The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What Perk Did You Heavily Underestimate At First?

Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I really started loving Make Your Choice at some point, but i'll bring up the more recent example for me...

Surge is doing extremely good work for me right now.

I don't need to waste time kicking those, it still scares some Survivor off of Generators no matter what rank, & even if they stay on it, it's still some extra work they have to do.

Its cooldown is its biggest negative to me, but i can live with it.

I also equip Pop Goes The Weasel along with it, to kick those that aren't regressing and need regression badly.

Comments

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

Thrilling tremors. I didn't use it at all until a couple weeks ago. Now it's in most of my builds lol.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,043

A bunch of them. For Survivors:

Iron Will... I was like "just heal". I did not know that it will have such an impact.

Balanced Landing... Thought it was the worst Exhaustion Perk (you know, before they made it the worst Exhaustion Perk), because I thought being that situational hurts a lot, but I did not really value the passive effect.

For Killers:

Whispers... When first using it, I thought it is the worst Perk in the game. Tried it because a Killer found me with it, but that Roabwoahraoashraoshroash was only distrecting at first.

Also Enduring... Thought it is a really bad Perk, because... Just dont get stunned? I respected the ######### out of every Pallet at this time.

• HuntressIsMyFavXD
    HuntressIsMyFavXD Member Posts: 132

Spine chill, because I didn't think it would be an advantage to know when the killer is looking in your direction

Shadowborn, until i used it on nurse and realized how op it is

• acer20098
    acer20098 Member Posts: 14

spine chill tbh. i thought it would be useless since i wouldnt always check if it lit up. now i use it in every build

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195

Definitely Empathy at first. A lot of people told me to use Bond instead. However, with my play style Empathy lets me know when people are in a chase, where the killer is, and what I need to be doing at the moment. While I don't know where my team is, I always know what I have to be doing based off my aura reading.

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

When I first started playing I found Resilience to be way too little rewarding for it's risk. Find out later that it's actually pretty decent and not to be underestimated.

Then, when I started playing killer around 2 weeks after I got the game I seriously thought that Enduring was crap since I always thought "Why would you even risk to be stunned", later find out that was one of the best.

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623

Survivor: Spine Chill. I worship this thing now.

Killer: I like Fire Up. its kinda fun to meme with

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

Whispers, no doubt.

Then I realized that even the instances where the perk isn't active gives me valuable information. Checked a gen with plenty of progress and Whispers isn't on? I immediately know there's no sneaky survivors hiding nearby waiting to get back on to finish it. Especially handy early game to get in a chase ASAP and to "check" on a totem without sticking your nose up to it and making it painfully obvious you went to that spot for a reason to any survivor watching you.

And then I learned that at times you can basically "triangulate" a survivor's position once you get a feel for how far the range is from the killer's perspective, especially if you walk in and out of the radius from a few different angles.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Botany

I was like I don't need to heal faster, I just need to hide better- This was when I first started the game and thought Claudettes Blending Powers hid me in plain sight. Didn't realize how loud survivors are until I played killer. Same with scratch marks and blood stains. It's amazing how much you could learn by playing the other role for a bit.

It's really good to speed up teammate healing.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Ferocious Beating is a killer perk that no-one else runs. It's really good because survivors never expect it. I thought it sounded so basic but it's got such a high skill margin.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Infectious Fright - didn’t think much of it. Now I end games in less than 60 seconds because how great it is.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Infectious Fright was better than I originally gave it credit for.

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 492

Ferocious Beating? Is that even a thing? Even with a Google search nothing comes up

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355
    edited January 2020

For me, when playing survivor, I love to run Ace in the Hole.

If I do not want to go into my blood web to get any items, I just let the game choose for me,and I usually get 2 extra addons for it.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Pop goes the weasel, even after the buff I still had my doubts about it, nowadays I use it in at least half my killer builds

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

New deja vu. Shows which gens are closest to each one, never wander aimlessly.

Iron maiden. Ever got locker juked as Nurse or chainsaw killer? It also makes them scream, good crap.

Thrilling tremors and I'm all ears. Those are really top tier perks once i really tried them.

On the opposite side i thought new Dying Light will be good but its useless. Obsession is not affected and you don't get tokens from obsession. Once obsesion dies you loose all tokens. So basically you avoid obsession. Obsession pumps gens and other people are getting chased, hooked, saved meaning only one max two people are really affected at a time. Penalty doesn't kick in from the start and isn't even big enough to be noticible. Thanathpobia is better because it motivates survivors to waste time healing. Crap design from start to finish. I get it was made to fit with other 2 Mike perks (leave obsession for last) but it just doesn't work. His old kit gave you something for any interactions with obsession, now you are only punished for this. And name, dying light doesn't even fit anymore. Used to be: ######### this guy is dead, now were #########. Now its, oof he ded amen, pump gens.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Monitor and Abuse. I P1'd the Doctor for Overcharge, and because I enjoy his laugh. Did not realize how much M&A would help Myers and Hag, both whom I love to play. Works well on other Killers as well. It just doesn't give me much love in the Bloodweb sadly.

