Why is Green ranks so toxic?

I've reached green rank killer and the survivors are so toxic not all of course. what should I do about it? Besides quitting. Don't wanna quit cuz people like my DBD streams and VODs.

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Idk, be toxic yourself? Have you already tried being nice? It's not something the devs can fix, it's something you have to deal with.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

Just persevere.

I guess they just think they’re hot stuff because they got past Rank 13. I’ve played in a bunch of those KYF community lobbies on PS4 and they’re filled to the brim with kids who call themselves “toxic” like it’s some kind of fashion statement.

...fortunately they’re never usually good enough to actually put up a fight, so just kill away and move on.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

It only gets worse from here. Potato purple and red ranks who got carried by the system are just as toxic if not more. They think they're better than they actually are lol.

• FrankSRfromIT
    FrankSRfromIT Member Posts: 59
    edited January 2020

For me the purple have been the worse. Once I got to yellow/green (i keep bouncing, haha) the wonderful matchmaking system has me playing against purple all the time. Teabagging, bodyblocking, flashlighting at the pallets. So much fun. Sabotaging all the hooks so when you do get them down you can't hook them, and I don't like to slug because as a survivor that sucks. EDIT: the guy doing the sabotaging that game did nothing else at all but watch me, sabotage hooks and flashlight me the soon as I got someone. It was one of the worst games I ever played and first time I considered DC'ing myself.

• TrappinMan
    TrappinMan Member Posts: 66

Nothing you can do about the sabotaging, but I find bringing Lightborn and Mad Grit is essential in purple ranks, especially with instablind. Let's you walk right through the flashlight and slap the taste out of them. Mad grit punishes all the body blockers by giving you more time to carry by smacking them.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

Glad in not the only one. In my experience green ranks are the most toxic players. Purple and red are a lot more chill, I don't understand why it is that way. Everytime I see a mori offering, I know it is a green rank killer and I'm 98% right with this every time. Maybe it is because they just don't pip with all the moris, tunneling and face camping and don't make it to purple ranks with these tactics.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

cuz they are a little more experienced, so they will search DBD content creators ,what they will find is no0b3 and others and that are "toxic" for bullying an new killer or sees someone tbaging (like ochido) so they will think that tbag is funny.

that's my opinion

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Just gotta tough through it. It gets much worse after green ranks

• liquidlight
    liquidlight Member Posts: 344

Wait until you hit red in either killer or survivor. It only gets worse. xD

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,144

Are you only getting green ranked survivors now that you reached green ranks? I get green ranks at rank 18. Purple ranks if I reach rank 17.

• rikaa
    rikaa Member Posts: 81

Well I decreased my rank. I am actually rank-1 survivor. But I decreased my rank to green ranks to play with my low ranked friends(If I match with them as a red ranked survivor, the killer will be red ranked and that will be hard for my friends). So I do not what toxicity is in your mind but I do flashlight save and try to them escape with BT. Maybe there may some people like that...

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

Try not to rank up any further. It only gets worse.

Purple/red is teaming with SWF bringing the worst map offering possible, as if playing GOD mode wasn't unfair enough.

At least on the PS4 is like this on my region.

• Waffleyumboy
  • TragicSolitude

Wow, rude.

I have a stupid number of hours in the game, but my friend plays on my account and he likes to have chill matches, so I can't rank up or he can't play. Sucks for me, even when I try to hold back I'm too aggressive and I have to go afk halfway through the match and possibly still pip, but he lightens the load of the grind so it's worth it.

• Waffleyumboy

Yo chill just being cheeky mate. I understand why someone wouldn't be able to constantly be at red ranks.

• TragicSolitude

I apologize, the tone didn't come through in the text. I'm used to so many people judging each other harshly in this game.

I can't even always tell which of the complaint posts in this forum are serious and which posts are ironic, anymore.

Yeah, being in high ranks is no fun. After a certain point, the higher up I go, the less I enjoy the game. It kinda sucks how easy it is to pip in the low ranks, though. At rank 18, you don't have to kill anyone to pip. You don't even have to hook survivors to pip. o_0 This game's expectations are weird.

• Holdonholdon
    Holdonholdon Member Posts: 48

play myers and bring tombstone and grab them by the neck and mori them all. 😂

I'm a survivor main, but I also play killer , the shape is my favorite and I get them every time. 2 ez. they dont act toxic for too long because their dead.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Green ranks are just resets of purple who think they're good when they're just bullying average killers. In green ranks I typically take in an ivory or cypress mori just incase.