If bad survivor and killer perks were actually S, A, or B tier. Personal Wishlist.

In Dead By Daylight, utility perks often get the short end of the stick. With only four perk slots, the competition among meta builds is very narrow. Many perks that don't assist in generator times, looping, or countering looping, are light years behind the rest. On top of their abstract effects, the design team has a knack for piling on other arbitrary restrictions on when these utility effects can be activated or have punishing cooldowns.

So without further ado, here is an updated personal wishlist of buffs that include both low tier survivor and killer perks (as voted for in the dennis reep crowd sourced tier list). When evaluating these, ask yourself if you could run these in place of your meta perks like sloppy butcher or iron will.

Starting with some of the current worst of the worst:

Good synergy with hex-heavy builds. Number of totems cleansed to completely remove the red stain is 5/4/3.

Early game map pressure is a big problem. Here is an alternative take on corrupt intervention that still gives the old basement scouting capability of the old perk. Survivors are faced with a choice to waste some time searching chests or to go directly for generators. Loud chest searching noises will provide some early game scouting. I wouldn't recommend running this and corrupt intervention, since survivors would just get all the chests while gens are blocked.

You can think of this as a "quest perk". While pallet stuns are a rare occurrence, racking up a large number can come with a big payoff in helping your allies occasionally Kobe off of hooks. On average, this adds about 0.2 seconds to pallet stuns at rank 3.

For slow moving killers, basement plays are often out of the question especially on big maps. This perk would add some desperately needed long range map traversing capability.

Speaking of basements, here is a potential ticket to escape a basement camping killer. With a very long activation time, you need to pre-emptively use it. Occasionally you might get unlucky and exit at the locker next door a few feet away, but it can serve as a way to confuse killers about which corner of the map you are on.

Blindness is a minor nuisance at best. With exhaustion, this effect would be worthy of a hex. Note that you have to catch survivors one time first. Lithe, head-on, and sprint burst fair decently, but dead hard users should beware.

Bloodhound suffers in comparison to other scouting perks. Normally you want to try and track survivors you haven't already found. Let's spice it up a bit for finding the other survivors.

If you've ever been an M1 killer trying to apply split damage pressure, you might be frustrated against coordinated healing survivors. This buys you some guaranteed time to do your thing.

This scouting effect blooms in the late game. Praise be the sun.

Healing or hiding around completed generators could be very beneficial especially against a killer who is trying to apply a lot of split pressure.

All those fog increasing offerings have been reaching double digit levels of collecting dust in your inventory. Now you have a reason to burn them. Surprise survivors in the early game through the thick fog.

No fool is going to stick around to heal inside your terror radius. But injured fools outside of your terror radius will reveal their locations occasionally to you.

Sometimes, psychological tricks are the best way to protect generators. Do you want to take your chances that the leatherface standing over there next to that gen is not the real one? Go on, try it.

There are some nasty building loops out there, so we have to be careful with this perk. But when used correctly, you can surprise a killer who is trying to predict your moves.

Provides some protection against long loops, but with a much longer cooldown as compensation for a powerful effect.

An anti-juking perk. Especially useful on certain killers like the Spirit.

By inverting the terror radius occasionally, survivors can become confused about where the killer is in relation to themselves.

Franklin's demise is already the goto perk for countering items. By spreading the effects of this perk across several weak categories, this perk can fit in a wide variety of niche builds. Note: penalty lessens with distance to killer.

Seeing you picking up a survivor is when they often regroup and heal each other. With a broken status effect included, this perk will let you keep your momentum for a long time.

Picking up a survivor is also a prime time for survivors to cleanse your totems. By sacrificing a perk slot, you can prevent that.

Might be a nice choice for killers who like to use downed survivors as bait.

In high ranks, its not an uncommon phenomenon for survivors to ignore hooks and just complete generators first. This works against that playstyle.

-----------------------

The Following Perks are redesigned to synergize with each other:

-----------

-----------

Become a brief whirlwind of quick destruction. Combo with Frightened Frenzy for good effect.

Mad grit in any form isn't very useful without some way to protect against stuns. Seeing the progress bar will also let you better estimate which hooks are reachable or not.

The old utility of mad grit might be more fitting for this perk. The new second effect is a risk vs reward choice for M1 killers.

----------

----------

There are a million ways to go about buffing bad perks but you can consider this a personal wishlist. Some of these new perks have strong effects, but to run them, you have to drop other very powerful meta perks. I'm more familiar with the killer side of gameplay than survivor, but if you have feedback or ideas for other perks, feel free to provide your criticism or suggestions.

Comments

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

I like a whole lot of these.

Teleporting for survivors and killers who are not Freddy or demi is a bit weird but more of a funny.

The insidious one is a bit icky because it's pretty much discount spirit. Here's my suggestion for that

Insidious;

Hooking a survivor will grant the undetectable status for x/x/x seconds.

• blasto
    blasto Member Posts: 41

these are pretty cool ideas

• Doomsaki
    Doomsaki Member Posts: 152

The insidious idea comes from a Rank 1 Doctor I saw who used insidious to trick people at gens. He would stand next to generators and trick people into thinking he was an illusion. Even after starting the generator, he would still stand there for a few seconds. I fell for it and got grabbed to my surprise.

-----

Temporary undetectable is another potential way to go about it too.

• Colovorat
    Colovorat Member Posts: 30

Really cool ideas. New mechanics with fog and completed gens are really intresting. Only if devs take ideas from community and finally rebalance game

• Chmurkaz
    Chmurkaz Member Posts: 52

Wow, these are really cool ideas. I hope some dev will See this post and take inspiration from it to next perk reworks.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

So..... Mad grit just looks like

"survivors can wiggle out easier with a side of preventing body blocking"

The rest of them are fine but that one I don't like

• NullSp3c
    NullSp3c Member Posts: 765

I love all the other ideas except the fact that Montrous Shrine spawns a random portal anywhere on the map because that portal must be very important for the killer and shouldn't be dependant on RNG.

And I think that the duration of Knock Out's broken effect should be increased to 20/30/40 seconds, because it has some potential like that.

• Doomsaki

Maybe the first non-basement hook used could turn into a shrine by the entity once the survivor is rescued. Then it becomes a gateway to traverse the map or hook survivors in the basement.

• NullSp3c
    NullSp3c Member Posts: 765

Sure, i guess. Everything that brings a condition for the portal to spawn is good. Whatever gives it a good consistency ia good imo.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Most of these are really good ideas and sound very reasonable/fun. I hope the devs look at this because this is some good stuff my dude. +rep

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Most of these I think are pretty cool. The only ones that stands out to me as one I don't really like are Up the Ante and Mad Grit (and technically Unrelenting, since you took Mad Grit's "no attack cooldown" ability and gave it to Unrelenting).

• Doomsaki

The idea was at least that you run around with Legion feral frenzy speed, but keep the same hooking distance. By itself, its not much, just a minor time saving perk, but could be comboed with other things like agitation for more movement speed, or iron grasp for more time for a rushdown build to down groups of survivors near each other.

Maybe I was too cautious on the numbers, but what would it take to make such a rushdown build viable?

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

You didn't increase the numbers on Iron Grasp right?

The others are pretty cool.

• Doomsaki
    edited February 2020

The vanilla perk numbers are just: Time to wiggle free from your grasp is increased by 4/8/12 %. That's 7 meters of extra hook distance at tier 3.

It is bad. I don't even know if pallet protection, and almost double the bonus distance are enough to save it.