The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors loosing on purpose to provide fake datas to devs?

Wesker
Wesker Member Posts: 339

I had multiple trials where my opponents did 4 gen in 3 minutes (they had toolboxes and I was the Wraith in Rotten Fields)

They left the last gen at 99% and then started messing around, so I get a 4k; they had pretty decent looping skills also, didn't fall for mindgames before the 4th gen popped. What the hell guys, are you really trying to tell them the game is in good conditions after the ruin rework?

Comments

• Wesker
    Wesker Member Posts: 339

Killers did that to tell the game is actually unplayable (at least for the standard 4,6 ms killer),

Survivors are doing this to tell an unplayable game is fair to play as and to play against? *derpface*

• Biggs
    Biggs Member Posts: 286
    edited January 2020

And don't forget people are doing challenges and from this seems like swf group was doing that idiotic protect forever challenge.. Get 4 safe unhooks or 4 protected hits in one trial... Again pretty stupid challenge... Yet again out clever and rank 16 devs thought this is great idea... All what it does is once again forcing people to play differently and literally throwing into the blade to killer

Post edited by Biggs on
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited January 2020

Probably, in any case I have my tinfoil hat ready.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

That survivors dont want to end the round, escape and additionally might be messing around because they can, isnt that pretty concerning in itself?

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    edited January 2020

Kk

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

While I don't view it as much as a "problem" when it comes to statistics and such, I totally agree that people basically throwing to get challenges done can make match quality drop for sure. If you have 4 survivors all going for unhook challenges you already know it'll be a mess of a match 😄

I'd imagine the devs are aware though, and while data might be part of what makes them take decisions it's not gonna make them change something based on the data alone. Even the Ruin change wasn't exclusively "it's used too much", they had other motivations as well even if people disagree with them.

Not really inherently concerning. Matches where one side is capable of toying with the other will to some extent always happen unless the game had some sort of impossibly perfect matchmaking if you ask me.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Maybe they wanted totems or points.

Survivors in general dont often play very smart. They probably thought they had the game in the bag and got cocky

• AlsendDrake
    AlsendDrake Member Posts: 103

Don't pretend that it doesn't happen from both sides.

*Data shows 60% escape rate spiking to 80% because of dumb stay taking method*

"It only records post game stats, so it doesn't count!"

Can't we just all agree BHVR stats are inconsistent and rough

• Darth_Cader
    Darth_Cader Member Posts: 128

Or maybe they didn’t want a boring 3 minute game and actually wanted to pip up by getting in chases or doing altruistic things.

It’s funny how you’d most likely be complaining the other way if they actually finished the last gen and escaped.

This player-base needs to learn how to not be biased, both ways, and need to stop jumping to far fetched conclusions such as yours.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

There was 3 gens left on the map, and you didn't find the one that was at 99 to kick? Regardless if they decided to prolong the game, longer games only end up in the Killer's favor.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

No conclusions =/= wrong. And I am talking about the second release of the Stats, not the first one (which indeed had some wrong graphics, like the one you are presenting here).

I honestly dont know what your point is.

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202

The Stats at least the ones we were given are useless.

Unless the Devs look much deeper they wont mean a thing, There's just too many variables to games to warrant taking the Stats seriously. As well there's the huge issue of ranking and matchmaking in general, People generally aren't facing people of the same skill levels, The way the matchmaking and ranking system makes it a toss up - If you want clear results you'd need to fix that first and foremost.

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175

I mean... Are you pointing this out because they didn't play the way you wanted them to? Seems to be a big problem with this community in general.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698

I have heard people saying they will skew the results/data because they are so upset with changes or w.e.... On twitter/discord/streams. It apparently is a thing....

Which makes me wonder about the data.., You know I would REALLY love to understand how they get their data. Because we all know people derank. Killers and survivors.

If a killer deranks its just him. Survivors though, even if they all aren't, if one dc or leaves the match right away, this seems to significantly decrease the odds for the others to "win" or succeed in the match... Or survivors just afking or doing badly in the match... It does make me wonder about the data...

I am just confused about the data, because they say they go by the data, but then they give us inaccurate data that we were told not to go by. So, I really am at a loss with this.... I'd love to know more.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

I understand where you’re coming from, but I’d highly doubt that this is anything serious; after all, contributing to this data collection, this is SO minor in terms of overall effort.

I get the feeling the survivors just flat out weren’t being productive, most likely looking for totems especially with “Craft Time’s over”, or trying to take hits for the David challenge.

TLDR: I don’t think survivors would throw games for this, it’s too trivial for something that would make little to no difference period.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131

Personally, unless I'm doing a challenge or something that requires it, I usually don't care if I escape. If the killer is obviously struggling, I may give them a free hook or even a free sacrifice.

Or maybe the survivors got their Objective points and then they wanted to actually do something by interacting with the killer. In higher ranks, gen rushing often ends with few Bloodpoints and a de-pip. If you're really worried about it, you could refuse to kill them.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

If the killer deranks that's a 0k. If a survivor does that's a 3-4k. Survivor deranking is not more effective.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

maybe the games are going too fast for them and they want to farm more points?

It would have to be a real tin-foil conspiracy for a widespread data manipulation to happen a mere few hours after the rank/matchmaking announcement.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

do you really think they would queue for 10mins just to purposefully die?

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

Big difference I'm afraid buddy.

If killers did in fact used the most optimal build during the ptb, they were doing nothing but to use something that is available in the game and quite frequent at the red rank. (Optimal players). It only proves that when played optimal, the game is heavily favored towards survivors.

Survivors not doing their objective to try skew the stats is totally opposite of what killers did.

Killers were trying to show that the mechanics and tools AVAILABLE in the game are not fine, while survivors are choosing to ######### up in order to skew the stats.

Not really hard to grasp, but I won't expect you to understand.

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355

How many beans and can I pay in exposures. I got a friend with 500 subs on youtube, so I can get him to give you exposures.

• Supr3_Angel
    Supr3_Angel Member Posts: 22

Alright keep giving excuses like this one so that the DEVS go to the killers side.

*evil laugh*

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,279

The survivors could simply be trying to do totems, especially if they suspect NOED.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,279

What builds are killers using to make gens go faster?

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270

No honestly, if you think this is what is causing this your being ridiculous. If anyone is doing this to prove the Devs data I can assure you it's so rare because I've never even heard of it that it probably wouldn't skew the results at all. Infact farming killers and killers giving up the hatch is far more common and would more than counter any skew to the data that this extremely small group of people do. Devs data isn't being proved by survivors dying on purpose...

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

It could be they wanted to get their pips and if you genrush and leave everyone black pips or even depips

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2020

The amount of people that would have to do this, to actually mess up the stats....

Lets just say this would have to happen like repeatedly, every night, to everyone who plays the game to have an affect like that.

Thing is, I have never really run into this problem at all in a TON of games since the update. So there is just not enough people to really cause a problem doing it.

On top of that killers are probably doing the same, so it's in the same ballpark I imagine as they cancel each other out.

and on top of all THAT they don't look at just stats anyways.

• OperationMintyHippo
    OperationMintyHippo Member Posts: 406

Tbh as a survivor I get so bored and kinda upset how fast matches are now and with having such long queue times, I just start to dick around lol. Idc if I live or die. Just trying to have some fun before waiting another 5 to 10 minutes for a short, gen run game.