Corrupt intervention, do you use it?

Options

The replacement of ruin,corrupt intervention gives killers valuable time to set up traps or start chases without being worry of generators popping instantly.

Do you use it? Let me know down below.

Comments

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445
    Options

No. It makes survivors find each other and team up on other gens.

• Kliah
    Kliah Member Posts: 29
    Options

Yes, I use it as Hag to pull people toward me and my web of traps. I use it on Spirit too since she has the speed to patrol quickly.

• PfoxandtheHound
    PfoxandtheHound Member Posts: 49
    Options

No, I main trapper, but I want them to stay far away from my three gen I'm setting up. I'll give them a few gens because when they get comfortable and you down someone they acquire the debuff "Over altruistic".

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I main trapper and I use it. I preferred it over ruin before they nerfed it. It buys me time to setup my traps. Mainly I pick an area to rig as a maze of death, let the survivors get other gens outside the area, then try to herd them into the kill box. Depending on where I spawn it can be bad but it's a guaranteed 2 min protection. When it wears off I need to be hooking people though.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,642
    Options

Two things:

First, several Survivors on different Gens will always be faster and more difficult for the Killer.

Second, Survivors spawn together anyway. I guess this is some form of a Bug, because it did not use to be like that a few months ago (and also I think it would be better to spawn completely alone, so that "Reunited" actually means something and does not pop up 3 times at the start of the Trial)

@Topic:

I use it on Trapper, Hag and Myers. First two for Setup Time, Myers so that I ideally have not to travel the whole Map to get to Tier 2, because Survivors and myself are moving closer to each other.

• JnnsMu
    JnnsMu Member Posts: 249
    Options

Right now I use it on Legion to push survivors together. However, I'm still not sure if it's worth the perk slot since survivors can just hide for two minutes on some maps and some are too big for Corrupt Intervention to even make much of a difference while it's active. I've gotten a lot more use out of Pop Goes the Weasel and Thanatophobia so far.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494
    Options

If i see if i just hide for two minutes and got rid of one of your perks. Ill let the other suckers get caught.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494
    Options

If i see somebody got hit then i will move to the gens that are open. Till then i will work my way to them. There is no point in doing a gen when a high mobility killer can patrol them with no problems at all. All this does is initiate a chase and a posible hook near the only available gens to be worked on.

• grassdirtsky
    grassdirtsky Member Posts: 174
    Options

Yes

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

I find pop is better in the long run.

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445
    Options

I'd be very cautious with the word always.

If you get a Toolbox + Prove Thyself squad and commit to a chase for too long, these guys might cause loads of trouble.

A single gen takes longer and can be defended with less effort than a gen that is rushed by several survs. Once a gen is powered, it is gone.

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

Well, Prove Thyself only makes it that 2 people on a Gen are as fast as 2 people on separate Gens. So those two will get two Gens done in the same time as 2 people on separate Gens, while without Prove Thyself, they would take longer.

Toolboxes dont really change that, because the Speed Benefit will be the same, regardless if you work on one Gen or two Gens.

Prove Thyself is not really that useful to get Gens done fast, except for the last Gen, because before it is more beneficial to work on different Gens.

If all 4 Survivors split up, one will get found and three work on a Gen. But if more are on one Gen, they will need to leave it (at least for a small amount of time), when the Killer is arriving.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

Yes i do it's pretty nice tbh. It makes sure 2-3 gens don't pop instantly at the start

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Yes. It buys time for me to get dying light stacks or a couple of downs, which is more than enough to put pressure on them.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924
    Options

No, I found most people just immerse the 2 minutes when I use it, so no value at all

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

TEAMING UP IS WHAT YOU WANT SURVIVORS TO DO.

Smh these people...

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Discordance, infectious, corrupt, and BBQ is a sick combo to stop the teaming up. Play a insta down killer on top of that and you win always given you can mindgame loops.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    Options

Corrupt intervention is literally my Ruin replacement and it works very well. No frustrating totem cleansing in the first 30 seconds anymore.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    edited January 2020
    Options

You do know 3 gens done by different survivors take less time (80 seconds) than 4 men on one gen doing 3 full gens (86 seconds) and I'm not adding the factor that they need to traverse the map, and if they do gens next to each other to make them fast and the 4 survs together they 3 gen themselves?

