You nailed it damn well Space coconut

2»

Comments

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I'm not going to wade into all this. The only thing I'll add is @Peanits clarified that there was more killer perks. They just didn't mention the full list of perks they were looking at.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184
    edited January 2020

There's nothing wrong with Whispers. What are you going on about?

I really only find whispers good on doctor and no other killer, and even at tier 3, looking for a survivor when your perk procs kinda waste time just looking for one survivor.

That's using it incorrectly. Part of using the perk effectively is using it to know where survivors aren't as oppose to where.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited January 2020

Being honest: If you only use whispers tier 1 its effectively a dead perk as its range is so wide its near useless.

Remember radius is exponential(Area = Pi x (Radius^2)) in how much a few more meters actually adds to the total size by a lot.

tier 1 has a 7238.2 meter area of detection.

tier 2 has a 5026.5 meter area of detection.

tier 3 has a 3216.9 meter area detection.

Quiet the difference in areas covered wouldn't you agree and how the first tier is so wide its useless.

Edit: please correct me if I am wrong. I do use this perk btw just tier 1 isn't even worth looking at.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

Don’t like this guy. He could not be more bias if he tried.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Nobody says the lower tiers are useful. But IMO tier 1 & 2 of any perk shouldn't be used to qualify a perks usefulness. The game would be better off if they removed the tiers.

Anyways, you are making the same mistake as OP. You can find guides for using Whispers on Youtube if you want to learn how to use it.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I am just saying unlike perks like Pop where its more or less the same power at all ranks unlike whispers which is nearly if not outright useless at tier 1-2 and anyone who has tried it at the lower ranks probably thinks it sucks.

TLDR: Unlike other perks whispers effectively does nothing until leveled up so a lot of people tried it and found it useless.

PS: I do use it to find where they aren't as I like the perk because of that.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580

The video is quite killer biased...but some of the points are hard to dispute such as the toolboxes.

If gen times are too quick without toolboxes than whatever is done to the toolboxes themselves are redundant.

Another was "don't worry about the first two gens, they are as good as complete". Might as well make the maps tiny in that case and have only 3 gens to complete.

A lot of these comments are focused on how coconut came across rather than looking at his points specifically.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Making useless perks better is a good thing for both sides. Give survivors some good perks and maybe you won't see the same meta perks as a killer.

They are already working on reworking monstrous shrine. Changing that perk is not so simple because you can't just increase the numbers to make it good. It needs a new effect entirely.

Many of the perks you listed are also fine. Some of them could use buffs but it's better to buff the most useless perks first and I would say there are more of those on the survivor side.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

On another discussion, Peanits said Monstrous shrine is being looked at, but needs a rework since just increasing numbers would make basement bubba into the meta

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

Then how crazy does that make "willfully ignorant" survivor deniers like you then?

If this was a video saying the cool aid man is gonna be in dbd I'd agree. But this is a man who's fed up with how survivor sided the game is becoming, a man who knows the game well and has been playing hag since her release.

He's a sleeper hit, even if you don't like the stuff he says about your role his voice is relaxing as heck, he knows the game, and he isn't influenced by developers giving him free dlc codes to give away or auric cells (although this may be devs rewarding the fog whisperers its still an influence no matter how you cut it)

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Wasnt Dying Light reworked like 3 months ago?.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698

Nailed the coconut right on the head :)

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited January 2020

If they want to RUIN the game.

That's their problem.

• Throckmorton
    Throckmorton Member Posts: 27

As someone who plays both sides red rank I can say you are a baby who can't play with out ruin. You are pathetic

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

I don't much weight in Space Coconut's word just I don't do in the devs'. He's riding that wave of being the righteous controversial guy since he was barred on the forum. He's biased and has his own agenda, though. And that shows.

Killer perks have more synergy, that's why you see more variety. The only real universal killer perk was old Ruin, which they should've either reworked differently, or changed simultaneously with other balance improvements in maps, etc

Survivor have only those few perks that are truly meta, which is why those are the ones that you always see in the builds. The other ones are for fun, or specific purposes. They could buff many survivor perks and the meta perks would still be the same.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

A lot of the perks they did mention can be greatly improved and be more attractive with simple changes to numbers. A lot of other perks like Monstruous Shrine and Territorial Imperative might need more considerable changes or straight up reworks for the same effect. Like Cruel Limits for example could be given a longer duration and suddenly it actually does its job as the survivor can't just walk away from the gen for a few seconds as the killer approaches and get out of exhaustion.

It's like what McLean said, if they're still early on in the changing process of something it's often better to not even mention they're working on changing it. When they mention it people might think it's gonna get changed soon, and then they might decide what they had in mind doesn't work and go back to the drawing board - disappointing people that assumed the change was right around the corner.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Well if saying how it is is getting under someone's skin.....ok then lol. Seems some have a lot to learn about the real world.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

Dying Light got a rework awhile back and is actually a good perk, I’ve been using it as a substitute for Ruin. Beast of Prey also recently got a buff. I am puzzled as to why Monstrous Shrine hasn’t gotten a rework yet. Devs even acknowledged that it needs one in a previous Q&A

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

It's the typical "you cared enough to post" BS tactic that a lot of trolls like to use. Best to just ignore it.

Not that I think they've successfully gotten under your skin lol. Imagine that being a goal in your life? "I'm really good at upsetting people!" Congratulations, I guess.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

I personally love @SpaceCoconut honesty even tho i can see how it could be seen as bias I have watched alot and I know he is being honest about how he feels and I support that.

To be honest I had hoped the game would change new objectives more interesting things for survival aspects for the Survivors to enjoy more just adding more in general to the experience of the game. But the devs have said that they plan to not explore this so I can definitely say my hope and interest is gone.

