game two months ago, that's why you didn't realize that some people actually like to play both roles, genius🤣.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

Wasted 2 perk slots cause ruin gets destroyed in 2 mins or less

• Cable2486

Ahhh. I see you're one of those that think insulting others gets you anywhere. Explains a lot. I've been saying for two years, not that it really matters, and I play both, though I play killer by preference. Which is why I can see both sides, and also why I can see you're an idiot.

It's not a bad combo, at all. It was even acknowledged by the devs (for whatever that may be worth) as an excellent combo. Clearly, you misunderstood what an intercept. Surveillance isn't an intercept. Shock treatment is an intercept. Vile and Corupt Purge, Hatchets, Bottles, etc. Literally something that allows a killer to interrupt from a distance or more than one survivor so that the gen explodes and begins regressing while you chase them away.

As to your silly comments aimed at my intelligence, I play games almost exclusively that require custom skill building. It's what I love doing. I never said I disagreed with the whole of your content, just that you sounded like someone who was angry or seriously biased and needs to sit down and stay silent. Thank you for clarifying with your comment which you are.

• Cabbage
    Cabbage Member Posts: 349

No, I use mostly perks that slow down healing now and just try to get as many survivors injured as I can.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

It’s an ok combo, there’s just much better options. Dying Light + PGTW or Corrupt Intervention + PGTW are just less risky and more rewarding when slowing the game down.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    edited January 2020

I gave this build a shot for 3 games in a row but ruin got cleansed less in a minute. So, never again.

• AStupidDavid
    edited January 2020

Where and when did I insult you? Lmao this dude is hilarious, first he comes all aggressive saying that I'm either a killer main or a survivor main in which case I should shut up and then gets offended for literally no reason, so offended he typed a Bible in 5 minutes🤣and even called me an idiot, I'm glad my comment slapped you so hard buddy. I play both sides too and it's not a good combo period, when I go up against that combo as a survivor I just laugh because of how hilariously pathetic it is and how pathetic it is that survivor mains actually say it's one of the best combos in the game now, and if I were to run a combo I'd rather run barbecue and pop as I said.

And so you think that if 3 or 4 people are on that gen they're all going to run away to the other side of the map as soon as they see you? No my son, red ranks will just hide and then get back to work as soon as you're gone, and it doesn't matter if you keep going back to patrol the gen thanks to surveillance because you can't chase 4 people at the same time. As soon as you chase one person off the gen the others will go back to it and you won't be able to down the survivor before the gen's popped. So basically what the devs didn't mention is that this combo is meant to be useful against new survivors, experienced survivors won't be affected by this combo in the slightest.

Even if I was one of both I wouldn't have to sit down and stay silent you dumb troglodyte, I'm giving my thoughts and that's what forums are for, people give their opinions and all you can do is either agree or disagree period you don't come here and basically say who can give their opinion and who can't based on your stupid ideas because it is disrespectful (and then cry when someone replies to you with a pinch of toxicity🤣). Like I said, you're the kind of person that thinks they're smart just because they assume stuff, like every other internet troll. I'm glad you're salty though🧂😢

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH

I couldn't be bother reading your boring ass 100 word comments. So I'll say this. You guys fk the point of this forum. Either shut up or private message each other.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

It a risky combo but i only run it on doc. I usually run it with surge in case ruin get destroyed fast.

• AStupidDavid

Did I ever mention you in the comment? Lol this troglodyte forgot that forums are for people that actually want to discuss things regardless of the "100 word comments" if you don't like it you can always leave the forums genius

• Lucama
    Lucama Member Posts: 461

2 perks, one a Hex, for worse info than BBQ, Discordance, Nurse's or Whispers. No thanks. Also locks out an actually good perk, Pop, until Ruin is cleansed.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

It is a waste of a perk slot. Old Ruin on its own got you some value, even if it was just a Survivor cleansing the totem at the start and not just right away hop on a gen.

Now you don't get any guaranteed value out of Ruin. And if it get cleansed you lose the core reason of playing the combo.

• Cable2486

Given that I was supporting your viewpoint while admonishing this troll, maybe you should be a bit more respectful yourself, rather than do the exact thing I was. It's a PUBLIC forum.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Naw, I prefer PGTW for my gen slowdown in most cases.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

No and I probably never will. 2 perk slots for something that can be disabled so fast is not worth it.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited January 2020

Huntress' Lullaby is better, but even when running both people still go out of their way to cleanse them both. They're all momentum perks, though, so I don't view them too favorably from building a killer.

The big problem is that there's no killer perk that really lets a killer reach their pressure phase faster. Even the, honestly, broken Spirit Fury + Enduring combo requires you to get through two pallets, and once you know it exists you can just drop pallets earlier.

Pop Goes The Weasel still requires you to reach that first hook, and that's when the killer can start occupying multiple survivors at once.

I'm back to playing with Stridor again for my general tracking perk. I love catching people on their breath without it, but they whine SO loudly when you use it, and that amuses me.