ACTUAL good SWF do different gens at the same time, they don't work on the same one.

You want them together for easy injures and to make them have to heal instead of repair

EDIT: Red rank 1 trapper main, xbox

• EvilJoshy
    Options

If they are immersed for 2 mins, that's 2 mins they aren't working on gens. You could be hunting them with whispers.

• ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178
    Options

I use it.

If it's not there, there's no way to stop the generator.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924
    edited January 2020
    Options

Yeah but they dont progress gens and I dont get hooks so I prefer Pop and discordance for example

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Did some carbon based lifeform just say...

SURVIVORS GROUPING?

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

If all 4 of them are immersed and you cannot get into a Chase (because of not running Whispers) and you are not Trapper or Hag, you will have no value at all from Corrupt Intervention. No Chases, no Downs, no Hooks, no broken Pallets. It is basically as if the Game starts once Corrupt Intervention stops working.

But this does not really happen, if only 1 person is in a Chase, this is already value for the Killer. (So Whispers helps a lot with that) And I have never seen that Survivors will do nothing during Corrupt Intervention, neither when I was the Killer, nor when I was a Survivor.

(I go on a Gen anyway, even tho all 4 hiding would be better. I am there to play and not to sneak around for two minutes)

• EvilJoshy
    Options

Me personally, when I run intervention the survivors just have to find a gen to work on. I've yet to see all 4 of them hiding until intervention wears off.

I mostly play trapper with intervention and whispers so the perks synergize very well. Usually by the time I'm setup intervention has some time left.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Tried it, didn't really like it, will probably look for something else. It's probably not bad on Killers like Trapper and Hag who want set-up time.

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284
    Options

I use it on most killers and try to get as many downs and hooks as I can before it runs out.

Mainly Huntress and Demo. I don't use slowdown on new Doctor.

Huntress can use it to tighten the playing field on large maps.

Demo can place portals near the 4 remaining gens and prepare to pressure mid game while looking for other survivors at those gens.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728
    Options

I use it on oni to ease my early game a bit more. My goal is 1 or 2 hooks before corrupt ends. If i get that then it did its job perfectly.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

I don't use it much at all, but I should use it more often. It's good on any killer that can make progress towards their objective without finding a survivor. So trap killers benefit from this perk a lot. Hag, Trapper and Demogorgon are very good with CI. Most killers simply need to hope to be able to find a survivor before the first 2 minutes end, if all survivors decide to not do gens.

I haven't used it yet on Doc, but since he can find survivors with his power, it should be particularly good on him.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

No, very overrated perk in my opinion.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

My main killer is Trapper so it'd make sense to use it to set up traps, but no thanks. After the timer ends, you're left with 3 perks. I'd rather play with 4.

• SamuraiDragon27
    SamuraiDragon27 Member Posts: 105
    Options

I find Tremors to be more valuable, as it gives you more info, whilst also blocking off gens. Gives you that extra few seconds to make it to the gen at 95% and hit it with pop. Plus with the new ruin could have chance for decent synergy, causing survivors to choose between loss of progress, or detection

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

On resource management/set up killers, yes. Hag, Trapper, Myers, Demo, and arguably Ghostface make great use of it. It's kind of pointless on killers like Oni, for example, because the early game issue they have is tile safety and lack of power, not lack of set up.

• harald_TV
    harald_TV Member Posts: 3
    Options
  • seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2020
    Options

yes i use it with pop aswell, so you avoid getting rushed at the other side of the map where you really nothing can do to get there in time if 2+ survivors spowned there. so you have pressure early game when u as killer dont have nothing and you can because of that chill a little bit more. then is on you after those first 2 minutes to gain pressure by hooking survivors.

and is not a terrible idea to use pop/corrupt/discordance aswell they work very well together for certain killers if they are kind of weak and they need as much gen pressure as possible.