Anyway I know space will be laughing in hag main at all this hate. As for @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky from time time I have not agreed or seen eye to eye with you but thank you for opening up this debate I think more people are getting aware of how this game is heading in a bad direction and choosing not to back the direction. I personally don't play as much as I used to.

🐷💖

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Yeah, I was vehemently against the rift, and its tie in to the archives, because of this #########.

The archives are a great idea to give you more to do and learn/earn.

Making that the main source of rift fragments tainted it into another necessary grind to unlock things you dont need.

Shame really.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Sigh, its a way for the devs to give the community something to do, a reason to play.

You dont have to bother with it at all if you dont care about what it gives.

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312
    edited January 2020

You're wrong. People don't get so angry about stuff they don't care about. The game makes them very passionate, so it's a good sign if it can evoke that kind of emotion. Some may just not express themselves in a mature/constructive manner, but they still care and/or like the game.

Post edited by samination on
  • katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,146

If it could affect other hooks i would personally run it more.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

What do you guys want from the dying light? This perk is amazing <3

• ErgoPr0xy
    ErgoPr0xy Member Posts: 31

Matt Said this at one point. The backlash was so bad BHVR had to write out an apology. Took the game months to recover its player base. Please see gif for reference. Look up That Q&A if you can find it. Then go look for the apology on the steam forum.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Cough Zanshin Tactics cough Monstrous Shrine cough Mindbreaker cough Unrelenting cough Huntress Lullaby cough Overcharge cough Unnerving Presence cough Overwhelming Presence cough Lightborn cough Furtive Chase cough.

• brokedownpalace

Got any proof it took "months to recover?" The way I remember it this was only a big deal on the reddit echo chamber.

• ErgoPr0xy
    ErgoPr0xy Member Posts: 31
    edited January 2020

Look up Steam charts dead by daylight from December 2017 to April 2017 it went from 17k and increasing down to 8.5k.

Edit: I am one of the older killer mains still left in DBD been playing since 2016. I was here when things went down. For example I remember the petitions from killers and the groups organized and what they did. At one point killers would just in mass stop playing. Queue times were crazy long. then others would stick around till the last second and dodge a lobby. How fun would that be to go back to that? If you did get a match it was either a survivor who was playing killer or a killer who just hook camped or afk'd in the corner of a map. Then there were the killers who d ranked to 15 or higher and just slugged all the new players to the point that the match would end once you bled out. No hooking, These are the things i remember right off the top of my head. And if you want to check out some of these things look up old youtube vids and steam forum chats.

Post edited by ErgoPr0xy on
  • brokedownpalace

According to what I've found, Matt said that late February 2018. Why are you referencing numbers from 2017?

• NEVELEVEN11
    NEVELEVEN11 Member Posts: 141

How do we know? All we know is that his tomb wound up empty and the only people who "saw" him walk away were his posse.

• Waish
    Waish Member Posts: 30

God survivor mains will defend their daddies no matter what happens and instead of using facts they insult those who do use facts. There is so much that proves the devs are survivor sided and that disproves survivors argument and when that happens they resort to insults which when it comes to arguments is how you know you've won. Survivors usually say get good and that's true killers have to get good because survivors just get handed everything.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Hey, just watched your video. I rather liked it, it sums up a lot of issues and is worth a watch

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

lmao why the heck is Whispers on this list???

It’s not even a bad perk.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

The only issue with killer isn't generator times, but the inability to peel multiple generators. That's why the Ruin change, though great for new players, is generally viewed so negatively to seasoned players. It doesn't offer the momentum necessary for a lot of builds, or killer/addon combinations to get started. Once you have one player hooked, that's 2 players disabled, since one has to make the save. Find and chase a second player before that happens, and you've locked out three.

I think that's why a lot of killers feel so pressured. Most builds are static power, and ones with ramping strength tend to be vulnerable in hexes. (Ex: Huntress' Lullaby) I like that hex a lot, almost as much as Third Seal, but god forbid you ever get that thing going. Unlike Devour Hope, they apply a huge pressure for their duration without outright leading to a victory condition.

I, personally, liked trying to hook all 12 times, and would do everything in my power to make that happen when there was no risk of more than a single escape. Nowadays, it's pretty hard at upper ranks, unless the skill level is uneven, or the survivors make a lot of egregious mistakes.

• Psypho_Diaz
    Psypho_Diaz Member Posts: 185

I'm not quoting any individual posts here cause they are all just ridiculous.

The company needs to make money to pay the devs to fix it. Don't get upset that you haven't bought a character that is required for a challenge.

Stop telling people to drop the game. Lobby times are bad enough as is.

As a survivor main, I admit to not working on gens and not being chased, yet I still see wins and pips. So killer side does need a buff and survivor ranking system needs a Nerf. Otherwise lobby times will just get worse as well as camping.

Personally I would enjoy the game more if the killers were harder and little more scarier. I enjoy god mode nurses and wall hack Myers, never won against the latter. What I don't enjoy is killers resorting to camping for kills because they are helpless.

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

I didn't mention that EVERY killer perk fits into a valid build, but rather the ones he mentioned. I agree that all those you mentioned are pretty bad, except Zanshin, Lightborn, and Overcharge. Those fit into builds, and Lightborn basically negates all flashlight blinds, as well as makes you recover from them faster at pallets and whatnot.

Zanshin is great on Trapper and Hag. Mainly a tool for beginners, and so is the survivor counterpart. Overcharge isn't bad either. Not as good as other perks that provide information. But, with the surveillance change, maybe this perk needs a rework if anything. Not that it's bad, but that a perk just does it's job better and more efficiently.