The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What Perk Did You Heavily Underestimate At First?

2»

Comments

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822
    edited January 2020

I love the idea of Fire Up as a response to gen speed, it just needs some minor tweaking to be worthwhile.

I want to see 5% action speed and 1% movement speed per token, that way there's a reason to run it over Brutal Strength and it can help catch up when the gens all ping off so fast, especially if you're being ran at the time.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

If you want my honest answer, Any Means Necessary—and it’s only good exactly because most people sleep on it. Since it’s so underused, some Killers will ignore a relatively safe dropped pallet thinking they can break it at their leisure, and that’s when I swoop in and undo any time they might have put into getting that annoying block of wood dropped. If AMN saw an increased use rate, Killers would be a lot more paranoid of it, and it would become a trash tier Perk. So this is our little secret, okay, entire Dead By Daylight community?

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I severely underestimated the power of Monitor And Abuse in the hands of the Killer who brings it to the table - The Doctor.

I don't know why it took me forever to realize his Calm add-on energizes so well with it.

As for survivor perks, I underestimated Distortion. It's actually helped me figure out without risking myself when killers are running Nurses Calling and BBQ.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

New ruin.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Iron will

• Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387

Premonition, oddly enough.

Spine chill isn't very useful to me because I tend to walk TOWARDS the killer instead of away. Don't say "Just look around for him", how does one find a killer that isn't even in view?! I kept trying to use it, and in nearly all the games, it ended with me, on a hook.

I never bothered equipping Premonition because I heard by many people, that it was a worse spine chill.

I ran it for the sake of memes in a SWF one time. And boy did I feel like I had made a dumb move for the past few days of me thinking "Premonition is #########."

My times of surviving between hooks dramatically increases when I have Premonition. Because this time, I can ACTUALLY Urban Evasion away the correct direction.

And they said Spine Chill is supposed to help people? Well, it doesn't for me.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Are those the noises you make when you're done slurping on a lollipop?

• VII_Seven
    VII_Seven Member Posts: 65
    edited January 2020

spine chill because i didn't know how much power and use that it actually had, if it was active for more than 2-3 seconds it gave me a 4-12 metre head start (depending on the terror radius) to hide or to prepare for the chase. and now it works on all stealth i'm pretty sure.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

Surge. Its one of thoses perks that look worse than it actually is. Now I tend to favor it on M1 killers instead of Pop Goes the Weasel.

PGTW pack more punch, but you need to be able to use it, wich sometimes you can't, because the generator is too far and the survivors are doing things you don't want them to do and need to be stopped right now.

Surge will nicely kick generators near you without needing to do anything and that little 8% regression can sometimes let you reach a gen before it is completed under your nose. Also the 40 seconds cooldown, while unnecesary in my opinion, is not that big of a deal. If you are downning multiples survivors under 40 seconds you are probably doing ok.

Surge is not an amazingly powerfull perk. But its a good solid perk for M1 killers.

• hocrux
    hocrux Member Posts: 212

Adrenaline

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

Surge for sure and I'm recently a fan of Thanataphobia. I know people say thana sucks, but my priority at the start of the match is to injure all of the survivors to take full effect of it. Put it on with sloppy butcher and survivors will waste time healing because they don't want the penalty.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

After I reread the description earlier, I've been thinking of throwing it on. Did it change your life?

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

It has lol. I love running it with pop. Pick up a downed survivor, look for the gens that are not covered and head right there after hooking. It obviously doesn't give you the bps but I like it better than BBQ as a tracking perk.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Surge, pretty good on Legion, since their power cannot down survivors 🥰🥰🥰....heh

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Probably agitation. I used to think iron grasp was superior in every way

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Fixated. I was like "tf do I need to track my scratchmarks for, I'm a veteran"

Little did I know its perfect for mindgame, and on TOP of thag its a better stealth perk than Urban Immersion.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

Adrenaline. I used to refuse to use it because I felt it was always wasted (Like I could heal myself, wasn’t injured, whatever). One time i had it on and the killer was face camping me, finally got unhooked and I was able to escape because of adrenaline. Really helps if you’re hooked before the last gen is completed.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

Looking through this thread there are a number of perks I've seen mentioned that I agree with. Whispers, Spine Chill, New Ruin, Small Game and Infectious Fright I all agree with. Some I haven't seen mentioned are buffed Kindred, Inner Strength, and Bloodhound.

Kindred is so good now if you are playing solo queue. It feels like someone is always on the hook so more often than not it's like a super version of bond + empathy. Plus you get knowledge of if the killer is near the hooked survivor.

Inner Strength has pretty much replaced self care for me. When I first heard of the perk I thought there would be a number of issues with it like difficulty finding totems if multiple players are running it. It didn't seem very efficient either when you stack the time it takes to break a totem with the time it takes to travel to and stand in a locker. But the perk just works. I like to think of it as "pre-loading" a heal.

Bloodhound is one of those oldie but goodies. You almost just can't lose an injured survivor while using this. It almost has a deerstalker type bonus effect because it's a lot easier to find survivors in the dying state when they have a bright red slug trail. I'm surprised that I see it so rarely run. It's very under-rated imho.

• ninjamediness64
    ninjamediness64 Member Posts: 125

I'm All Ears

I thought, "That's kind of nice I guess," but on some killers (Nurse especially), it eliminates certain mind games at windows and pallets.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

as a survivor, resilience, that extra 9 percent vault speed, along with having spine chill for another 6 percent to my vault speed in a chase (since the killer is looking at me), i can always get a fast vault or medium vault to work in my favor.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

Surveillance. Wow I thought that was useless the first couple times I tried it.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

Spine Chill.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

Dead Hard. Back then Sprint Burst, Balanced, Lithe, all overshadowed Dead Hard for some reason.

I know it's currently viewed as one of the best perks for Survivors, but boy back when exhaustion recovered while you sprinted Dead Hard was not a fan favourite, but I have like 4 clips of pulling off insane Dead Hard's back like 2+ years ago.

• PraiseTheBreadI
    PraiseTheBreadI Member Posts: 10

I've recently been running Kindred III as a solo survivor and when I'm in a team with my friends, helps so so so much to know where the killer is and if the killer is hiding nearby and everyone can see it's aura

I also run Dark Sense III as well, also knowing where the killer is after you do a genny and when gates are opened helps a lot knowing which way the killer is, which direction it's looking/going and if it's far enough a way to start another genny

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Hex: The Third Seal

Went against a Hag running this, and it was brutal. Straight up couldn't save anyone, because you can't see anything. Everyone just died on first/second hook because we couldn't find them.

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353

I have multiple:

PGTW, Spine Chill, Iron Will, Thrilling tremors, I’m all ears, Kindred

• NICK714
    NICK714 Member Posts: 173

DS, ######### ds, ah, i am main killer :D

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902
    edited January 2020

Spine chill. A certain streamer I used to watch had it on all his builds before it became popular. With the introduction of ghostface and the new oblivious state as well as how hard it is to tell killer direction and proximity it comes in clutch. I'm not even a stealth player but it helps me not to get yoinked off a gen, stalked by myers, or get caught out of position when I'm on an isolated gen.

I'm all ears. Unlike most killer perks survivors are slow to catch on to its use. I've been caught more as a survivor double vaulting and as a killer it can end loops much faster and potentially shut down shack.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

Stridor on spirit