Is this fair?

Options
BabyYODA1445
BabyYODA1445 Member Posts: 7

I Play on Xbox one and recently killer lobbies matchmaking has sky rocketed to less than 1m for a match as compared toa few months ago at 5-10m searching for a match. This is completely not fair, in my opinion. I'm no where near red rank skill level. I got trolled and bamboozled.

Is this fair? 39 votes

Yes
5%
Sholin_SpadeAdvorsus 2 votes
No
84%
Fabyoulustmyers_obsessionBossMister_xDJnnsMuBlueberryMiriamGDolphin9192yobudddBoosted_DwightKathecrutoxicmeggpalletsryummyfly_172karatinac97anonymous31337MrsGhostfaceEnderloganYTTodgeweihtFilledPizza 33 votes
Ranks mean nothibg!
10%
danielbird11GamewizStrancolBrucecastro81 4 votes

Comments

• Nomadd
    Nomadd Member Posts: 167
    Options
    No

No. But, sadly, it's typical lately. And on PC too. It's the worst matchmaking I've ever seen, finding game takes SO long and then we're getting that kind of ranks. I've stopped playing killer at all, partially because of devs approach, partially because of matchmaking. And now I'm close to leaving the game completely. Game is being progressively ruined.

• LaurieMainz
    LaurieMainz Member Posts: 34
    Options
    No

Now it's opposite for me. I'm at rank 11. I'd say I'm rank 9 skill. (Been there before)

I have been with rank 19,20,17 people almost every match. Either my teammates are not doing anything and the killer is destroying them, or me and my teammates are great and we have a sucky killer. Oh oh but now when I'm killer? I'm rank 12. I am with rank 4,7,19 and 20 almost every match. It's crazy.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options
    No

This is why I’ve stopped playing killer

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options
    Ranks mean nothibg!

No, but also means nothing. But why you use noed, you're playing doc, there's a lot of good perks with him

• BabyYODA1445
    Options

I use noed bc of ruin nerf, most games go in 3-5 mins now lol and thats my bp farm build lol

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Yes

Let me play devils advocate real quick. Ranks 9-10 are on the edge of purple ranks. I'm not saying the system is perfect, I completely agree it's messed up sometimes. But think about this. How would you get better if you don't play people better than you? If you're constantly playing people you can stomp, you'll never advance your skill set. Maybe look at any mistakes you made that match that survivors capitalized on, and work on fixing those so they don't happen again?

Now I don't think you should be playing against all red ranks, but I do think that if you're closing in on the next ranks, then you should have to play with one rank higher survivors. I.e. if you're rank 9 you should have to play against purple ranks. Cause if you want to rank up you should have to earn it.

I think it should be more like a spectrum. If you are rank 10, you play against mostly green ranks and occasionally purple ranks. But if you're rank 9 trying to get to purple ranks you have to play against purple rank survivors. Then once you're rank 8 you play against green and purple. Rank 7 only purple. Rank 6 purple with some red. Rank 5 only against red. This should transition you well into higher ranks as long as you actively try to learn and get better.

• BabyYODA1445
    Options

I can literally find a match in 3,5 secs now as opposed to 3 months ago its took ages lol all sweaty swf. swf breaks the game and should be, at the least, capped to a certain rank. think? 12 perks vs 4. these huge ass maps. and really no map pressure killers. Im a doc main, and i cried when he got cooldowns!

• BabyYODA1445
    Options

oh, i agree but red ranks swf is the most toxic. it was a backyards loopfest out there. gens were done in 3 minutes!! totally not fun at all... its like the matchmaking now just throws you in a batch of people looking for a killer. regardless of rank. i just faced a purple, green, and 2 swf rank 1s. i cant even pip.. this honestly isn't even fun anymore.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options
    No

Not everyone wants to continuously get better at a game. Most people who play this game want to play it casually. Why don't we flip the situation around and match level 15 survivors with rank 1 killers. Should matchmaking allow that because it would force them to get better? Lets up the chance for the killer and force survivors to constantly play against a Pro Nurse. Would low ranks like that and be encouraged to get better? No, the community will die a fast death.

People shouldn't be matched with others more than 2/3 levels apart.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Yes

I have played with rank 15-20 survivors as a red rank, and no I don't think that's fair. And I also don't think that you should always be paired with people 2-3 ranks above you. But then again, I never said they should. I said if you're playing to get better and if you're ranking up that you should have to play against people a rank above you, Because that advances your skill and makes it to where you earn your spot. Overall you'll still be playing against people on your level because you increased your skill set. This wouldn't apply to people who don't want to increase their skills or get better because they'll never make it past yellow ranks. I've also mentioned in other posts, not this one mind you, that a normal unranked mode should be introduced for more casual players. You could also offer multiple ranked modes, 1 for solo and one for SFW groups. And killers can choose which one to partake in. Introduce then cosmetic rewards for different rankings and BOOM! Everyone's happy.

• Vuk
    Vuk Member Posts: 37
    Options
    No

I suffered this last game, with the pig, i just gave up in the last generator.