Will the ruin nerf finally filter unskilled killers out of high ranks?

ppo8820
ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

I know many killer players have reached red ranks and did so relying on ruin or toxic builds/play styles. With the new ruin nerf, it seems many of these unskilled red rank killers will now be pushed back to purple or green ranks, which seems like a good thing.

So in a way is the new ruin nerf helping to sort or filter out some of the more unskilled killer players from high ranks? Isn’t this better for game in long run?

Comments

• SupaSlay3r20
    SupaSlay3r20 Member Posts: 139

It's been so long since I've seen a red ranked killer that I believe that most killers are going to drop out of red ranks.

• SupaSlay3r20
    SupaSlay3r20 Member Posts: 139

Also, there already weren't very many red ranked killers due to how busted the emblem system is. Whenever skill based matchmaking is implemented though, rank will be irrelevant.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Perhaps. But there's no doubt to me that at the moment there are too many killers that are completely unviable against optimal survivors. And the same can be said about survivor, I would say that even before Ruin nerf, it was probably still easier to reach red ranks as survivor than as killer.

I guess if killers had more viable options to choose from, and the thousands of survivor players that are at red rank but don't belong there would also get "filtered out", it would be a good thing. But alone the fact that survivors of all kinds of skill level can reach red ranks is a problem.

In the end I believe no one will be able to ignore the fact that queue times for survivors are much longer than for killers. Making more killers viable and improving map design would probably solve this problem.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited January 2020

No, because the current ranking system and rank reset is piling lots of survivor potatoes into ranks they shouldn't be at which gives easier games at higher ranks. This effect is what's covering up some of the other problems in the game at the moment.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Will the devs finally delete all posts regarding the Hex:Ruin nerf?

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Only after they delete all the posts whining about tunneling, camping, slugging and lobby dodging.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

My brain cells won't survive to that part of the apocalypse.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

They exist as well but I was referring to killers in this post.

• Scootermarrrr
    Scootermarrrr Member Posts: 15

Ummm, I prefer the term "Differently Skilled"

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

It'll only filter out the killers you play against. No more fun and easygoing builds with unique gameplay. A whole lot less variety of killers to play against. And more sweat builds, thats whats going to happen. Killers will have few and scarce opportunities to play nice now.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

So call killers boosted when evidence suggests the issue is boosted survivor randoms as is supported by hundreds of hours of gameplay footage and testimony by content creators and fog whisperers alike..but hey I'm sure you've cracked the case with this one super constructive post

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

wth are some of you talking about. I am rank 2 survivor and every killer I face is red rank. Red rank is by no means rare now. Not to say I agree with ruin changes because they're BS.

Wait times taken a huge increase lately and killers dodge so much more now. Nothing like waiting 5 minutes to get placed in a lobby then get insta dodged.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Have unskilled killers in red ranks ever been a problem? Pretty sure that's only the case for survivors.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

There is something unique and wron on your platform then. I play on Xbox which if I had to guess is the smallest population enxt to PS4 and PC. Possibly bigger than Switch but even switch could be bigger by now I guess. I NEVER see that happen.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

No this has been happening on ALL platforms for a lot of people.

I can say I have been on both ends of this(As the high rank surivor(Purple) vs a rank 20 trapper with no perks unlocked(Also when I was ranking up my killer to purples this was a common sight))

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,690

That's ok, soon there will be a hidden matchmaking score :D

• pizzamess
    pizzamess Member Posts: 209
    edited January 2020

probably not but if so have fun with longer survivor queues, not like theres any real benefit to being in red ranks

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I have been getting red rank killers on PS4 between 7-11pm est. My red rank teammates are a different story how the ######### they got to red let alone stay there.

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394

Sometimes you just dont want to try when playing killer. Played Insidious Bubba for hours yesterday going form Rank 2 to Rank 7 while getting 3k's and 4k's/. It doesn't make a difference for killers because its still Rank 1-4 survivors all the way up to around Rank 12 as killer.

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

Xbox population definitely isn't small. The game been on game pass for months now and is on the list of most popular games for xbox game pass

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

I don't know, man, for actual red rank killers games are a cake walk lately. So many weird ranking matches. Red rank survivors are often too easy to trick, and not mentioning when some low ranks get there. Today I had a random solo survivor of rank 12 matched against me ("kinda" rank 1) and with a team of other 4-3 rank survs (they confirmed that in chat), so I can't even tell if that's just some crazy swf shenanigans. I got so used to that I was caught off guard when a team of 2-1 ranks decisively beat me on hawkins. I'm afraid I'm getting worse with current state of things, so I think surv ranks need weeding out :P

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

ruin had to go at some point.

not because it "boosted bad killers to rank 1", but because with an objective rework this needed to go or it would have been too strong.

also the general design of the perk was punishing towards bad players and basically non existant to good players, which made it a lot harder for lower ranked survivors to go up against it, so it kinda helped you in matches where you didnt necessarily need it, while it did very little for you when you did actually need it.

so yeah the timing isnt good, but ruin had it coming for it sooner or later.

i just hope they fix the objective times now...

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I've been stuck rubber banding from rank 10-12 on killer for the last three months and can't progress any higher without resorting to trashy tactics that I hate using (which often result in depip anyway). Regularly I'm being matched with rank 1-6 survivors with the very rare actual green rank matches. Rank means absolutely nothing in this game when playing as killer and hopefully once this hidden skill rank matchmaking starts I can stop sweating do much as killer and have actual fun games.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

For every two games I de-pip, I only need one game against some potatoes to make up the difference. Between that and the changes to rank reset (when it works, at least) I'm pretty sure I should be safe in low red ranks for the time being. :P

• yutycorn
    yutycorn Member Posts: 246

WAIIIT I HAVE ONE MORE!!

I actually don't... its all been covered in some way, shape or form o.o

• ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

Most survivors in red ranks are garbage, especially nowadays when you can face rank 20s even if you're red rank.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Do you hate killers?

• BubbaSawyerMeats
    BubbaSawyerMeats Member Posts: 108

i'm rank 9 currently on xbox and i am going against red ranks exclusively. but i think a lot of those are unearned, so it balances out.