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280

Better Together is actually a shocking good solo perk!

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

I'm All Ears

I started using it first on Demogorgon.. it helped quite a bit at ending chases quicker.. put it on Nurse and it was pretty good for her as well - knowing which way to blink through walls.

a shame it had to get the axe from my builds

• MegHasCuteFeet
    MegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369

DS directly after its rework.

But they buffed it and never looked back to it and now its the best perk in the game.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I never really used Hex perks because they typically aren't hidden well enough.

However, I been using a perk that bypasses that flaw and picked up NOED on my Nurse. I combo the perk with Infectious Fright and oh boy, I never seen anything more dirtier than that combo. 😊

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    edited January 2020

Botany Knowledge, mainly because my smart brain thought you could only use it near in-game plants... didn't find out the truth until after 3 months of playing.

Sprint Burst, I thought it sucked without using it, since you literally can't run without using it, I just kept using BL. 👌😏 it pretty neat.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Resilience.

Do everything 9% faster while injured? No, thank you.

As of now, I tend to have it with most of my builds.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Small game.

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394

If you are currently interacting with an ingame action, the progress bar turns yellow and has icons above.

• RamiSamii
    RamiSamii Member Posts: 173

sprint burst because i never used it until recently (was a balanced landing user before the change, and dabbled in lithe), and now i have a lot of joy with it.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited January 2020

Blood Echo.

Thought it would be only good with Legion and Plague. Messing around with it made me realise how great it is.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

Monstrous Shrine. I just recognized it's true power. Unlimited power.

Nah, I think that Dark Devotion. But not as Survivor. As Doctor I got a lot of gen grabs and static blasts on the other side of the map :D

• acer20098
    acer20098 Member Posts: 14

yea i never knew that because instead of trying it, i would assume it sucked

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

Probably resilience and Iron will. I just love the 9% resilience gives and the vaulting speed,and i'm addicted to iron will. I like being able to stay injured and make absolutely 0% noise

• yutycorn
    yutycorn Member Posts: 246
  • yutycorn
    yutycorn Member Posts: 246

Hmm, gotta say sloppy butcher and dead hard for me

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Spies from the Shadows. I put in on Nurse and I don't think I'll ever take it out.

This is also a great one. I think it pairs with DS incredibly well. Whenever you have Tenacity, the killer assumes you have Unbreakable. So, if you're slugged, you can play strategically. You can show your Tenacity to force the pick-up to DS, or wait the opportunity to crawl away fast and get picked up, all while recovering.

• Cabbage
    Cabbage Member Posts: 349

Surge for sure

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

Spine Chill

At first it didn't seem that good, but after playing with it and getting used to its mechanics, its practically a cheat code perk that tells you whenever the killer is in your area, and heading your way. Even better it works against Stealth killers, so there is literally no reason why it should be absent from any build imo.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924
  • Pok
    Pok Member Posts: 100

spine chill for survivors. When I started the game, I thought it was terrible compared to premonition, now I feel blind when I don't have it.

For killers, I've started to like Save the best for last. I'm not sure if it's that good, but I love the cooldown reduction

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    edited January 2020

Lucky Break. This perk is amazing when combined with Iron Will. Killers lose you so easily when they can’t hear you & don’t have a blood trail.

Currently my favorite build is a stealth build on Claudette which uses Lucky Break, Iron Will, Urban Evasion, and DC/Self Care.

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

Spies and Save best till last, because of survivor que times it's kinda forced me to basically become a killer main lol so I have started to use spies and save the best alot more, and i really enjoy them now.

• mylesmylo

Small Game pretty means = RIP to Nancy's perk 😂 MY TOTEMS NOT YOUR

• mylesmylo

Didn't take me that long to work out you use it anywhere lol but yes when I first started I was like where are the plants??!! 😂

• mylesmylo

I live for spine chill lol I dont really use it to stealth away, I more use it so I know I'm possible going to be ready for a chase any second, and of course for a little extra progression speed when killer chase someone else in my area lol

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I originally thought that OoO would be awful.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited January 2020

Fair enough, i also dislike some liked Perk combos. 😋

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

It has to be overcharge. It is a guilty pleasure,I admit. But once I started using it,it became extremely good. Combo with unnerving presence and distressing with doctor and the skillcheck is near impossible. Also regresses the fen if failed and I just love it with pop. People in green/purple ranks don't fully commit on gens so they end up losing more progress and being less productive due to it

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Coulrophobia, is not super good but in the late stages with 4 or 3 clustered gens left it forces survivors to go heal far away from my patrol zone or stay near my TR and heal very slowly, it stalls them in both scenarios, if they decide no to heal they are open for a one hit down.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

Save the best for last, brutal strength, whispers