The year is 2020, you can still dc into hatch escape

Hopefully if we can buy more $10 outfits guys, maybe then will we put even in the BHVR nuggie fund so they can eat and get to work like the precious workers they are :)

Comments

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

The hatch usually heavily favors killers since they seem to have a tendency of spawning next to them.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

I do have the worst luck in many games, so it can just be me.

I also have a tendency of bringing death to my teammates to those who rescue me - on Dead by Daylight, Left 4 Dead 2, etc. I'm a bad luck teammate pretty much. 😄

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378

The amount of time it takes for a person to be hooked on death hook and completely die, just delay the hatch by that many seconds after a DC.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2020

Well I mean, the survivor will just run to the other side of the map and then DC as soon as they are downed, so the other survivor can get the hatch before that period passes.

The killer could have slugged them and gone back for the other person, but DCing still lets them skip that entirely. So the problem still persists.

"But slugging is bad" well that is what you have to do at that point sometimes, that's a game mechanic, versus a flat out exploit, and obviously the exploit should get priority of being fixed.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

This is why I can't wait for the husk system to come out. You'll still have a chance to hook and probably slug DCed Survivors, meaning that you can still get your stacks on perks that use them and Survivors can't DC to give their teammate the Hatch. There hasn't been any news on it in a while though.

@Peanits @Almo

Is there any new information regarding the husk system that was talked about a while ago? Is it still coming out eventually?

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Lol so the hatch is killer sides now but people are that insecure about missing a few extra points they want the game to have a slugged husk so that the last player can’t actually do anything to win or escape other than try to camp it out for 3 minutes until the husk bleeds out.

That sounds so much fun!

The amount of crap killers suggest for survivors is mind boggling. They could not care one bit about anyone else having fun, it’s all about the 4k for them.

Might as well just go the friday 13th route and create offline bots. Then you can have your 2 minute gen times and husks to stop hatch and all that.

• Pizza_Dweet
    Pizza_Dweet Member Posts: 68

I agree, personally I consider a win as 3 kills, it's nice to get a 4k, but with my luck the hatch spawns right next to the survivor lol.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

I've escaped through hatch, almost every time, from it literally spawning under my survivors feet.

Few times via search, but when it comes down to "about time for hatch to spawn ", I stand still and it usually just shows up.

It's 50/50, completely random, and if it didnt keep the last person from hiding for 45 minutes out of fear of being unable to do gens and escape, would serve no purpose.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Pretty much haha. I can't count the amount of times I'm in a chase and out it pops right in front of us. It then becomes a 'Who can smack the button first' match.

• ChunChunMaru
    ChunChunMaru Member Posts: 52

If I want to go for a 4k, then I will do what I like to secure that 4k. If I get outplayed, cool. But a DC hatch escape is out of my control. That's not fair. How can survivors unironically say "Does letting go of one kill bother you that much?" But the moment I have 1 kill during the EGC, and there's three survivors swarming like flies, I can't say "Does letting go of one death bother you that much?" LOL

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

Are you seriously defending this tactic? There’s no “and”, it shouldn’t be possible.

• AtomP
    AtomP Member Posts: 23

The survivor team failed to do the gens, why does the last person deserve to escape? Are they that insecure about losing a few extra points from the hatch escape?

I think Peanits has said in several threads re: the hatch that it was put in to prevent the last survivor from taking the game hostage and immersing for 20 minutes trying to do the remaining gens rather than accepting defeat. So it's already a free unearned escape just so the last survivor doesn't feel bad about losing, now you mad they might prevent people from abusing it further with DCs?

• ClickyClicky

Yes the hatch was put in to speed up the endgame. To stop it being boring with the killer searching through every bush on the map looking for the immersed claudette while the survivor has nothing to do but hide.

So.....having one guy/a bot slugged on the floor for a couple of minutes with the killer searching through every bush on the map looking for the immersed claudette while the survivor has nothing to do but hide.....it's kind of the same problem no?

It's playing out the same way.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

I guess its better to dc than to struggle on hook

• AtomP

It is the same interaction as with a survivor. If the 3rd survivor hadn't dc'd and got slugged so the killer go for the 4k then the game would proceed the same. There is no hostage situation; if the killer didn't want to search for the eternity of the 4 minute bleedout timer, he can hook the 3rd survivor (or husk) and proceed with the hatch race with the 4th. All having a husk does is prevent DC exploits. It would also prevent all of the trolling that we saw during the last tome with the stupid "kill all 4 in the basement" (and other such hook/sacrifice challenges), where the survivors would dc at the last second just to prevent the challenge from completing.

• ClickyClicky

There is no hook/hatch race.

The person explicitly stated they wanted to slug the husks.

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286

The Hatch mechanic is a needed evil but DC's influencing the outcome because of a clear oversight on the Devs part is not ok.

No matter how you try to defend it, this is the less frustrating way to deal with the situation.

• ClickyClicky

No its far worse.

At least with a human slugged you can pick them up and they can try to hide.

When you pick up the husk its going to do what exactly? Stand there? Because there won’t be A.I.

• AtomP

A slug is a slug. A slugged husk has the same agency as a slugged survivor. Killers can already slug the 3rd and try to hunt the 4th before the bleedout finishes or camp the hatch for that time. Adding in husks doesn't suddenly make this tactic possible, it's already a common case when the killer wants to try for a 4k.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

A win is 2 kills, but it's pretty stupid that if you do well the other team get's a free win mechanic, and you don't.

• ClickyClicky

Its not the same at all.

A slugged survivor can be picked up, they can run, they can hide. A slugged husk won’t be doing anything. Hell there’s no guarantee it would even recover itself.

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286

With the Husk mechanic introduced there wouldn't be any real advantage for a DC (which in my books is a good situation) so I assume the Survivors will know this and don't go for the slugged "person" .

• Mak0
    Mak0 Member Posts: 251

If you manage to kill 2 survivors stop the gens from being completed/stop the exit gates from being opened/stop the survivors from escaping through them somebody DC's and the last person gets the hatch. You shouldnt be mad. You practically won the match

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Killers don't have any free escape equals though. Why do a GROUP of people who can sometimes fail to do even 1/5 of their objective get a reliable method of at least 1 escape?

The closest thing I can think of for killers is closing the hatch but only certain killers can really take advantage of that anyway, and the rest are left to just walk and hope the gates are close to each other.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

The hatch as a last ditch survivor escape tool cannot in any way help a killer

• Thane_Valkarian
    Thane_Valkarian Member Posts: 45

I've had a game where I can close the hatch and a survivor was down right next to it I had to even though I was repeatedly hitting the button to close the hatch the animation kept lagging and stopping and eventually it just stopped entirely giving the survivor the hatch so it prioritizes survivors over a killer closing it at least in my opinion that really stung.

• darkknight287
    darkknight287 Member Posts: 42

The only problem is hatch should spawn with 5 gens left, it punishes the killer for having a good game